Stupid Monsters Part 3

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I ran Something's Cooking last fall. It was a blast! Calzone Golem ftw!

And generally, I thought most of these monster sounded awesome, but I have a taste for the quirky.

OhGodtheRats

First Post
The Roving Maukler [sic] and the Tooth Beast. The art I remember from the 3.5 Tome of Magic: Pact, Shadow, and Truename.

... And that's precisely how they're named there. :p (at myself). For whatever reason I thought that the first one was named a something something of Buer (which is the vestige it's associated with admittedly), and the other I thought I also remembered something different.

I'm gonna go make an omelet with this egg on my face now.
shemmywink.gif

Nice. I'm glad someone else beat me to asking about that...the trend I found was that monsters typically started out with stupid names (appearing in Dragon was a habit for these) and then someone put together a new book and couldn't bring themselves to type the word "Mant" and then 1000 words about their lifestyle and hobbies. (If you look closely, the Mant picture uses Art from a later book that gave them a different fancy-but-nonsensical name...Mants debuted in D&D without an illustration but there was no way I was going to miss that one.)

Really though, don't feel bad. If these appeared in a book on my shelf my brain would subconsciously give them better names too.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The Roving Maukler [sic] and the Tooth Beast. The art I remember from the 3.5 Tome of Magic: Pact, Shadow, and Truename.

... And that's precisely how they're named there. :p (at myself). For whatever reason I thought that the first one was named a something something of Buer (which is the vestige it's associated with admittedly), and the other I thought I also remembered something different.
It's only natural that you'd block out the name "Tooth Beast."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases