DM Minion: Digital Encounter\Combat Managment Tool for the iPad and Android Tablets

goathead82

First Post
Updates!

I've done a rather poor job of letting everyone know when updates were available to this application. There have been quite a few updates since release, here are notes!

DM Minion v1.9 Update
Added Use Action Point action to Other Actions menu to deduct AP from Monster/Player if available
Added popup alerts if AP is used or not
Added Player View for dual monitor setups (Desktop Only)
Added basic update checking (Desktop Only)

DM Minion v1.8 Update
Added option to auto number monsters when combat starts.
Added option to auto letter (A-Z) monsters when combat starts.
Added field to Combatant Summary(right swipe) screen to override generated label.
Increased size of buttons on the Damage/Healing Calculator to better utilize room available.
Weaknesses, Immunities, and Resistances are now extracted from XML and shown on the Combatant Summary.
Creatures with natural regeneration will now automatically have the regeneration condition added to them when combat starts.

DM Minion v1.5 Update
Tweaked combatant list to better utilize space
Fixed bug where Defense bonuses were not updated on the combatant when added

DM Minion v1.3 Update
Fixed issue with Initiative Bonus Saving/Loading
Fixed issue with Target and Range Saving/Loading
Increased default font to 12

DM Minion v1.2 Update
Fixed data sync issues when loading adventures when a adventure was already created.
myMinion login is now saved the first time you log in.

DM Minion v1.1 Update

The Damage and healing slider control will be replaced by a "calculator" type control, that is less cumbersome to use.
Player and Monster stats and Powers will now addable by creating them with out side using the DDI Import. Only a name will be required for users that want to track minimal amounts of player data.
Most player/Monster stats and powers will now be editable via the edit screen.
Fixed issue in DDI import that would cause monster's Secondary Attacks to not show their damage rolls.

goathead82

First Post
More Updates!

DM Minion v1.11 Update

• Added Notebook tab
  • Added option to add treasure information to an encounter
  • Added option to add encounter notes
  • reworked buttons on Combat screen
  • Added button to view encounter notes on the Combat screen

DM Minion v1.10 Update

• Enlarged grid in Battle view to show more data.
  • tweaked up information to be more clearly read
  • Added AP to main grid view
  • Added Combat Advantage Condition, enabled from the Other Actions menu
  • Added more detail to PC Power details
  • Fixed button response issues on Player View creation [Desktop Only]
  • Replaced HP text with bars on Player View [Desktop Only]
  • Condition names are now displayed on Player View [Desktop Only]
  • Split PC View window into two tabs, Player View and Log [Desktop Only]
  • Removed View Log from main Battle Screen [Desktop Only]

Siberys

Adventurer
I started fiddling with this today. I have a few questions;

- Is it possible to create our own conditions? I don't think it is, but I'd really like that capability.
- I find the current theme to be rather dark and difficult to read at times. Would it be possible for there to be a different theme?

Otherwise, I'm liking it.

goathead82

First Post
I started fiddling with this today. I have a few questions;

- Is it possible to create our own conditions? I don't think it is, but I'd really like that capability.
- I find the current theme to be rather dark and difficult to read at times. Would it be possible for there to be a different theme?

Otherwise, I'm liking it.

We have a "Quick Condition" feature on list, so it is coming.
We will do some research for additional and selectable themes and see what we can do.

goathead82

First Post
Can DDi files be uploaded through the iPad somehow, or do you need to use a computer for that?

Fjw70, the way it works is that DDI files are exported from the tools set then uploaded to our website then downloaded to the iPad, so yes you do need a computer.

Siberys

Adventurer
Yeah, I noticed that later on. I was just about to compose a feature request email, but I guess I don't have to!

The quick custom condition is /alright/, though there are a couple problems I have with it; I would prefer to be able to assign it its own name and icon do differentiate between different effects. Even better, I'd also like to be able to modify the conditions list outside of combat. I spend enough time in prep that setting them up then would be convenient, while also saving me some time during the game. It would also allow me to re-use the same condition over the course of a battle, which I'd imagine the current setup can't do (especially if there are multiple "special" effects in the encounter).

And thanks for looking into alternate themes. The current one is actually one of the things that's kept me away from this app for so long; I just find it so difficult to work in.

(edit: Noticed quick conditions was the potential feature you were talking about, while I was talking about the existing custom conditions feature)

Last edited:

goathead82

First Post
v1.21 is coming soon and adds one very exciting feature!
We have added all 5000+ D&D 4E Monster files into the app. Once its released you can add monsters without using the website!

Players and any custom monsters can still be added using the website!

Also here are some v1.20 change notes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases