[LPF] Ties that Bind

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=AE&D]Elenka turns to Audra who has been pretty quiet since her offer of aid to Captain Hwuzel.

"You'll help us in keeping watch over these things, won't you?"

Elenka looks at the monk with one brow raised. It's clear she expects this to be an equal partnership between the three of them.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=A/E/D]Audra, kneeling silently and letting Elenka and Drev, who have provided the ideal solution, negotiate with the Captain, looks up from where she kneels, again eyeing the young dragons and blinks a moment as if she isn't sure what she is being asked, then nods.

Sure. I'm sure you'll need a break, and a good stretch walking the deck would do good for you. As long as Drev is okay with it.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=AE&D]Drevezh'korol who has been mostly silent since he came down into the hold (he's used to allowing Elenka to feel like she makes the decisions) looks over at the contemplative monk.

"Perhaps, the nature of my... existence hasn't been made fully clear. I am only present when Elenka summons me and can only remain while she remains conscious." He darts a look at the Captain but he trusts that that information won't be used against them. "Which means that when Elenka sleeps someone else will be needed to guard the dragons. More than just the occasional break, you'll need to take a full watch."

Elenka nods at Drev's assessment.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Audra/Elenka/Drev]Now that the trio has gotten down to hammering out the details of their watching over the pair of wyrmling dragons, Captain Hwuzel seems content to leave the three to their own devices. "Yes yes yes yes yes," he says with a wave of his hand, "I'm sure you three can figure it out amongst you. Should you need any help from myself or the crew, just let us know. I will see to it that they make themselves available." With that, the captain extracts himself from the situation, leaving the three to sort out the details.

In the days and weeks that follow, the two ladies and their spectacular companion manage to sort out a comfortable rhythm, with Drev and Elenka often sharing watch over the dragons during their waking hours, and Audra taking her turn at night. In instances where both ladies' sleep patterns overlap, a willing crewmember is never too hard to find, despite the potential danger of the task: it seems that Captain Hwuzel's crew is no stranger to unusual creatures. Even so, the crew seem more than happy to leave feeding time to Drev, who is made all the more suitable for the task by Elenka's magic. After about two weeks' time, the dragons know enough to not even try a blast of their cold breath on Drev. Even they seem to have benefited from the arrangement: Drev's ability to feed them safely led to greater consistency, which in turn increased their level of nutrition.

Finally, after quite a lengthy travel, Audra and Elenka awake on the morning of their anticipated arrival into Venza. As they shake off sleep and stretch their legs, they notice the crew is especially busy, preparing all manner of cargo for unloading in the City of Glass.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=A/E/D]Audra emerges, blinking the last of sleep out of her eyes as she pulls her red hair back and catches it with the leather strap she uses to hold it back in a pony tail. She looks around at the activity, not much surprised at the steady flow of crew down and up from the hold. She steps out onto the deck and finds a quiet spot, at least for the moment, near the rail, looking out over the water. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

The only thing I'll miss about this trip, is the nice breeze.
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Audra/Elenka/Drev]From behind her, Audra hear's a male voice catcall, "The only thing I'll miss about this trip is you, Red!"

Audra's gaze is met by the wide grins of several crewmen. Any attempt to locate the guilty party is impeded by their hustle and bustle across the deck of the Rascal.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I couldn't resist! :p[/sblock][/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=A/D/E]
[sblock=Audra/Elenka/Drev]From behind her, Audra hear's a male voice catcall, "The only thing I'll miss about this trip is you, Red!"

Audra's gaze is met by the wide grins of several crewmen. Any attempt to locate the guilty party is impeded by their hustle and bustle across the deck of the Rascal.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I couldn't resist! :p[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Um...no problem, I'll address it :)[/sblock]

Audra eyes the group, and gives them one of her most charming smiles, adjusting her clothing by brushing at it, not looking the least bit embarrassed.

Yeah, I am sure you will all miss the morning stretching and breathing exercises. Not to mention the meditation. You'll be bored out of your boots in no time.

She winks and turns away, moving from that group of sailors a little slowly, exaggerating her stride just enough to give a sensual slink to her usual carefully measured walk. She smiles to herself as she moves off to start her morning "rounds", especially as the crew is a bit occupied and not able to pay attention to their surroundings.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]"What else was I going to do? Laze about in the Dunn Wright? At least this way I get some air and sun, yes?" he says, waving off the compliment.

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 17/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock][/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Eanos and Fulgrim]Phedilo nods, smiling somewhat abashedly, seemingly pleased at the pair's willingness to accompany him regardless of what lies ahead. Just then, the trio rounds bend and a waft of salty sea air hits them in the nostrils. The docks lie up ahead.

"Now, just to find the ship. It's a fairly large cargo ship - the Rascal. Captain Hwuzel usually likes to moor at the far side of the docks..."

[sblock=OOC]Should be able to stop the foot-dragging soon! Thanks for being patient. :)[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Audra and Elenka]Audra notices a few half-hidden looks as she moves about the deck, but the crew seem to be less daring in light of her directness.

Making her way up to the upraised portion of the above deck where the steering wheel sits, Audra gazes out over the water, catching sight of the huddled mass which no doubt denotes the fast-approaching city of Venza. As if spurned on by the sight of their destination, Captain Hwuzel makes his way about the deck, snapping off orders in anticipation of their impending arrival. [sblock=OOC]Just waiting for GlassEye.[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases