[LPF] Ties that Bind

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
There is only one thing keeping Audra from being face flat on the table. That's the plate with two sandwiches before her and her who knows how many-eth ale sitting nearby. Her look from the early morning wake up from her dream seemingly worsened by blood shot eyes and a look of simply having pushed herself to the edge of her limits under the circumstances. She eyes the Dwarf when he comes clean. Composing herself, she takes a swallow of ale to wash down anything unpleasant that might have slipped past what was left of her mental guard.

"Our wooden friend is quite the physician. Though I doubt without our team work and that antitoxin that we'd have been as lucky. I understand about trust. This trip has taught me to trust all of this lot. Even those I hadn't met until this whole thing started. That stupid Gnome..."

She catches herself. Another small swallow of ale.

"It is nice to know that he has good friends who care about him and will help him. I'd like to rush out to him, now, but if he is safe there, I will trust your word to wait the night. Besides, in all honesty, I am surprised I haven't gone face down into this plate. Perhaps tonight, now that I know he is safe, I can sleep. But, before I forget my manners, please let me thank you now, for watching out for Alecks. I doubt he'll remember shucking oysters together in Venza, but we'll just see. As for staying here, I don't think I really have much choice. Unless someone wanted to carry me."

A wry smile breaks into a nice, hard laugh. Obviously she is laughing way to hard for as minor a joke, if you want to call it that, she said. She pauses to wipe her eyes, the wristband of the Planks becoming visible for a moment before she leans back and simply sighs.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos relaxes and smiles as their dwarven acquaintance finally comes clean.

"Glad your kin is out of the woods--" is that a twinkle of amusement in his eye at the phrasing? It's gone before anyone can tell-- "and that you came 'round," he says with a smile. As he notes Audra's punch-drunk state, he nods his own agreement to the plan.

"Been a long night. Reunions can be tiring, too, so best to be fresh for it."

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka chuckles at Eanos' word play and grins over at the man.

Despite the wood-man's unflagging endurance Elenka releases Drevezh'korol to the Otherworld to rest before she summons him on the morrow for their trek through the woods to Alecks' hiding place. She sighs in relief at the news about Domoh's recovery and the news that Galin knows where Alecks has holed up and is willing to see that they find him.

"I'm glad that you have a safe place for him. And especially for you, Audra." She gives the monk a reassuring, heartfelt hug. "And since we have been traveling for some time and with one long-standing mystery near resolution, I think I am going to relax for the rest of the afternoon and evening. With a glass of wine." She smiles tiredly; the emotional tumult has proven to be nearly as tiring as a day of travel.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Well fed and well drunk at Galin's compliment, the group heads off to bed in anticipation of finally meeting the subject of their search in person. Their sleep is as good as it's been since they set out. Audra's rest is particularly sound: an agitation that had been wound around her heart for years seems to have suddenly loosened its grip. No dramatic dreams, no tossing and turning, no interventions from the gnome's mysterious card, only the blissful absence that accompanies the best of sleep.

Everyone awakes at the predawn glow sifting in through the trees. All share an eagerness to complete their journey. Galin is found waiting in the inn's tavern with a grin. "'aven't slept that well in days," he explains.

The journey to the cabin is uneventful. Galin's presence becomes increasingly appreciated as the forest thickens: he guides the procession around seemingly impassible thickets, always with a grin that seems to come easily now that his mind is at ease. "I chose the cabin's spot fer its priv'cy."

Finally, after four or so hours, Galin nods up ahead. "Cabin's right up there." Audra feels her pulse quicken. The approach has no suggestion of any clearing, until the last moment, when the thick forest abruptly gives way. The group spills out into a small clearing, with a modest shack at the center. "Ain't much tah look at, but she offers a nice retreat from tha city."

[sblock=Audra and Elenka]While nothing seems especially amiss, both ladies notice small things that seem to suggest something is out of the ordinary: for example, the door is slightly ajar, and there seem to be an unusual number of fresh tracks leading to the cabin, suggestive of a larger number of traffic than one would assume.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra stops just inside the clearing. A spot between the clearing and the door draws the young Monk's attention. She kneels down and eyes the spot. She picks a blade of grass from the ground and eyes it a moment before carefully setting it aside.

"Looks to me like it might be a bit more popular spot than you think. Lots of tracks here. I'm no tracker, but I'd think they're fairly fresh and in good number just from the look of it."

Her eyes come up and she looks at the cabin.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

She gets to her feet and moves quietly up to the door. She turns a worried look back to the group and opens the door. This close to achieving her life's dream, she's not turning back now.

Qik

First Post
Audra's imprudence is, thankfully for her, not immediately punished: she opens the door onto an apparently-empty single room cabin. Signs of struggle abound: a chair is turned over, the remains of what look to be breakfast are strewn across the table, and a quiver lies upturned on the floor, several arrows spilling out. She sees no signs of life, but fortunately, no blood, either.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos follows quickly after the impulsive monk, bow at the ready, and frowns at the sight.

"Fresh tracks mean a fresh trail for me to follow," Eanos assures Audra. "But we clear the cabin 'fore we leave. Clues are always important."

The inquisitor whispers a brief plea to Issolatha, and the tell-tale whispering wind appears to respond as his eyes briefly cloud then clear. Eanos turns his attention to the cabin, then.

[sblock=ooc]Casting Detect Magic just in case there are auras, but generally trying to search the cabin / keep an eye out for clues and / or ambushers still inside.

Perception (search) (1d20+11=19)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra stalks about the one room of the cabin. She nods to Eanos all the usual good manner and grace gone. Her look is serious and as she walks, her hands clinch into fists and open again. She pauses here and there, looking for any sign that might point to what happened, and any sign of Alecks having been here.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka looks around at the mess in dismay. To be so close to finding Alecks and then to have that cruelly snatched away...

"Oh, Audra..." Concerned, she watches Audra almost as much as she looks for hints as to what happened at the cabin.

Drevezh'korol stand sentinel outside watching while his companions search the cabin for clues to what has happened.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]FYI, Qik? I think we've actually earned enough time XP to level at this point. Not sure if we're at a place to do so, but thought I'd mention just in case. :cool:[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases