[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
"Ah, yes, of course..." titters Phedilo, and with a practiced wave of his hand, he begins to magically dry off Eanos. In his eagerness to get going, however, Phedilo fails to dry out one of Eanos' boots. Still, he mostly completes the job, and from Eanos' perspective, it's probably best to quit while he's ahead. And fully intact.

A few hours later, none the worse for wear after her ordeal at the docks, the dried and newly-clothed Audra finds herself standing in front of the unassuming visage of Phedilo Crea's "Antiques & Artifacts." Making her way inside, the door's bell announcing her presence, her eyes widen in wonder at the interior: a chaotic profusion of all manner of objects, some apparently mundane, others clearly magical even to her untrained eye. Spheres orbit, creatures scurry, items glow. It is quite a sight.

"Ahh, Ms. Frost! I am glad you made it. I trust you had no trouble finding the place, hmm?"

Phedilo ferries Audra into the back of the shop and up a ladder, which leads to a disproportionately large study slash store room, obviously enlarged by magic. At a small table, she sees the other three seated, enjoying an assortment of snacks and goblets of wine. Phedilo points Audra to an open seat before making a stop to gather a few clinking sacks from a desk draw en route to his own. He hands the sacks to the others.

"First thing's first: here is your payment for this afternoon, which the Misses Frost and Danyllova clearly deserve as well. Once again, I am very grateful for you fortuitous presence and subsequent intervention."

"Now then: as to the matter of your prospective employment...."
Phedilo goes on to explain to Audra and Elenka what Eanos and Fulgrim have already heard: he had hired someone to obtain a magical stone which is a gateway to an unidentified plane; the stone had been traced to a location in the northern Sethir Mountains. It had been quite a while since Phedilo had heard from this individual, however, and given his recently-earned knowledge that the Ears of the Whisperer, a group of radical followers of the goddess Issolatha, were in pursuit of these stones, he was concerned about both its safety and of the individual who he had sent in search of it.

"...And so, I was hoping that the four of you would be willing to look for both the stone and my missing employee. I will pay you, of course, for your trouble."

"Have you any questions?"

[sblock=OOC]Phedilo passed out 250 gp to each of you.

GE and Artur: more detailed information on the stone & circumstances can be found in the statblocks specific to Eanos & Fulgrim. This post and this post should have the most info. Forgive me not rehashing that info in full in this post; let me know if something is unclear, or if you have any other questions.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC - Meta]

Weird thing with links at EN World... Permalink (despite what its name implies) breaks for people that use a different number of posts per page than the default. The Permalink references what page the post is on it its link.

The link to the post number does not make that page reference and works for people regardless of posts per page.

So here are the posts Qik wanted to reference I believe for people that might use a different number of posts per page than the default:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5884627-post34.html

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5885598-post37.html

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
"Back ta me homelands then!" Fulgrim adds as he munches on a piece of cheese. "Do ye have the route yer employee took to git to de Sethirs?"

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for that, IW - I was totally unaware of that. Will keep it in mind in the future.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra bows when greeted by Phedilo, although she does give a more than mildly curious glance to some of the items in the shop.

Master Hallaran gave me excellent directions. He also sends his regards.

She nods and follows him along. She surfaces into the oddly large space, dressed differently, hair dry, and relaxed. She sets her backpack down next to the chair indicated and settles in and listens to Phedilo's explanation.

Also, is, or was, there a contact person between the two of you? That would be a good place to start. And it is already comforting knowing that at least one of us will know the area well enough to keep us out of trouble.

She flashes a quick smile to Fulgrim.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Once they're all seated, Eanos removes the soggy boot to let it air out. He takes the gold with a grateful nod, then listens as Phedilo once again lays out the longer mission. When he's finished, the inquisitor nods.

"You waited to send backup so long on account of the distance to the Seithr," Eanos points out. "Has me wondering: do you have any way to shortcut the travel time, or to let us get ahold of you more ... immediately? Hate to get all the way down there and back just to find you got new intel just after we left."

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Apologies]Apologies, but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get a post up tonight or not. Mondays (and Fridays, for that matter) just got hella busy for me. Just wanted to make sure you all knew I hadn't forgotten anyone. ;)

Also, from the look of the AFK thread, both GE and jkason will be offline for a week or two starting later in the week. There's a bit of RPing we can probably do without them, but we're likely to lie dormant at some point while we wait for their return. I wouldn't want to push too far ahead without them. Just wanted to give the head's up about that.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"Back ta me homelands then!" Fulgrim adds as he munches on a piece of cheese. "Do ye have the route yer employee took to git to de Sethirs?"

Phedilo nods, then shakes his head, and finally settles on some combination of the two. "I'm afraid that I do not have the specifics, Master Fulgrim." The halfling frowns. "I must confess to not being a particularly detail-oriented employer. But still, there are only so many efficient ways to travel to the northernmost Sethirs, and we did discuss the matter in brief, so I believe I can suggest a probable route." His frown deepens. "I apologize for not being able to be more specific."

Also, is, or was, there a contact person between the two of you? That would be a good place to start.

Phedilo's frown reaches epic proportions. "I'm afraid we had not established a means of contact, Madam Audra. Given the fact that I did not initially view the situation with any manner of urgency, since I was unaware of the Ears' pursuit of the stones when I initially hired this individual, I saw no reason to try and establish a means of communication over such a distance. Perhaps the lesson here is one of precaution for my future endeavors..."

"You waited to send backup so long on account of the distance to the Seithr," Eanos points out. "Has me wondering: do you have any way to shortcut the travel time, or to let us get ahold of you more ... immediately? Hate to get all the way down there and back just to find you got new intel just after we left."

Phedilo begins to respond to Eanos' question when the bell attached to shop's door jingles the entrance of a new arrival. "Oh! You'll excuse me - I am expecting a client. One second, please." The anxious halfling hurries down the ladder, where he can be heard greeting someone. After a few moments, he returns, followed by an odd-looking gnome: swathed in an excess of clothes, the creature veritably swims into the room, rustling with every movement. The gnome enters in mid-sentence. "...told you help would be needed, didn't I, didn't I? It is good that you listened to my advice. Fortune always smiles on the heeders of its advice." Phedilo moves over to his desk, where he begins to sift through the bag of items he had retrieved from Captain Hwuzel's ship the Rascal.

[sblock=Audra]With a bolt of recognition, Audra realizes that this gnome was the very same who had divined the existence of her brother a few months ago in an impromptu reading at the Dunn Wright Inn.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases