[LPF] Ties that Bind

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka turns when she hears the whisper on the wind but it has faded before she can comment. Before she can step forward Eanos has stepped past her and clasped hands with the dwarf. She listens as Eanos masterfully takes control of the conversation and makes his inquiries for the group.

Elenka is interested in Gohred's bookkeeping and leans over to steal a glance if she can.

"Do you note Master Frost's destination?" she asks, echoing Audra's own questions.

[sblock=OOC]
I think things are going well. My preferred posting rate is to get in a post a day, ideally, but my schedule is good-hectic right now and I just can't manage that rate.[/sblock]

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

Posting rate has been good and the game has been interesting. I enjoy reading your posts Qik as your NPCs are interesting. So no worries on pacing.

My posting is a bit "bursty" recently. My wife is in the hospital for the next several weeks. The gaming is my diversion from reality at the moment, but real life pulls me away from the keyboard for longer stretches than normal.

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Gohred frowns as his initial search for clear answers to the group's question can't seem to be found on the page. "Didn't say for certain - I usually just ask opened-ended rentals if they've a general idea of when they'll r'turn. According tah this, he thought he'd be back 'bout a month ago." Gohred's frown deepens, although whether it's out of concern for Alecks' safety, his mount's safety, or something else altogether, you're uncertain. "As to destination - pretty vague, I'm afraid. Just says 'Seithr' here, so that ain't gonna help ya."

The dwarf looks up from the ledger in thought, stroking absently at his beard. "Now let me see here...Now that we're talking bout 'im, I think I remember this fella. Took Marla, one of my sturdiest mounts, since he was worried 'bout some rough goin'. We got to talkin', and if I 'member correctly, 'e wasn't too sure about which route to take. So I says to 'im, I says, 'Best stick to tha roads, m'boy, safest way and quickest way, so that's tha way tah be.' I'd told him bout me brother, Gudite, who runs a small inn in Burrowtown, near Falls Lake. Hell of a purty place, Burrowtown, and Gudite's got tha best eatin' a traveler's likely tah see - lotsa fish in Falls Lake, and Gudite cooks a mean walleye. Anyway, I seem tah remember him takin' to that idea mighty quick." Gohred sits back, raising an eyebrow. "Tain't much tah go on, I'm afraid, but that's the best I can do yer."

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the feedback, All. Like I said, I mostly just wanted to make sure everyone's enjoying themselves. Glad to hear that seems to be the case. I certainly am! I'm looking forward to fleshing out Tal Hallow a bit during our little trek.

No worries about posting rates: everybody's been keeping up, and I understand RL gets in the way. Happens to all of us. With that in mind, copious well-wishes to you and your wife, IronWolf: hope whatever's amiss resolves itself in a positive fashion.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Despite himself, Eanos laughs at the latest development.

"Suppose your sister sells the only good maps to Burrowtown, yes?" he says, but he gives the dwarf a good-natured clap on the shoulder to show he's only kidding.

"Only makes sense dwarfkin would know the best places to put up shop in the Seithr," he admits. He looks to the others. "So, grab ourselves a few of Gohred's best and take a trip down to Burrowtown from the sound of it, yes?" he asks as verification.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Could have sworn I cleared my unread thread queue yesterday, but apparently I missed this. As with the others, I'm more than fine with the pace. A bit part of Eanos' schtick is supposed to be rooting out the truth (from a childhood of lies), so it's nice to get to play at some of that and try it out.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 33/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Although his half-smile indicates an attempt to play along, Gohred doesn't seem to get Eanos' joke. "'Fraid I ain't got me a sister, and asides, it's not a difficult journey tah Burrowtown..." But the dwarf chuckles and seems to let it go.

"I've got horses aplenty if'n yah needs some," he grins.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Then we shall need mounts, something stolid enough for travel in the Seithr Mountains as we trail Master Frost." She smiles at Gohred. "And, perhaps, a description of his mounts? I've found the horse to be more memorable than the man on many occasion."

She laughs lightly as if finding a horse more memorable is wickedly funny.

In Hand:
Spells:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra smirks to herself as she remembers her last escapade horseback. She quickly shakes it off, though.

Not a difficult journey, but how long is it? Could we travel there on the daylight we have left? If we can, then I think we should move on. The sooner we locate my brother, the better I will feel.

jkason

First Post
Eanos' laugh falters a bit as his joke falls flat, but as the dwarf doesn't seem inclined to press further, he decides it's best to follow his lead.

He raises an eyebrow at Elenka's comment about horses and men, though he continues to hold his tongue. As the summoner seems to know equines better--if her comments are any indication--the inquisitor lets her do the choosing.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry if I held things up. Got myself all distracted with the shiny (Advanced Race Guide) as well as RL. Eanos is good to press on whenever everyone else is[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 33/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"Then we shall need mounts, something stolid enough for travel in the Seithr Mountains as we trail Master Frost." She smiles at Gohred. "And, perhaps, a description of his mounts? I've found the horse to be more memorable than the man on many occasion."

"Not a problem, missee. We can outfit ye all right up. As fer tha mounts 'e's rented, Marla is a highlander, mottled white and grey, sturdy gal, stubborn, but knows tah listen when it's in 'er best int'rest. Lark is tha pony who's haulin' his gear. She's yer basic brown." He shrugs, as if to emphasize her blandness.

Audra smirks to herself as she remembers her last escapade horseback. She quickly shakes it off, though.

Not a difficult journey, but how long is it? Could we travel there on the daylight we have left? If we can, then I think we should move on. The sooner we locate my brother, the better I will feel.

Gohred shakes his head negative. "Sorry, missee, but it's not that kind of a journey. It'll take ya a day er two tah travel west along the hills and descend into tha Midlands. From there, it's south a ways, either around or through tha Coppertree Wood, then ye pick up tha southward road at Coppertree. It's a straight shot tah Burrowtown from there. All told, itsa week or two's travel, depending on things like tha terrain and tha weather."

Gohred sits back, switching to a well-practiced businessman's demeanor. "Now then, as far as mounts...I like ye folks, so I'll level with ye. Usually, fer long term expeditions - like this 'un seems tah be - I try tah git as large a deposit as I can. Fer a well-trained mount, something that'll hold it's own in tha wild and listen well, that can run a hun'red gold or more, easy. But like I said, I like ye all, and it's clear ya ain't no strangers tah travelin'. What say we do a deposit of 200 gold fer four stout horses, with half a' that due back ter yer on their safe return. Does that sound reasonable?"

[sblock=OOC]Two quick points. One, I'm very loosely guestimating the travel time to Burrowtown, based on the immediately available information on the wiki. Hope no one minds me keeping the details a bit ambiguous.

Two, I'm also guestimating the cost of a mount. Given that a combat-trained heavy horse is 300 gp, a 50 gp deposit per a horse actually seems quite low. So I'm trying to factor in Eanos' stellar Diplomacy roll into that. 25 gp for an unlimited rental of a horse (which is going to be at least a monthish if you're traveling to the Seithrs) also seems reasonable, but again, I'm kind of winging it.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka nods filing away the description of Alecks horses so that she can use them as an aid as they follow his trail. Mentally she tallies the number of coins she is carrying and finds the total wanting to cover the price Gohred is asking. However, she doesn't think she'll have to carry the cost all on her own and she looks to her traveling companions to confirm.

"I think that sounds fair... Are the rest of you agreed?"

In Hand:
Spells:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases