[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
Galin shifts, clearly uncomfortable, at Elenka's words. He spends a long moment considering them, and then looks the group over before speaking.

"Listen, you all seem like nice folks. It's just..." The dwarf stammers, looking for the right words. "I just ain't the type to go yammerin' off my mouth to people I just met, ya see? Ya never know who ye can be talkin' to..." Galin trails off, clearly trying not to say too much.

[sblock=Drev]Drev can tell that Galin is telling the truth: his concern is giving information to people he doesn't know very well.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Elenka's Diplomacy roll shifted Galin to Indifferent. Another successful roll will enable you to obtain some more information.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos nods slightly to Elenka's glance, his own raised eyebrow telling her he, too, senses both the withholding and the motivation behind it. He mutters under his breath, his hand drifting to the silver key on his neck. As he watches the dwarf's bearing shift slightly, the servant of secrets finally joins the discussion.

"Trust me, Stonehelm, I'm the last person going to say caution with your secrets is a bad thing," Eanos offers, putting a companionable hand on the dwarf's shoulder. "Loose lips and all that, yes? But in this case, holding back is what might do the most harm. L'il one's been looking for her kin most of her life. I gotta figure someone from a clan's large and connected as yours understands how important family is, even if you razz each other now and again."

[sblock=ooc]I assumed it didn't hurt anything to take 10 on the Bluff (Secret Message) roll for Eanos (21) to give Elenka his 'telling glance,' since it was largely fluff, anyway, and neither of their actions were really influenced by what they other knows.

Casting Guidance and using up a Silver-Tongued Haggler:

Guidance Silver-Tongued Diplomacy. (1d20+11=23)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra's heart skips a beat and panic tries to boil up within her. To have come so close, so far and to have lost...she considers the card in her pack, but thankfully her train of thought is de-railed by the careful and diplomatic approach of the others. Thankful for this little distraction she takes a deep breath, which doesn't prevent her eyes from flicking, for a moment, to Eanos when he refers to her as "L'il One". This little tidbit of a comment helps her refocus herself to the task at hand. That and the efforts her comrades are putting forth in her support. She waits to see if the Dwarf continues to give signs that he might not be telling the entire truth.

"Master Stonehelm. I am indeed sure of my information. My companions and I are looking for him, but we are not the only ones who are concerned about him. There is a certain person to whom my brother is under obligation back in Venza who also is concerned about his well being. Please, if there is anything that you can share that would help. Anything that can even keep hope alive that Alecks is still..."

She pauses, though it is quick, to force out the phrase.

"Still alive. My name is Audra Frost, his sister. My companions, Elenka, Fulgrim, Eanos and Drevezh'Korol."

She looks to each in turn.

[sblock=ooc]Doing both a perception and Diplomacy check in support of Elenka, Eanos and Fulgrim. Popping a Ki Point for her to assist in the Diplomacy check. Oh, bleah on the Dip check. Hope it works.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Galin looks from Audra to Eanos and back again, lips pursed. After studying Audra for a long moment, he says, "Well, if you are deceiving me, ye've done yer homework, I'll give ya that: this one is as spitting an image of Alecks as yer likely to see," he says, nodding Audra's way. The dwarf sighs. "Come on. I'm heading back to the inn; we can walk and talk at the same time." Galin gives the small shrine one last, long look before turning away and taking the lead. The group follows him through the still largely-quiet streets of Feywood, although the city begins to show signs of stirring as they walk on.

"Yes, I know Alecks - he passes through the Feywood on his expeditions into the Seithr." He pauses for a moment, wondering where to go from here, then shoots Audra another look. "I 'ave tah say, missy, 'e's never mentioned you. Which is why I was so suspicious when ye said ye's his sister. But like I said, the resemblance is uncanny..." He shakes his head. "So anyways, I know 'im, and as far's I know, 'e's alive as can be." He pauses for a moment longer, as if dwelling on this thought, before looking to the group. "What else ye want tah know? And 'ows come ye're searchin' for 'im in the first place? Never considered Alecks the easily-gettin'-lost type." He chuckles at this.

[sblock=Eanos & Elenka]You can tell that while Galin feels more comfortable with the group, he's still trying to feel them out and see if he can totally trust them. It's not that he'll necessarily withhold information, only that he's still being cautious, to the point where it may impact how he answers certain questions. [sblock=Eanos]Addtionally, Eanos gets the sense that Galin is trying to downplay how well he knows Alecks. As he talks, the inquisitor gets the sense that he knows Alecks *quite* well.

OOC: Sense Motive roll came out a 33, so I felt that deserved a little extra. :D
[/sblock][/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Eanos' eyebrow raises imperceptibly as he assesses the dwarf, though what that might mean this time is fairly inscrutable.

"Probably thought what Audra thought 'til recent: that his whole family'd moved onto the other side," Eanos offers by way of explanation for Alecks' omissions. "As to why we're looking for him. Well, beyond the family tie, the other Frost hired himself on with a researcher. Turns out the thing he's hunting for him might have ... rougher folk after it, as well. We're the backup."

Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol is still thinking about the tower and by the shrine and has increasingly focused on the shrine after he saw the dwarf's reluctant glance back towards it as they were leaving.

"I'm sorry, Audra, but I have to ask. I have never seen the likes of that shrine, Master Stonehelm. What is it's significance?"

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra finds herself provide at least part of the answer, maybe in fact that her name was mentioned? Maybe because she is distracted enough to not have picked up the question was directed to the Dwarf who had been at the shrine?

"It's a shrine for offerings for the Other World, the world of the Fey. Or so I have heard tell. To give tribute to or to ask for help in some form from that other side. I, myself, have never actually seen one until now, but the descriptions of them in the scrolls in the Diamond Heart library would appear to be almost to the minute detail correct."

It is then, belatedly that it sinks in that she has been rude.

"My apologies, Master Stonehelm. I'm afraid the thought of finding my brother, alive, after all this time has me somewhat muddled. Once we get to the Inn, I will share with you how Alecks and I became separated, if you like."

She turns an apologetic look to the Oaken one, blushing red at her faux pax.

jkason

First Post

As Audra takes over for a moment, Eanos falls back a few steps, holding his expression impassive as something that's been niggling at the back of his mind comes forward. He was probably just being suspicious. But then, when you worshiped the Lady of Secrets, it was almost rude not to be.

"Lady, show me the secrets the mundane never know," he whispers, rubbing his thumbs surreptitiously over his eyes. Noting the faint glow his bow now seems to give off, the inquisitor turns his gaze to the dwarf, though he realizes he may need Elenka's help if he's correct.

[sblock=ooc]I'm having secondary re-interpretations on the import of Eanos' little extra insight from before, so he's casting Detect Magic and looking for auras on the dwarf. Since he's not yet taken ranks in Know: Arcana, mind you, if he finds any he'll need to get Elenka to take a look, too. Guess I know where at least one point goes next level, lol. [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hey folks. I'm sorry to say that I've had some bad news come up on my front, and that the next week or few are going to be very busy for me. My apologies to have to slow the game down once again - this was totally unanticipated, but unfortunately, cannot be helped. I'll do my best to get back on track ASAP, but in the meantime, please bear with me.

Again, my apologies! I hate to keep hitting the brakes on such a good group and such an enjoyable story. :erm:[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Qik]Sorry to hear that you've had bad news! Hope you are able to get things taken care of to your satisfaction.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases