[LPF] Ties that Bind - Page 10




What's on your mind?

  1. #91
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    OOC
    Going to give @IronWolf to tomorrow, then will probably push us ahead.

 

  • #92
    blank COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    IronWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,849

    Ignore IronWolf
    My communities:

    Fulgrim smiles as the dragons come closer towards the ship's deck. He whirls the sling again in the air before hurling another sling stone towards the closest dragon. He wastes little time as he watches the sling stone fly wide missing its target.

    He then moves forward, looking to move up the gangplank towards the deck of the ship.

    OOC


    Sorry - been under the weather with the flu.

    Sling Attack -- 1d20+5=10

    Fulgrim will make his way to the deck of the ship.



    Mini Stats

    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
    AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
    HP: 54 Current: 54
    CMB: +8 CMD: 19 Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 2/--

    MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+6/20/x3)
    Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

    Current Weapon in Hand: Sling

    Fulgrim, Raging

    AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
    HP: 62 Current: 62
    CMB: +10 CMD: 19 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 2/--
    Rage: 17/17


    MW Greataxe +11 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
    Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack




  • #93
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Looping neatly to dodge Fulgrim's slingstone, the injured dragon retreats slightly, putting some space between itself and Audra, and lets loose a blast of frigid air and razor sharp icicles. Both Audra and Fulgrim are caught in the cone, but both manage to shield themselves from the worst of the blast. Audra's preoccupation with the cold, however, leaves her open to the remaining dragon, who lands a bite on her arm before moving in, swinging its claws fiercely; the monk's preternatural reflexes save her from these, too,though.

    OOC
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather, IW; rest up! We'll be here when you're back to form.

    Dragon 1 uses its breath weapon, both Fulgrim and Audra make their save, taking 1 damage. Dragon 2 lands a bite on Audra for an additional 3 damage. Dragon 2 is currently in Audra's space.

    PCs up.
    Map

  • #94
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,829

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    Eanos finds himself shaken by the display of elemental power in the dragon's breath, and his next shot isn't even close. It thunks into the hull, as well.

    "Lady, whatever secret you're trying to teach me, maybe you could whisper it before I wind up an block of ice?" he mutters, frustrated at his poor shots.



    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Justice Judgement (+1 sacred to attacks), partial cover (?)

    In Hand: +1 Composite Longbow

    Arrows: 12/17 (+2 recoverable)
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

    Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe

  • #95
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Again the elementals blast forward to attack the dragon on the far side of the boat. Again the swirling air has no effect on the dragons.

    Elenka is dismayed by the lack of effectiveness of the elementals and rushes aboard the ship to take action herself. She draws the wicked terbutje she wields as she goes and upon reaching the dragon hacks at it. The agile creature throws off her aim (never good to begin with) and the terbutje passes by harmlessly.

    "Lesovik take you both!" she curses and those nearby aren't entirely sure if she is referring to the dragons or the elementals.



    OOC/Actions

    Elenka:
    Move: to D13
    Free: draw weapon
    Standard: attack dragon 1: 1d20+5=8, 1d8+1=2

    Air Elementals:
    Move: into position to attack the dragons then back to F12 & F13 (Flyby Attack)
    -This movement will provoke AoO from at least one of the dragons
    Standard: Slam attacks vs. dragon 1: 1d20+6=9, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+6=15, 1d4+1=4
    One possible hit vs. AC 15 for 4 damage.

    Small Air Elementals: AC 17, hp 13

    Drevezh'korol: dismissed
    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions: dismissed

  • #96
    blank COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    IronWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,849

    Ignore IronWolf
    My communities:

    Fulgrim drops his sling as he slips into a rage and charges towards the white dragon ahead of him. Rushing across the deck, his attention focused on the dragon he makes a powerful overhand chop at the dragon with his axe.



    Mini Stats

    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
    AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Raging AC (and charging): 14
    HP: 54 Current: 53 (RAGING HP 62 Current: 61
    CMB: +8 CMD: 19 Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 2/--

    MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+6/20/x3)
    Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

    Current Weapon in Hand: Sling

    Fulgrim, Raging

    AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
    HP: 62 Current: 61
    CMB: +10 CMD: 19 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 2/--
    Rage: 17/17


    MW Greataxe +11 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
    Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack




  • #97
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Artur Hawkwing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest of DC
    Posts
    990

    Ignore Artur Hawkwing
    My communities:

    ooc
    Audra took 0 damage from the breath weapon, via Evasion if she made her save.


    The dragon gets a good nip at Audra's right forearm as she shields from the others cold breath attack.

    Ow! Okay you little...

    As the dragon releases it's jaws from her forearm, Audra brings her left knee up, catching the thing square in the lower jaw. She drives the left forearm down into the top of the dragon's head, sandwiching it between her knee and elbow. This stuns the little dragon for a split second, but not long enough as Audra's attempt to slide back half a stride and throw a roundhouse kick into the side of it's head catches air as the dragon recovers and twists aside.

    Actions
    Popping a Ki point to add a 3rd attack at highest mod under Flurry of Blows. Three attacks at +7, lethal damage.
    Ki Power will now be 6 of 7


    Ministats

    Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

    AC: 20 Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
    HP: 30 Current: 27
    CMB: +4 CMD: 22 Fort: +5 Ref: +9 Will: +7

    In Hand:

    Weapon: Unarmed Strikes
    Attack: +8
    Damage: 1d8+1
    Crit: 20x2
    Special: Flurry of Blows (+7/+7)
    Type: Bludgeon

    Ki Pool:
    Points: 7
    Remaining: 6

    1. (Ki Strike - Additional attack at highest mod during FoB on dragon)
    Last edited by Artur Hawkwing; Sunday, 6th May, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #98
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    The previously-injured dragon manages to nip one of the air elementals and avoid Elenka's terbutje, but its efforts are completely negated by Fulgrim's overhand chop: distracted, the dragon is caught completely unawares, and the dwarf nearly slices the creature completely in two.

    As it falls to the ground dead, Audra lands three solid blows on its companion. The combined effect of its companion's brutal demise and Audra's offensive seem to have gotten through to the savage creature: it beats its wings desperately, pulling away from the redheaded monk. Audra sees an opening for a final blow, but whether or not she takes it, the dragon continues to pull away, flying off into the distance...

    OOC
    Fulgrim's blow completely took out dragon 1. I debated having dragon 2 withdraw, since White Dragons are such fierce creatures, but I figured they weren't suicidal, and that's pretty much where this was headed. I rolled Audra's potential AoO as the dragon withdrew, which was a hit for 5 damage, but whether or not she takes it, the dragon still has enough HP to escape.

    The dragon is now 200 ft up and to the east of Audra. Eanos could technically still take a last shot if he wants, but after that, the dragon is pretty much gone. Your call.

    Rewards: 1200 XP (300 each).

  • #99
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    The air elementals whirl in what seems to be cold glee and take off after the dragon. This scaly beast is an interloper in their territory and they intend to make it regret venturing into the skies.

    Elenka sighs, nudges the dead dragon with her toe and then scowls over at the dwarf. "What part of capture eluded your comprehension, Master Ironforge?" She shakes her head as if to say that no answer would satisfy her then peers up into the sky at the dogfight taking place between the elementals and the dragon.



    OOC/Actions

    You'd have to double-check but I think the air elementals have equal movement and better maneuverability. Whether or not they could catch the dragon now, and what happens if they can, is up to you. I think they would try to catch it and use their whirlwind power to force it down.

    Small Air Elementals: AC 17, hp 13

    Drevezh'korol: dismissed
    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions: dismissed

  • #100
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Artur Hawkwing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest of DC
    Posts
    990

    Ignore Artur Hawkwing
    My communities:

    Audra is a bit surprised when her kick actually seems to startle the dragon. As it turns tail to retreat, she tries to hit it again, hoping perhaps to knock it to the deck, or low enough to be able to attempt to restrain it. However her backhand shot doesn't strike hard enough in the right spot, and the dragon withdraws. She stands there, looking up at it. Despite it's injury and panicked flight, it still has a grace to it as it ascends. For a moment she considers yelling after the departing dragon, but the feel of a few droplets of blood welling up on her left forearm get her attention. She sighs as the dragon retreats and crosses to where the gear she had been carrying lies. Retrieving her sling and pouch of sling balls on the way, she puts them into her backpack with a snort and pulls out some of her old clothing, tearing a strip to wrap around the small bitten spot on her arm.
    Last edited by Artur Hawkwing; Monday, 7th May, 2012 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Took out italics. Writing on my fantasy story and I use italics for non spoken stuff. :D
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 59
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
    2. Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: Monday, 5th December, 2005, 09:22 PM
    3. Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th November, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 356
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th November, 2005, 07:20 PM
    5. Ties that Bind - Silverymoon (Rogues Gallery)
      By gabrion in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st November, 2005, 04:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •