[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You're right regarding movement speed and maneuverability.

I'm happy to have the elementals chase, but frankly, I'm not too sure how to play it: the dragon will keep withdrawing, the elementals will keep getting AoOs, and eventually they're going to hit it and down it. A chase scene seems appropriate, but a quick glance at the rules seems cumbersome. I'll stew it over a bit, and am happy to have some input, and will have another think when I get home from work tomorrow afternoon.

I certainly don't want to just pull DM fiat and say that the dragon got away, though, so we'll sort something out.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Perhaps just two or three grapple checks. The elementals must win to overtake the dragon and windsock him or her down. Otherwise, the dragon eventually escapes when they desummon? And how far from Elenka can they go and still follow her direction?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I'm entirely ok with you saying the dragon got away. Sometimes there's no benefit to playing out a combat scene to the bitter end, especially if that combat is incidental to the adventure. Even more so if that scene is between NPCs and it would leave PCs with nothing to do until it is over.

And IronWolf, I apologize for my PC getting snippy with yours.

EDIT: They do have their whirlwind power but the DC to escape that in low. AH, as far as I know there is no distance limitation once the creature is summoned. But, they don't actually follow her direction since she can't communicate with them; they just automatically are compelled to attack her enemies.[/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim near immediately slips from his rage as the dragon before him falls nearly cut in two and he notices the second seeming intent on escape.

He barely has time to recover before Elenka begins scolding him. Fulgrim turns a slight tinge of red and hangs his head slightly replying in a sheepish manner "I thought dey would 'ave tougher skin din dat. Didn't mean ta kill it outright." Fulgrim replies. Sorry mi'lady, I'll try not ta kill 'em so quick next time."

[sblock=GlassEye]

No worries. Fulgrim deserved it! I actually considered trying to do subdual, but wasn't sure if Fulgrim would try such a thing while raging even if he went into the rage thinking that the best thing to do.

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

As the second dragon begins to run for it, Eanos takes one last shot, landing an arrow solidly in the creature's side as he calls out, "Wait, it's dead-dead? Guess I forgot what a monster you are with that axe, Fulgrim."

[sblock=actions]I'm not sure it's enough to bring it down, but Eanos does get a solid final hit. Not sure how that might effect your 'can the elementals bring it down' deliberations:

Justice Deadly Aim (2nd range increment); damage (1d20+6=23, 1d8+4=11)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Justice Judgement (+1 sacred to attacks), partial cover (?)

In Hand: +1 Composite Longbow

Arrows: 11/17 (+2 recoverable)
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner

Realizing that she is acting quite like a shrew, Elenka relents.

"My apologies, Fulgrim. You did the right thing in stopping them by whatever means you had at hand. We've been dealing with their bad tempers and frosty breath for weeks. I don't know how I came to be convinced that importing dragons was a good idea."

Seeing Eanos' parting shot at the dragons Elenka is impressed.

"Good shot, M...! I'm sorry, in the excitement I have completely forgotten your name, sir."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: dismissed[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]That actually solves the problem quite nicely, jk... ;)[/sblock]
A small gnome emerges onto the deck just in time to see the arrow leave Eanos' bow. Along with everyone else in the area, he follows the missile as it arcs high over the water, passes between the pair of elementals in pursuit, and catches the dragon squarely in the back. The creature falls, undignified, into the water below, making only a small splash as it enters. While everyone else seems generally pleased by Eanos' accuracy, however, the gnome groans in dismay. "Great! Just great! Now Captain Hwuzel must explain why he only brings half of his cargo to delivery." Having spoken too soon, the gnome turns around to catch sight of Fulgrim, axe bloodied, standing next to the nearly-cleaved dragon lying dead on the deck. The gnome's face turns bright red, and despite the notable size difference, begins advancing on Fulgrim, seemingly intending to give him a piece of his mind.

Just what the size of that piece would be, however, will forever remain unanswered, as the studious-looking halfling who had been accompanying Eanos and Fulgrim makes his way up onto the ship. "Nice shooting, Master Ea- err, Captain Hwuzel!" he interjects, "please, please, calm down!" Phedilo herds the gnome off to the side, where the two begin an animated discussion.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra looks up at the gasping of the crew nearby, she looks up and watches the sight of the dragon falling. She bows her head a moment before looking back at the crew behind her.

Hope he doesn't make you all go into the water after that.

Her arm wrapped she shrugs the backpack onto her back and steps out onto the deck where she spots Elenka and two men she doesn't recognize, one with a blood coated axe standing near the carved in half other dragon. This gets an eyebrow quirk. Then she spies the Captain and the other fellow in their animated discussion. She steps up to the other three, eyes on the Captain.

Wonder how difficult it would be to stuff one of those dragons.

She shrugs the backpack a little and eyes the two men, looking to Elenka.

Friends of yours?

jkason

First Post
Eanos gapes as his arrow, like Fulgrim's axe, seems to have much more severe consequences than intended. He glances to his new bow and raises an eyebrow.

"Think that bloke at the Pearl undersold this beauty," he mutters.

[sblock=ooc]
That actually solves the problem quite nicely, jk... ;)

D'oh! Is the dragon Dead or dying / drowning? Wondering if Eanos (possibly with Expeditious Retreat / Haste boosting) could make it to the thing to stabilize it before it died if not.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The dragon is dying/drowning about 160 ft from the ship. You're welcome to take a stab at rescuing him, but I'm not sure how you all would do that. I'd have to muse on how deep the water is, but I'd say, very roughly, about 20 ft. I'd also feel like an unconscious creature would drown much faster than a conscious one, but I don't know if the rules back me up on that.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about the over-the-water bit.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases