[LPF] Ties that Bind

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Despite the bad feeling in the back of her mind, Audra presses onward, finally stopping to realize how hard she is breathing from the exertion as the crew lifts the dragons motionless body to the deck. She takes hands offered gladly and fairly collapses to the deck trying to calm her breathing while watching the inspection and sad departure of the Captain. She coughs as she sits up and wipes her mouth with her right wrist. Despite looking like a beached Mermaid, she levers herself back to her feet and squats down, using both hands to gather and then flip her sopping wet mop of flame red hair back over her shoulders with a "fwlap". She is looking over to Elenka, Eanos and the other fellow when the halfling approaches. She nods to him, smiling sadly.

I hope he finds out who it is responsible, financial justice or not.

Audra starts to extend a hand, and eyes the water that pours from her right sleeve down her arm, she sputters and laughs softly.

Audra Frost. Order of the Diamond Heart.

She extends the hand anyway, a grin of humor on her face. As she extends the arm, a wristband, a band of white with the symbol of the Venzan district commonly referred to as The Planks seems to stick out.

[sblock=ooc fluff]If you haven't perused the Diamond Heart write up on the Wiki, please do. Rather or not either of you know of it, I would guess, is up to you. Just wanted to note she had that wristband, since it is how the Order identifies what section of the city that particular member calls home.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka watches first in suspense as Audra swims after the downed dragon then in growing dismay as they see that Audra arrived too late to save the dragon. With a flick of the hand she dismisses the air elementals. Inwardly she vows to learn something of their language; they could have saved the creature, she thinks, if only she had been able to give them commands.

Elenka slides the incongruous, jagged-bladed terbutje back into its sheath and lightly takes Phedilo's hand in greeting.

"A shame that we should meet in such unfortunate circumstances. My name is Elenka Danyllova."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: dismissed[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Phedilo takes Audra's hand without hesitation. "It is a pleasure, Miss Frost. It is always good to meet a member of your order: the Diamond Heart does great things for the community of Venza."

He then turns to Elenka, taking her hand as well. "At the risk of being contrarian, Miss Danyllova, I dare say that it was anything but a shame: the circumstances could very well have been significantly more unfortunate had yourself and Miss Frost not been here to assist Masters Eanos and Fulgrim. Whom you appear to be acquainted with, am I right...?"

Phedilo pauses for a moment, thinking, and then says, "Miss Danyllova, if you don't mind me asking, from where do you hail?"

[sblock=OOC]Thanks, Artur. I have read the entry on Audra's Order; I had assumed Phedilo wouldn't know of them, but he rocked his Know (Local) roll, so apparently he's paying attention.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"You've nothing to fear on that account, Master Crea. I find contrarians to be singularly entertaining," she says with a smile. [color=#cc022]"You are partially correct: I do not think I have had the pleasure of meeting Master Eanos before but Fulgrim and I have worked together, in rather trying and unpleasant circumstances, in the past.

"I currently count Baron's Cross my home. I purchased a manor there before my travels to Martna but that was some months ago and the place was barely standing then.

"But my heart's-home is the Krai of Predgor'jah in the southern Landadel on the wild foothills and northern slopes of the Seithr Mountain."[/color]

By the end her words have taken on a decidedly wistful tone.

In Hand:
Spells:

Qik

First Post
Phedilo nods knowingly. "I thought you carried the accent of the Krai. You are a long way from home, Miss Elenka. And it is an...interesting coincidence, given my own endeavors." Phedilo pauses for a moment, thinking, and then looks at both women. "Once I have received the cargo Captain Hwuzel was carrying for me, I will be heading back to my shop to compensate Masters Eanos and Fulgrim for their aid, as well as discussing another matter I had hoped to get their assistance in. Should you two be willing to accompany us, I would gladly extend the offer to you as well. You've certainly proved you are capable. Not to mention devoted," he adds, nodding at Audra's sodden form. "Besides, I cannot imagine a better endorsement than the friendship of Master Fulgrim here, whom I know to be reliable, and that of Master Hallaran."

jkason

First Post
After being dragged back onto the docks and coughing out enough water that he wondered if he might not have accidentally called on Issolatha to produce it, Eanos collapsed to the wet boards beneath him, sucking in air. It took him a moment to realize the crowd gathering wasn't there to make sure he was all right, but was watching something further off. He forced himself up onto his elbows to look, seeing the small woman from the boat zipping through the water nearly like she'd been born to it.

By the time she'd dragged back the baby dragon single-handedly, Eanos had recovered some, though he couldn't quite bring himself to draw everyone's attention by rising until after the gnome captain had gone below. As the crowd dispersed and Audra offered her hand, Eanos took it, both in greeting and as aid in standing.

"Very well met, Audra, Elenka," he says to the ladies, then he raises a concerned eyebrow to the monk's wet and clinging garment. He looks about for any kind of blanket or tarp to offer, his own cloak being no more dry than the monk's clothing.

"'Til we can get dry, you might want to cover up," he says. "Otherwise, think you're giving a bit of a show to those inclined that way?"

Eanos considers his own sopping form.

"Guess this is why I paid for the good chain," he mutters, looking over his armor. "Think this'll make it through without rusting."

When Phedilo makes his offer to the two red-haired women, Eanos bows his head.

"If nothing else, looks like we could use some folks to keep our bloodier tendencies in check," he says with a wry grin.

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None (longbow dropped, arrows not yet recovered)

In Hand: None

Arrows: 11/17 (+2 recoverable)
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra is relieved to see Eanos is, despite being soggy as she is, quite well otherwise. At his comment the looks down at her sopping wet clothes.

At least the sun should dry them, but a change might be igood. Growing up the child of an oyster fisher, one gets used to be soaked.

Audra doesn't look too surprised that one who reports himself as having been warned of potential trouble would at least have a passing knowledge of the Order, but when her own mentor and Sensei's name is mentioned, she blinks in surprise.

Not meaning to sound rude, but how would you know Master Hallaran? Or more so, know that I serve under him?

When the offer is extended, she considers it.

I would be honored to accompany you, assuming Master Hallaran has no immediate need for me. I must report to him about the trip I return from first. And seek dryer clothes.

She smiles a bit wryly at the last.

[sblock=OOC]ICly that'd be what she has to do, if you want to RP that or not is fine with me. She would probably ask Elenka if she wanted to come along, to give her side of what happened.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner

"Coincidence?"

Elenka looks thoughtfully at Phedilo and it is clear that his words have piqued her interest. It doesn't take her long to decide, however, as she craves a life of excitement and with unknown possiblities within Master Crea's hands there really is no decision to be made at all.

"I would be pleased to accompany you, Master Crea, and listen to your proposal. Particularly if you will be explaining this coincidence. And it is a pleasure to finally be introduced, Eanos. Feel free to call me Elenka."

She frowns at Audra's wet form and snaps her fingers at a nearby sailor. "A drying cloth, now, if you please." Elenka shakes her head at Audra's plight. "I'd offer you some of my own spare clothing but there is no way you could possibly squeeze into any of it." She tut-tuts over the other woman. "I dare say you are right: the breeze will dry these things quickly."

In Hand:
Spells:

Qik

First Post
At Audra's question, Phedilo gestures to her wristband. "You told me you are of the order, and you bear the mark of Ranocchio. I have had the good fortune to have met Master Hallaran on occasion. He is a wise man. And I am happy for you to report to your master first; there is no rush. Now, if you will excuse me, I will go see if I can rustle up my cargo."

With that, the halfling heads below in search of Captain Hwuzel.

[sblock=OOC]If you're okay with it, Artur, I'd prefer to have Audra's meeting with Master Hallaran off-stage, as it were: I just think it'd work best given the upcoming narrative.

One question I have is: do you think it'd be reasonable to have her meeting be short enough to have her meet up with Phedilo and the others this afternoon/evening? There's a pretty vital plot-hook coming up that I would have to finagle, potentially awkwardly, if her stop over at the monastery is extensive.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It's simply a report of what happened, any questions he might have, and her asking for some new duds (I will take a little liberty in describing it, if that's okay, just for fun:) ). Including a clothing change, it wouldn't last more than maybe 2 hours, if they also threw in a bite to eat for her. So it's perfectly within reason if she knows where to meet the others she could meet them there, dried off and freshly clothed.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases