[LPF] Ties that Bind

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra secures a glass of wine, avoiding the snacks, which is a bit off for her to avoid food, when the appearance of an old acquaintance causes her to smile and lower the glass from her lips.

Well. Venza is a very small place, isn't it? Still reading cards for total strangers?

She smiles in a friendly manner at the heavily clothed Gnome.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka listens quietly as Phedilo explains his task. She has no questions to add to those that the others have already asked. She looks on with interest as the newly come gnome enters and she waits to see what the fellow will add to the proceedings.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: dismissed[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The gnome seems even less surprised to see Audra than she does to see him. He waves his hand dismissively at her impish question. "When one sees with the eyes of Fate, then no one is a stranger. And I don't read the cards, I simply give them room to speak, so that they may tell their story. And they tell of many things, they do. For instance," he says, taking a small packet from Phedilo as he speaks, "they me tell of your reunion with your brother whom we saw."

For his part, Phedilo seems a bit confused. "Madam Frost, you have met the Gnome?"

The gnome seems impatient. "Yesyesyesyesyes, she has, we have together peeked through the veil. Since then I have occasioned to gaze further down her corridors. It is often an interesting sight. When her path crossed with yours, Phedilo, I decided to involve mine as well. If only to spur things along."

Phedilo blinks. "Is there something we should know?"

The gnome smiles his knowing smile. "Tell her the name of your wayward employee, Phedilo Crea. Tell her."

"Alecks. Alecks...Frost..." Phedilo only seems to recognize the correspondence as he speaks the last name out loud.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra nods to the multi-clothed gnome, and even nods to Phedilo, though she is quickly verbally trampled if she were to offer any verbal response. She has a half amused, have curious look on her face, lifting the wine glass to her lips as the gnome speaks, until Phedilo speaks the name. She sits there, eyes wide and stunned for almost a full second as it sinks in on Phedilo that there is, indeed, a connection. For the second time in her Adult life, Audra loses her composure. Her grip on the wine glass slips, sending glass and contents crashing to the floor. After a moment longer, she shakes herself from her stunned stupor and turns an intense, emotion filled gaze on Phedilo.

Alecks....did you say that name?

If her eyes were arms, she'd have Phedilo three feet clear of the ground and pinned to the nearest wall. She does not, however, make any move to leave her seat, her usual somewhat flippant or laid back air having rushed from the room as if breathed in by a rather large kraken.

Where and when did you find him? Don't stand there like a blithering idiot, answer me!

Her palms hit the table with a slap and she rises to her feet, the chair scooting back nearly a full half foot as she levers her athletically toned body upright. She does not yell, per se, but there is definite force to her words.

[sblock=ooc]Under the circumstances, making this very intense, and as it comes from right field, and from an unexpected source, it's catching her off guard.:)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Phedilo is momentarily frozen by Audra's outburst; at first, he can merely nod his head dumbly in confirmation. When he does speak, he's clearly working to push past his serious shock. The gnome, for his part, seems patently unsurprised by Audra's reaction, although he's not reveling in it, either.

"Uhm...I cannot say where I met Master Alecks, exactly. Somewhere along the Orino River, perhaps? We met in a bar while I was traveling back from a research trip in the Sethirs and got to talking. We had an enjoyable conversation, so I told him to get in touch with me the next time he was in Venza. We saw each other from time to time from then on, and he eventually offered to aid me in some of my work..." Phedilo trails off, uncertain as to how to proceed in the face of Audra's intensity.

After a moment of awkward silence, he dares, "I, uh, take it you two are related?"

[sblock=OOC]The reaction makes sense. Truth be told, I was surprised by how well she took the gnome's appearance. ;)

I'll be around to RP this out as much as you'd like while the others are out. If anything, their timely absence makes me feel less guilty about this Audra-centric scene. :D[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]And anyone who is around is welcome to chime in, naturally. :)[/sblock]

Audra quirks an eyebrow at Phedilo, her mind racing with a hundred questions, none willing to line itself out. One thought finally clears, something her Sensei taught her years before. Her hands still planted flat on the table, the flame-haired monk closes her eyes and takes five deep breaths, reciting an element in a whisper with each exhale. When her eyes open again, they are calmer. She slowly lowers herself toward her chair, a little heavier than she might normally have, luckily for her, she catches the front of it and perches there. Again her eyes close, as if she were remembering something.

Good Master Gnome, I wonder if crossing your path ever brings truly good fortune. Yet you say that you only relay what the cards and fate choose to show you. I will not ask you any questions, as I know that your intent here is simply to give fate a helping hand.

Her eyes open again. Wet they are, a tear at first threatening and then escaping from the corner of her left eye. She doesn't move to stop it.

I grew up in Ranocchio. Others call it The Planks. My father was an Oysterman. My mother worked in one of the Roses as a baker at someone's house there. With what they brought in, the four of us; Mother, Father, Myself and my older brother, got by. We had a small place, a ramshackle I have heard it referred to. Father added a second floor himself when I was born. We were home one night when a great storm hit. Most don't remember one storm from another. I still find myself wincing when I hear thunder and see lightning. I was asleep upstairs, Mother and Father were downstairs. My brother was upstairs as well, preparing for bed. I rolled over because the small lantern he had shuttered almost entirely still bothered me.

She feels the tear run down her cheek. She reaches up and wipes it with her bare hand, a rough wipe, flinging the tear away, if she could.

I don't remember the event. What I know the Diamond Heart has helped me piece together. A strong gusting crosswind swept through Ranocchio, damaged many buildings, including causing ours, with the recent upper level addition, to collapse. Mother and Father were lost in the collapse. My brother was never found.

As she tells the tale, her right hand goes to a simple silver chain around her neck, resting there gently as if touching the cheek of a loved one.

Master Hallaran and the others spread out across Ranocchio, braving the still falling rain and howling winds. A number of residents there owe their lives to the Diamond Heart from that night. Our parents were found first, crushed by the second floor. I was found within the wreckage, having been knocked out and suffering a cut or two, but alive. Of my brother, there was no sign. I returned to the wreckage, found Mother's necklace there. I have kept it around my neck, never taking it off. To help remind me of them, and as a symbol of my promise to find my brother, wherever he might be, dead or alive. His name was Alecks.

She shakes her head and takes a deep breath, as if awakening from a bad dream. While she is able to keep the emotions from her voice by speaking slow and calm, her face does little to hide them.

I have searched high and low over the years, the Order helping when their collective eyes an ears area able. Now to hear that you...

She eyes the pouch she had been tossed. Taking the hand from her chain, she takes the pouch, lifts it by it's top and tosses it back across the table toward Phedilo.

Keep the coin. I would brave a thousand storms and twice that to find my brother. You have given me, faint though it might be with the situation, hope that I might find my brother. It is I who am in your debt.

She turns back to the Gnome.

I said I would ask you no questions of what you know. From our last meeting at the Dunn Wright I somehow don't know that I would fully comprehend the answers you would give anyway. Know this, though. When I return, I will seek you out. At that time, I will ask questions of you.

With that, she finally seems to realize she dropped her wine glass.

I'm sorry about my reaction, and the dropped glass. I...just was caught rather...unprepared.

She glances at each of her would be companions sheepishly, and ducks her head.

If you would just point me to a broom and a mop I will clean it up.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Great post, Artur - just been waiting until I have the proper time to respond. :p Should do tomorrow.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=OOC]No worries, Qik. Take your time. I didn't mean to put all of that into one big run like that, but it all just flowed together so perfectly I didn't want to stop. :p Almost did an sblock on it so it didn't take up so much room. Probably should have (can still do if preferred). I look forward to everyone's reactions. ;)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The gnome shakes his head. "I am not here to help Fate, because Fate has no need of me. It is beyond my meager doings; I simply look and see as the shiftings of the veil allow."

"I have less answers than you seem to think I do; as I said, I merely see what I may. And the viewpoint is changing all the time. But still, to look is often worth it."

A small, knowing smile creeps over the gnome's features. "And if you will not ask the questions of me now, you will not ask the questions, for the happenings between now and the time at which you may ask again, if it comes at all, will provide you with whatever answers you may need. I have no answers such as you seek, anyhow. But - I can give you a tool for how to find them."

Moving to the table, the gnome undoes the cord binding the small covering of the packet Phedilo had handed him. Seating himself, he reaches inside and pulls out a series of thick, ancient-looking cards, each with a unique, spectacularly-detailed image on it. Wordlessly, the gnome shuffles these with blinding speed, then spreads them out on the table, face down. There are a dozen or so cards, and they appear to have been culled together from a variety of sources. The gnome searches the back of the cards intently, as if looking for something, despite the fact that little can be seen. Suddenly, he exclaims - "Aha!" - and plucks out one of the cards, revealing its face.

The image is merely a pair of intersecting silver loops. A link of a chain, the others realize. It is in fact wholly unremarkable, especially given the detail of the images on the other cards. The gnome hands it to Audra, his care in handling it clear. "Here," he says, "take this." He looks to the satchel of gold Audra had pushed away and pushes it back to her. "And take this, too. You will need it," he adds with an impish smile.

Before anyone can say anything, the gnome stands, nods to Phedilo, and speaks what is obviously an incantation, vanishing from sight.

[sblock=Spellcraft DC 19]The gnome cast Dimension Door.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]No reason to apologize, Artur![/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra nods to the Gnome's responses. She is a taken by surprise when she is handed the strange card. She extends her hand and takes the card with the same caution that is shown in its handling by the Gnome. Before she can ask him what in the world she is to do with the thing, the Gnome is gone, leaving her sitting a moment in silence, looking at the card in her hand.

I have the feeling something important just happened, but in Sapo's name I couldn't tell you what. Things get rather...interesting...when that one is about.

She considers the card for another moment before finding a safe place for it.

If you'd be so kind as to point me to a broom, I'd like to hear about this probable route.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases