[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
Phedilo nods. "They do, indeed. I have known the gnome for a long time now, and yet all the time that I've known him hasn't made him any easier to understand. But I have learned to listen when he recommends something, so I am sure that that card has some purpose." He pauses, adjusting his spectacles, his eyes falling on the card Audra now holds. "Would you mind if I have a look?"

At her second comment about a broom, he nods absent-mindedly. "Oh, don't worry about that..." he mutters, his hand slipping into the well-worn pouch at his belt. A simple incantation later, followed by a, "Please clean up the floor, please," and a broom floats out of the corner and begins to make its way to the mess on the floor. Phedilo ignores it, his curiosity taking hold. "Now, let's have a look at that card..."

[sblock=OOC]I'll roll a check for Phedilo to see what he can tell you about the card (given that his expertise is magical items, he should be able to tell you something), but I'd like to let those qualified to have a crack at it first.[/sblock]
As everyone looks over the card, Phedilo responds to Audra's question about the route. "I believe we discussed taking the Orino River south to Tal Hollow, and then having him proceed on horseback from here. The stone's location was in a hidden chamber midway up the northernmost peak of the Sethirs - I've got a map detailing the location somewhere around here... - so he probably passed through Tal Hallow and onto the Sethirs from there."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
At Phedilo's request, Audra pulls the card out and sets it carefully on the table, so everyone can see. She listens to the directions. She quirks an eyebrow.

Tal Hallow. If he proceeded from there on horseback, he had to have found a horse there. We'll have to check the stables when we get there, see if we can find anything.

She eyes Phedilo a moment, then looks back to the card.

If anyone can tell me anything about this, I hope it'd make me feel a lot better about carrying it around.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka gives the other woman a reassuring hug.

"Don't worry about the mess, I... see that Master Phedilo has it taken care of. If Alecks is out there to be found, we'll find him. Do you mind?"

She takes the card and looks at it before summoning her magical sight and looking upon its aetheric essence. She gazes at it for nearly half a minute before her nose twitches, a frown crosses her face and she sighs. She hands it back to Audra; it would appear that Elenka was unable to find out anything about the card but she is still considering her words...

[sblock=OOC]
cast Detect Magic
K (arcana) to identify auras: 1d20+5=16
Spellcraft to identify item: 1d20+9=17[/sblock]

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Elenka eventually determines that her difficulty in interpreting the card's aura is owing to the fact that its is a combination of two forms of magic: divination, and more generalized magics. The relative faintness of its luminosity suggests that there's nothing too powerful about the card's arcane abilities, but the purpose or function of its magic seems to elude her at present.

[sblock=OOC Info]Aura: Faint. Divination & Universal schools. Spellcraft check failed.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra seems to have quickly rallied herself to at least control her emotions. A touch of red still lingers in the Monk's cheeks, as she sort of leans a little heaver than she might normally have against Elenka during the quick, comforting hug.

Given where he is, there is no doubt I couldn't find him alone, though I would have tried, but as our objectives are still the same, I will gladly do what I can to bring this to its conclusion, whatever that may be. Thank you.

She gives a look into the young Summoner's eyes, honest gratitude, though there still appears to be a trace of sadness. She takes a deep breath, taking the card back.

If that Gnome believes it will be useful, with all that he has said and told me so far, I'll keep it with me. I assume he'll want it back when we're done.

She waits to allow anyone else who wants to see the card to have their chance before returning it to a pocket on the side of her backpack.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka continues to consider the results of her inspection of the card and slowly speaks up about what she found out.

"I found out little enough despite my efforts. It holds some sort of divination magic coupled with a more general magic but the auras are faint. Whatever it does, it is not extremely powerful. Perhaps it grants a vision of the future, or confirms a choice of decision; that sort of thing. I just don't know. Sorry, Audra, my knowledge of magic is less on the theoretical side and more in its application.

Rest assured that Drevezh'korol and I will do whatever we can to help you in your search."

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

At first, Eanos stayed quiet to be unobtrusive during Phedilo's secondary business. As the meeting turned to something clearly far more personal to his new companion, the red-haired archer remained silent, soaking in the information, recognizing that he could learn far more by staying out of the way than by inserting himself into the interaction. Best not to remind the young woman of the audience to her exposition so as to encourage her to be free with the information.

The tale of orphans and mentors struck far closer to home than Eanos might like to admit, however, and he found himself moving from an attentive silence to a more introspective one as Elenka helped to provide emotional reassurance to the monk. He wondered what his life might have been like had someone like the Diamond Heart found him instead of the Ears; had his own mentor survived their escape that he might lean on him for support as he pursued his own quest for answers.

Finally, however, he shook his head clear and sniffed softly to regain himself. Such musings served no purpose save to weaken him and dull his senses; The Ears were everywhere, and they would have no sympathy for his lack of attention.

"Don't have much magical training, I'm afraid," he finally said, leaning forward to look at the card, "But Issolatha might still share a secret if I ask nice."

He whispered something to himself, and his eyes seemed to glaze over a moment. Then he whispered a plea to his Lady, twice, as he turned the card over gingerly in his hand, frowning.

[sblock=ooc]Eanos isn't trained in Know: Arcana, so not sure if you'll allow the Spellcraft check, but what the heck. The only other Know I think might be relevant is Planes, so I threw that in there. Both with Guidance attached:

Guidance Spellcraft; Know: Planes (1d20+5=18, 1d20+5=21)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 13/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Eanos]Eanos is unable to ascertain much about the card at all, although he's competent that its magical abilities, whatever they are, are not tied to the planes.[/sblock]
Phedilo takes the card from Eanos once the archer has finished studying it, and gives it his own examination. After an especially long examination, the halfing gives a slight "harumph" and passes the card back to Audra. He shuffles in apparent embarrassment.

"Well, I am afraid that I too am unable to ascertain the specifics of the cards' abilities. I have never before seen the particular combination of magics that you spoke of, Miss Elenka..."

The halfing trails off awkwardly, clearly unused to having his knowledge fail him so fully. Breaking the silence by clear his throat, the halfling speaks to his magical servant, who has completed its cleaning duties. "Please go to the upper right draw of my desk, remove the largest satchel in there, and bring it to me, please." The unseen servant obeys.

Phedilo opens the satchel to reveal its contents: more coin. A lot more. He shakes his head sadly at its sight. "I am afraid that I had selected this amount with only Masters Fulgrim and Eanos in mind. It was to both fund their journeys and pay them for their time and effort. At present, this is the most I can offer the four of you; I hope it is sufficient."

Re-tying the satchel, he slides it across the table to the others. "Now then, let me give some recommendations for how to get to Tal Hallow..."

[sblock=OOC]First off, welcome back, jkason and GE! Glad to have you with us once again. Hope your time away was an enjoyable one. :D

Phedilo borked his rolls, so for the time being, you'll learn nothing else about the card. Though I've a feeling it'll all be revealed in due time....;)

Phedilo's second round of payment is 2000 gp total, or 500 for each of you.

Will probably move you on to Tal Hallow in the next day or two; I'll mostly be doing the travel/details/etc "behind the scenes," if that's alright. Feel free to make a stop at the Pearl before you head out.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"No worries, Phedilo," Eanos reassures their employer. "If you knew all the secrets, you'd miss out on the fun of learning, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Still a bit behind on my catchup, but trying to at least check in daily. Will probably want to swing by the Pearl for sure, but will have to take a look at available funds to see what Eanos might be interested in and / or what party fund pooling might get us if we're so inclined.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 13/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Phedilo nods, although judging by the look that remains on his face, he is not convinced.

[sblock=OOC]No worries, jk. I know both you and GE are doing so, so we'll be sure to not get too far ahead.

There isn't a major rush to get your visit to the Pearl sorted out: it'll be happening in between this scene and the next one game-wise, but I'm fine if that timing doesn't precisely correlate with the real-time execution. We'll have a bit of time before all that needs to be resolved.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases