[LPF] Ties that Bind - Page 18





+ Log in or register to post
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 537
  1. #171
    Audra sighs, the look of sadness leaving her eyes and features, at least for the moment. She takes a deep breath and, with card secured, exhales it.

    Where that Gnome is concerned, there is much that is, in time, revealed. When I find out what it does, I will make a note to come back here upon return and tell you what the card did, if anything. It is a small mystery, but a small part of the greater mystery. Tell us where we may can start, and as much as you know about the Cult that dares to follow him.

    Her tone is cool and level, though still tinged with a little emotion. She leans forward and lets her arms rest on the table before her, turning her slightly bloodshot eyes on Phedilo.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

 

  • #172
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Phedilo spends the next hour or so detailing the group's travel plans. They are to take passage on a boat set to travel the span of the Orino River, and then travel the relatively short distance by foot or horse (depending on what they are able to arrange) to Warden's Watch, in Tal Hallow, where hopefully they will be able to learn something of the path Alecks took to the Sethirs. "He's likely to have made his way around Tal Hallow at the extreme eastern or western end of the region, so as to avoid the Wild Wood which lies to the direct south. The eastern route would be easier going, but the western would bring one closer to the old tomb where the stone was to be retrieved, which lies southwest of the Wild Wood, part way up the extreme northern slopes of the Sethir Mountains."

    During the discussion, Phedilo also answers the others' questions on what he knows about the Ears of the Whisperer, although Eanos proves to know at least as much as the wizened halfling. Once the dicussion is complete, Phedilo bids the group well on their long journey. "I know it will likely be some time before I hear from you, but I will be working on a way to amend that." The halfling refuses to elaborate on the full meaning of this somewhat cryptic statement.

    Two days later finds the group back at the docks, where they first convened, ready to board the ship contracted by Phedilo to carry them down the Orino and into Tal Hallow. To Elenka's bemusement, the ship waiting at the port in question is surprisingly familiar: it's The Downpour, which had carried her and her companions down to Martna months ago.

    OOC
    Going to stop here, in part to allow those who have been silent to chime in, and also to give you a bit of a chance to RP any thoughts before the voyage, as well as to buy some time for those of you who are still playing catch-up.

    Just FYI, I'm going to expedite the traveling process as much as possible (as long as there are no objections, of course).

    Also, here's the wiki entry on the Ears, for those of you who want to read up (Eanos and Fulgrim have already gotten a fairly substantial introduction ). Phedilo has been a part of all of the information up on the wiki, so it's not a stretch that he would be able to relay all of it to you.

  • #173
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,723

    Ignore jkason
    After the party is released to make preparations, he jabs his thumb in the direction of the Pearl.

    "If we're heading into the boondocks, might be worth it to check for some translating magic if nothing else," he suggests. "Seeing how far away we'll be, probably grab some antivenom in case we run into feisty wildlife. Might not hurt if we pick up another fix stick, too, but I don't want to go spending anyone else's money without their say so."

    ooc
    Oh, my. I think my NPC's are about to come back to haunt me.

    I'm thinking about looking for a scroll of Tongues and / or a few scrolls of Comprehend Languages. The latter is probably more likely to be useful than the former, but I'm a tad nervous about winding up somewhere with non-Common speaking locals if we're winding through the mountains.

    Eanos has a CLW wand with around 30 charges on it. Not sure if folks want to go in on a second or if someone else has one on them, but I thought it was at least worth pointing out.

    Will probably pick up a smattering of mundane stuff like antivenom and the like, too, since this seems like it might be an exotic animal kind of trip.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #174
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    As the group approaches the decks of the ship that is to be their home in the coming weeks, they're welcomed aboard, perhaps surprisingly for some, by a lanky, water-weathered dwarf. His introductory smile widens when he recognizes Elenka.

    "Well I'll be: didn't anticipate seeing a familiar face, lass! It'll be good to have ye aboard. Off to raze another temple, are we?"
    he adds with a conspiratorial wink. "Nevil! Help our passengers stow their gear below, will ye?"

    A disheveled half-elf comes forward to offer his help. If Phineas seems pleased to see Elenka, Nevil seems borderline reverent. "Madam Elenka of Wood Spirit, is good to have your returns. Is, how you say, 'spicious.'"

    "Ye mean 'auspicious,' don't ye, Nevil?"

    "Yes yes yes, 'aw'picious,'" the half-elf responds indignantly.

    Phineas winks. "Guess that's as close we'll be gettin' today, won't we?"

    OOC
    Hah! Never fear, jk, that just means you'll all be eating well this trip, no matter what's available. Actually, it probably just means that you've a knack for filling NPC niches.

    Not trying to rush you along, but I also want to keep the thread from lying dormant, so I'm trying to post when I've the opportunity. Feel free to suss out any gear you think you'll need as a group in the time that it takes you.

  • #175
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,317

    Ignore GlassEye
    After hearing their travel plans and suggestions from Eanos, Elenka decides a little shopping in preparation would not be a bad thing. After all, her recent travels were aboard a boat and directly from one city to another. From Phedilo's description it seems likely that the group will be spending some time in the wild and she doesn't want to be unprepared.

    "Not a bad idea. My facility with languages is limited; I can speak with the wild fey, however, if we should need to bargain with those creatures once we are near their territory. The fey are particularly wild in the Seithr Mountains, I hear. And I'm willing to contribute to a group healing-wand."

    Returning to the docks and their chartered boat two days later Elenka is pleased to be greeted by Captain Renlow and Nevil. A smiles stretches broadly across her face. "No false temples this time, I hope. But we will be turning over no small number of stones in the Seithr in our searches. It is good to get to travel with you again, Captain. And Nevilantura, dear!" She warmly clasps his hand in her own. "I am sure Drevezh'korol will be as pleased as I am to see you again."

    OOC
    Elenka will also purchase a few wilderness travel items, but I'll have to get that all squared away later this evening.



    • • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:

  • #176
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    "And Nevilantura, dear!" She warmly clasps his hand in her own. "I am sure Drevezh'korol will be as pleased as I am to see you again."
    Turning several shades of red at what is apparently a ferocious compliment, Nevil avoids providing a response by busying himself with Elenka's gear.

  • #177
    ooc
    I might downsize Audra's weapon collection a little, given how little she uses of a lot of it, and might pick up an item or two, but nothing that should hold us back. Will let you know what items transition, if anything.


    Audra is, as usual, in the middle of the pack of adventurers as they ascend the plank onto the ship. She quirks an eyebrow at the greeting the summoner receives, and leans to Eanos and comments in a low voice...

    Is there nowhere we go that she doesn't know someone? I guess that should be a comforting thing but....

    The Monk shrugs, dressed in the same outfit as she had been two days earlier, though it is now clean and pressed. Her backpack, slung over one shoulder, has her cold iron axe still strapped to it. She cannot surpress a slight giggle as the half-elf is forced to turn darker red than at least of the groups hair. After a moment, her face turns somber as she remembers what lies ahead.

    Hope it's easier to sleep on this boat than the last one. I had to start meditating on cargo tied down on the deck to find anywhere I wasn't sure I was going to be tossed onto my back or something.

    She trails off, her hand touching the chain at her neck gently, for just a second, before she catches herself and returns her hand to her side.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #178
    Fulgrim approaches the ship with some hesitation in his step, he pauses to watch the gentle waves wash up against the wooden hull as the gulls circle overhead cawing into the wind. He lets the salty air blow over his shaved head, rustling his beard slightly.

    "Dis ship really de best way?" Fulgrim says, though no one appears to answer as they confidently make their way on the ship.

    Shrugging he tentatively makes his way up the plank to the ship, taking short steps and making sure to keep the middle of the plank. Reaching the deck he looks about, a little disoriented by the motion of the ship.

    He seems ready to complain again about the ship being the best option when he sees the dwarf seaman. Near instantly Fulgrim stands a little straighter and a little more confident, trying not to show his discomfort at travel by sea.

    "Good dwarf!" Fulgrim calls. De name is Fulgrim, Fulgrim Ironforge. Good ta see another dwarf 'ere! I trust ye 'ave kegs 'o ale fer the journey? Fulgrim says with a broad smile.

    OOC


    About to start Origins Weekend and Ballet recital. I will likely be scarce the next two days. Fulgrim will have stopped off for some wilderness supply items (probably food and a couple other sundry items, nothing particularly noteworthy). I will update his sheet on Sunday.


  • #179
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,723

    Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    ooc
    @Artur Hawkwing
    @IronWolf

    Were you guys okay with splitting in on an extra healing wand? I'll hold off Eanos' Pearl trip until I know for sure. Going halfsies with Elenka should defer enough expenses for a few scrolls if you folks aren't interested


    Quote Originally Posted by Artur Hawkwing View Post
    Is there nowhere we go that she doesn't know someone? I guess that should be a comforting thing but....
    "Not getting jealous, are you?" Eanos whispers back with a grin. "Maybe you should take another swim? The sailors seemed to like that," he adds with a wink and a soft chuckle.

    When Elenka's finished her greetings of reunion, Eanos nods his head and offers his own hand.

    "Name's Eanos," he says. "Appreciate the transport. Issolatha knows how long it'd be down there by horse."

    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: None

    In Hand: None

    Arrows: 13/17
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

    Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #180
    ooc
    Perfectly fine with me. You'll know soon enough what Audra's playful nickname perrinmiller agreed fit her well is "bait".
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 59
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
    2. Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: Monday, 5th December, 2005, 09:22 PM
    3. Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th November, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 356
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th November, 2005, 07:20 PM
    5. Ties that Bind - Silverymoon (Rogues Gallery)
      By gabrion in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st November, 2005, 04:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •