[LPF] Ties that Bind

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim is near broke at the moment. I have 30 gold I can contribute at the moment. I would gladly contribute my fair share as we earn some treasure in this adventure though, Fulgrim just doesn't have the money to front beyond the 30gp right now.

If it helps, I could sell back one of my potions of lesser restoration and then I could have 300gp to contribute.

Just let me know... Being a barbarian, I have no issue contributing to the healing fund...

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Fulgrim is near broke at the moment. I have 30 gold I can contribute at the moment. I would gladly contribute my fair share as we earn some treasure in this adventure though, Fulgrim just doesn't have the money to front beyond the 30gp right now.

If it helps, I could sell back one of my potions of lesser restoration and then I could have 300gp to contribute.

Just let me know... Being a barbarian, I have no issue contributing to the healing fund...

Checking your sheet, I think you're missing Phedilo's rewards. He's given each PC 750 gp (here plus here. I figured if we each paid in a fourth out of that money (187.5), there'd still be funds for everyone to pick up a few little somethings for themselves with the remainder?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Don't worry, Fulgrim, dear. The Downpour is a river-boat; we'll be sailing up the river, I think Phedilo said. Even if not, we'll be hugging the coast; she isn't built for the sea."

Of course, Elenka doesn't really know anything about boats...

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock][sblock=OOC][MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION]
It would be very helpful to me (and the others, too, I think) if treasure awards we collect throughout the adventure were listed in the first post along with the experience awards. Thanks.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]Shopping done. Eanos now only has a few coppers to his name, but hopefully he's ready for at least one of the things we're sure to bump into. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 33/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Captain Renlow welcomes the three strangers aboard his ship as warmly as he did Elenka, introducing himself as "Cap'n Renlow! Pleased ter meet ya." He gives Fulgrim's hand an especially enthusiastic squeeze, although it's mostly unclear whether this is out of simple enthusiasm at the presence of another dwarf, an attempt to reassure a clearly water-wary passenger, or for some other reason altogether.

[sblock=Eanos]Eanos gets the sense that the dwarven captain harbors a certain attraction for Fulgrim.[/sblock]
"Aye, I've got some dwarven ale, which you're more than welcome to: received an extra cask by accident during my last shipment from the Sethirs. I'm afraid to admit that capt'ning a boat with as light a crew as the The Downpour has means I don't have much of an opportunity to indulge myself as often as I'd like, and truth be told, I admit I'm more of a wine drinker, as sacrilegious as that may sound."
Grinning, the captain adds, "Should come as no surprise that it takes an unusual dwarf to man a river-boat."

"Miss Elenka's got it right that we'll be in fer a much smoother journey than if we were huggin' the coast. And I've got a method fer expeditin' the journey a bit."

While the captain sets about readying the ship for departure, Nevil helps them stow their gear in the cabin below. As it was on Elenka's journey, a sheet has been set up to divide the shared space so as to allow for some privacy between genders. The group is just finishing up choosing bunks and getting settled in when they feel the *bump* of the ship's separation from the dock: they're off.

The first couple of days see the four getting settled into life on the water, with Elenka and Audra adjusting more quickly owing to their recent travels from Martna. Fulgrim is pleasantly surprised to find that the cask of ale is of especially good quality, and with Captain Renlow's blessing, he breaks into it at first opportunity. The captain has a few spare fishing poles and nets on board, and between the six of them, they manage to catch enough seafood to eat well: the group even dredges for river shrimp from time to time. Captain Renlow proves to be an excellent cook, and the group comes to enjoy their evening meals together. Despite his initial statements of prudence, the group finds that the captain has a decent stock of wine, which he shares with all whom are interested.

It occurs to you all that, despite the uncertainties of your coming journey, there are many worse ways to travel, and not many better.

[sblock=OOC]Ballet and D&D? That's quite a pair of hobbies, IW. ;)

Figured I'd leave a bit of space to RP here; given the length of the journey IC, I'd hate to just skip over this altogether. Plus it gives jk a chance to see his creation (The Downpour) from the other of the screen. Will try to keep things from dragging.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Audra unloaded a couple of bits of mundane weaponry, sling, sling balls and shortspear. Purchased a waterskin. Otherwise, she's done, though she did kick in her portion for the wand of healing[/sblock]

Audra offers the Dwarf her hand to shake as well, greeting him with a somewhat enthusiastic hello. Her eyes momentarily light up at the mention of Dwarven Ale. Fulgrim at times likely finds himself not alone in enjoying the beverage. She will take, with a bit of wistfulness, her turn at the fishing and dredging. Any oysters that might turn up she will volunteer to shuck. She will allow Elenka to select which bunk she prefers and will sleep on whatever is available after, not one to have a problem even sleeping on the floor.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
"River. Sea. It's on da water ain't it…" Fulgrim replies to Elenka. "Least I standa' shot at swimmin' to shore if we on da river!"

"Itsa' pleasure, Cap'n." returning the Captain's handshake with a firm grip.

"Wine? Fulgrim replies. "I thought only dem elves and humans 'ere fond of da wine." he says with a shrug.

Fulgrim lets his gear be stowed. When the word is given early in the trip that the cask of ale can be opened, Fulgrim wastes little time, the ale seeming to calm his nerves on the vessel on the water.

[sblock=OOC]

The ballet recital was crazy! 3+ hours long and my daughter was only on stage for about 5 minutes of that. She did great, but it was crazy long for the amount of time she was on stage. There were supposed to be two identical shows today. We bailed for the second one, she would have been exhausted...

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Audra's shucking skills are indeed put to use, as the group hits an oyster bed on the third day of their trip. A little garlic, some butter, and a good portion of fine dwarven ale later, and the group have the makings of a veritable feast. "I was hoping we'd find us some oysters before moving further upstream," remarks the captain at one point. "They're rare enough to be a treat around these parts. Must be an auspicious sign," he laughs.

It is quite a festive evening.

That night, as Audra lays down to sleep, her mind invariably turns to the prospect of reuniting with her brother...

Audra awakes with a start in the wee morning hours, sweating. She grasps at the fragments of her already-receding dream: the rubble of a fallen house; a grown-up hand leading the youthful figure of her brother away; dragons; a distant hamlet; and a gruesome scene of lifeless bodies...

Even as she searches for a thread of meaning to connect these fragments, she catches sight of a mild glow among her things. After a moment, she realizes its source: the card she had been given by the gnome.

[sblock=OOC]IW: haha! The joys of being a parent. I'm not there yet, but I do tutor a family that includes a 6-year-old who takes ballet. Sometimes between subjects she shows me a move or two. Tough stuff![/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra sits there a moment, the closes her eyes, trying to slow down her breathing. Beads of sweat coat her body, causing the light shorts and gauzy white shirt she wears as sleeping clothes to plaster to her body. She looks to her gear, looking for something familiar, and spies the glow. She shakes the mental image of her brothers shuttered lantern from her mind and eases herself to the floor. She looks to make sure Elenka hasn't been disturbed, not sure if she might have cried out in her sleep. Her crimson hair matted to her head and neck, the monk moves quietly to her gear and kneels down, almost as if she is afraid, she reaches out to the backpack, to the small pocket on the side which glows. She unties the leather string which serves as the pocket's closure and gently, hesitantly reaches into the pocket to retrieve the card.

[sblock=ooc]Went back and edited out the previous part of Audra awaking from a disturbing dream and going up on deck in favor of the glowy card :D[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases