[LPF] Ties that Bind - Page 21





+ Log in or register to post
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 537
  1. #201
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,321

    Ignore GlassEye
    Elenka's laugh rings out over the sound of Fulgrim's physical discomfort.

    "By the King of the Chernyj Wood! What an amazing way to travel!"

    Then the import of what she is hearing sinks in and she frowns in sympathetic concern for Fulgrim. "Poor dear." Dripping wet and making squelching sounds as she goes she walks over to the discomfited dwarf. "Anything I can do for you, Fulgrim?"


    Elenka Danyllova

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:

 

  • #202
    Audra is caught unprepared, despite the warnings delivered by Elenka. The whole event washes over the Monk like a tidal wave. She finds herself standing on the deck, dripping again, her clothing again pressed against her body, soaked.

    Next time I'm bringing a cake of soap. Hope this place has somewhere one can get new clothes, these shrink any more they'll start bursting at the seams.

    Despite her grumping, she doesn't seem all that traumatized by the ships stunning transition. She nods to the Captain.

    That's an interesting way to travel. Maybe we'll be able to ride with you on the way back to Venza, I'd like to know more about that. But for now, though my outside is cold and wet again, my inside could use something warm. Is there any of that Dwarven ale left?
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #203
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,725

    Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    While he's lighthearted and quipping with Audra prior, once the transportation begins, Eanos falls into an awed silence. He strains his ears to see if he can catch any of the syllables the fey uses to activate the gate, but finds the words slip from his mind even as they're spoken.

    On the other end, soaked and cold, Eanos stands, tight grip on the rail, wide-eyed and a tad stunned. After a few moments, he shakes his head, throwing water every which way, then pushes his still-wet hair out of his eyes, which seem to spark with wonder.

    "Lady, but you do show me the best secrets," he mutters, hand drifting to the ornate silver key which hangs from his neck.

    It's only then that he seems to realize the others are even there. At Audra's mention of ale, Eanos nods.

    "Dwarven ale's probably just the thing for Fulgrim's stomach, too, yes?" he offers with a smile.

    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Soaking Wet.

    In Hand: None

    Arrows: 33/33
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

    Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #204
    Fulgrim wipes his mouth and beard with the back of his arm, his complexion still just a little pale, though the color does appear to be returning. "I'll be fine." he says with a hint of embarassment in his voice.

    Overhearing the talk of dwarven ale, he perks up a bit and continues "Some more 'o dat dwarven ale might be jest the thing!" Fulgrim says.

  • #205
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Captain Renlow chuckles. "Well, I'll say one thing fer you lot: you sure be an easy fix. Come on, let's go see if there's any ale left in that barrel ye've been attackin'."

    There is indeed, dwarven barrel sizes being as generous as they are, and after the captain and Nevil dig up some towels for the group, the two return to the task of navigation and leave the others to dry up and drink up.

    *---*---*

    The remainder of the group's trip aboard The Downpour is uneventful. While the sealife in the Starwater River - the Ouhm tributary the group had transported to via Allebasi's gate - is not as prevalent as it was on the Orino, the group still manages to catch enough fish to sustain themselves along the way. Finally, after roughly two weeks' time, the ship arrives in Warden's Watch, one of the largest settlements in Tal Hallow. Set atop the high cliffs overlooking the river, the city is an impressive sight, both for the grand stone staircase which runs the length of the cliff from the river up to the city, and the massive lift which sits adjacent to the stairs, moving unloaded cargo up to the city. The gnomes of the Tal Hallow seem to be nothing if not industrious and ingenious.

    Captain Renlow and Nevil gather to say their goodbyes. "Well folks, it's been good ter have ya along fer the ride. Glad that I finally got some use out o' that ale!"

    "Goodbye, Mad'm Elenka, and bid goodbye to yours wood spirit, too!" With that, the captain and his crew of one turn their attention to unloading their own cargo. The group, on the other hand, turns their attention to the task of chasing up the trail of the object of their pursuit. The question is, where to begin?

    OOC
    This next stretch is going to involve picking up on Alecks' trail. I've tasked it as a skill challenge. To start with, feel free to approach the gathering of information from any angle you like - using Aid Anothers if and when desired - and we'll weave the story from there. Remember, failure has the potential to count against you!

    We'll see how things go with that amount of information to start with, and if I need to get more detailed, I will.

  • #206
    Fulgrim grows more accustomed to being on the water as the days go by, though the ale may have helped with that.

    With the vessle reaching the shore, the city plain in view, Fulgrim extends a hand to Captain Renlow "Tis a pleasure good dwarf! Fulgrim says "If travelin' on water is da only option, tis good ta 'ave a dwarf captain guidin' da ship!"

    As Fulgrim reaches the dry land he looks up at the city, his comfort at being back on the firm earth obvious to any who watch. "Dirt and rock, dis is where a dwarf meant ta be!" Fulgrim says.

    Looking up towards the city, the process of unloading going on around him, Fulgrim speaks up "Seems a good tavern the best place as any to start lookin' fer 'im, right? Fulgrim states.

  • #207
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,725

    Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    Eanos gives both captain and crewman hearty handshakes, thanking them for their hospitality.

    "Don't have Fulgrim's problem with the water," he says, "But I figure the trip would have been a lot longer without you and your fey friend," Eanos offers.

    He laughs aloud at Fulgrim's suggestion, patting the dwarf on the shoulder.

    "Not sure I'll ever be able to keep up with you at the pub," he says, "But if nothing else, a drink's been known to loosen a body's inhibitions. Ladies? I'm no slouch at plying a bloke for information, but between Elenka's warm demeanor and Audra's wardrobe, we might have an even better chance."

    ooc
    With Silver-Tongued Haggler, Eanos has a +10 Diplomacy, so he can auto-succeed on an Aid Another. With that bonus and a Guidance, looks like Elenka would have a +14 going into a gather info check, more if Fulgrim and Audra made their rolls. We might be able to catch a lead with her just taking 10 in that case.


    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Soaking Wet.

    In Hand: None

    Arrows: 33/33
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

    Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #208
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,321

    Ignore GlassEye
    When Nevilantura informs them that they will be reaching Warden's Watch that day Elenka disappears behind the curtain in their shared cabin. There is much rustling around and a fair bit of cursing but shortly before docking Elenka emerges. She has transformed herself from the wind-blown and more often than not barefoot vagabond adept at handling a fishing line to a traveled woman of magic and means. A fair amount of means, which she displays in the fine clothing she wears and the numerous gold ornaments that adorn her fingers, wrists, neck and ears. Drevezh'korol stands guard behind her. His massively wooden arms hang ready should anything threaten his charge.

    Elenka smiles and slips over to Nevilantura. She takes his hand and gives it a squeeze. "You'll have to teach me that trick with the smelt bait next time."

    She walks over to Captain Renlow to make her farewells. While she does so Drevezh'korol places one heavy wooden hand on Nevilantura's shoulder and leans close to hold a quick whispered conversation.

    Elenka meanwhile, drops the reserve she put on like a new set of clothes and hugs the dwarven captain and kisses him on both cheeks. "Farewell, Captain. Take care of yourself and watch out for that water spirit you deal with; she's conniving to get you in her watery grip. You have made the trip a pleasure as always and I hope that we get to travel with you again."

    Having said her goodbyes Elenka turns to the others. "Ready to head ashore and find what we can find of Audra's brother and this mysterious stone?"


    Elenka Danyllova

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:

  • #209
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    OOC
    Will probably hang around until tomorrow afternoon to see if Artur chimes in, then will drop in a post.

    Also, I was wondering if people would think it unfair if I asked for no taking 10. As it's a skill challenge, it just seems a bit static and otherwise against the nature of the challenge to not roll. I'm not trying to DM fiat, it was just my initial sense; let me know what you think.

  • #210
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,725

    Ignore jkason
    OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Qik View Post
    Also, I was wondering if people would think it unfair if I asked for no taking 10. As it's a skill challenge, it just seems a bit static and otherwise against the nature of the challenge to not roll. I'm not trying to DM fiat, it was just my initial sense; let me know what you think.
    Doesn't seem unfair to me; I think there are a lot of ways folks frame skill challenges, and saying 'stakes are too high, you can't take 10 without a special feat' seems workable enough to me. others' mileage may vary.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 59
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
    2. Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: Monday, 5th December, 2005, 09:22 PM
    3. Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th November, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 356
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th November, 2005, 07:20 PM
    5. Ties that Bind - Silverymoon (Rogues Gallery)
      By gabrion in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st November, 2005, 04:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •