[LPF] Ties that Bind - Page 22




+ Log in or register to post
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 537
  1. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Qik View Post
    OOC
    Will probably hang around until tomorrow afternoon to see if Artur chimes in, then will drop in a post.

    Also, I was wondering if people would think it unfair if I asked for no taking 10. As it's a skill challenge, it just seems a bit static and otherwise against the nature of the challenge to not roll. I'm not trying to DM fiat, it was just my initial sense; let me know what you think.
    ooc
    No worries on rolling, happy to do it. I will post something this evening, probably by 10 or so Eastern tonight. I'm on the road at the moment and have just been bleah due to work, life and all that stuff. I'll come up with a good posting for her to make it worth while. Promise!
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

 

  • #212
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    The group begins to make their way up the massive set of stone stairs which lead to Warden's Watch. As impressive as they are from afar, they're even more of a sight up close. Perhaps the rarity of seeing stairs rendered on such a scale contributes to their aura of accomplishment. Hewn from the rockface itself, the stairway also lends a sense of the meeting between civilization and nature.

    As the group walks on, they notice the predictable profusion of gnomes and gnomish-sized items: everyone gets the sense that they're seeing, perhaps for the first time, what it's like to be a gnome-sized creature in a human-sized world. The shift in proportion will likely take some getting used to, although the city's role as a regional hub likely means that it's built to accommodate the larger folk as well.

    OOC
    I appreciate that, jk. Will wait for others' thoughts before I pass judgement, but again, as long as there are no strenuous objections, rolls will be required for information relating directly to Alecks and his whereabouts. Rolls for more indirect info, or for unrelated info (as related to the region, the city, etc) can of course be "taken 10" if so desired, and if normally doable.

    Feel free to attack gathering information any way you'd like; that's the fun part.

    Edit for ninja: no worries Artur! Take your time; happy travels.

  • #213
    Audra is fairly subdued as everyone debarks onto the stairs. Though her backpack is a bit of a weight to her, she can only imagine those who wear something like full plate trying to climb up these steps. Almost halfway up she speaks up.

    We ate before we left the ship. Who wants to be we'll all be starving by the time we get to the top?

    Continuing up the staircase, near the top, Audra takes a moment to look over the edge.

    Wouldn't want to fall into the water from here, fashion statement or no. You'd make a splash, just might not be in the water.

    As the crew finally reach the top, Audra resists the urge to bend over and act as if she's too winded to move on. She looks around at the nearer buildings.

    Guess if one of those is an inn, the best the can do is hire a short order cook?

    Audra sighs at herself for making jokes, but it has lightened her mood a little.

    Okay, lets go find the beanpole lodge and get started. The sooner the better, right?

    She looks about and then puts her hands on her hips.

    Anyone know which way to go? I have the feeling I'm overlooking something.

    She groans as soon as she hears the innocent statement hit her ears.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #214
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    5,996

    Ignore GlassEye
    Elenka trudges up the stairs with the rest of her traveling companions but she lets Drevezh'korol carry her pack. She is considering the best way to approach finding Alecks Frost and pays little attention to Audra's jokes but she does manage to smile at appropriate times. Seeing someone ahead of them descending she stops them to ask directions.

    "Excuse me, sir. Could you direct us to a traveler's inn?"


    • • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:
    OOC
    No problem with not using the Take 10 mechanic for this challenge here.

    Gather Info: (looking for an inn) 1d20+12=23

  • #215
    Fulgrim takes the sights and sounds of the city in as the others seek out an Inn or Tavern to start their hunt for additional information.

    OOC


    I am fine with rolling for the gather info checks instead of taking 10.


  • #216
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    The bearded gnome with deep red skin whom Elenka was addressing stops his descent of the stairs to think for a moment. In one hand, he holds a set of colorful reins which attach to the goat he was leading down the stairs. The goat seems pleased to have a break.

    "Uhm, yes, uhm, let me think, madam...There's The Herring and Toad, though the foods not very good there...Hmm, let me see..." As he continues to think, his eyes settle on Fulgrim. "Oh! I know just the ticket: The Anvil. Run by a good fellow, a dwarf by the name of Ferick Stonehelm. Equipped to handle large folk such as yourself, and they've got quite the selection of dwarven ales, too, imported directly from the Sethirs," he says with a wink at Fulgrim's way. The gnome gives the group directions to The Anvil, then bids then a good day and resumes his journey downward. His goat grudgingly obliges. The group continues on as well.

    As they reach the top, they take a moment to assimilate the view. It is an impressive sight. The Starwater River stretches to the north and south, lit aflame by the sinking afternoon sun. On other side of the river, plains stretch out, unbroken to the east and stopped only by a barely-visible ridge in the west. In addition to its aesthetic qualities, the group realizes the strategic advantages of placing the city on this ridge like this: sight lines extend for miles, and any forces not coming from the north would have to contend with fighting from the low ground. The location of Warden's Watch seems to serve several functions. With that in mind, the group move into the city itself.

    It is a bustling place. They wind their way through a series of merchant stalls, selling all manner of items, from food to trinkets to livestock. Finally, they turn down a side street and catch sight of the sign denoting The Anvil.

    Walking in, they're greeted by the comfortingly familiar sight that is the universality of traveler's inns: a few customers are seated at the bar and among the tables, eating and drinking, and a dwarf wipes a glass clean from behind the bar. He smiles a greeting. "How can I help ye good folks?"

    OOC
    It's settled on the rolls, then; thanks for being so agreeable, everyone. Just let me know when you roll a roll that counts towards the process of learning about Alecks (I assumed GE's was not one of these).

  • #217
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,507

    Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    "A drink to warm the bones after that walk, to start, and what kind of rooms have you?" Eanos says casually. Then he leans in, lowering his voice to a friendly conspiratorial tone, adding, "Also, the lady's always on the lookout for good stories. Suppose you've got a couple of gossips 'round here, yes? Maybe you could point us to them?"

    ooc
    Using Silver-Tongued Haggler on aid another roll:

    Aid another Diplomacy (gather info) (1d20+10=25)

    Elenka will get a +2 on her next attempt. Eanos'll cast a Guidance on her, as well, to +3 total coming her way from Eanos.


    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Wet

    In Hand: None

    Arrows: 33/33
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

    Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe
    Last edited by jkason; Monday, 11th June, 2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: fixed tag
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #218
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    5,996

    Ignore GlassEye
    Elenka smiles at the dwarf as she follows Eanos into the Anvil.

    "Ferick Stonehelm, I presume? Your establishment comes highly recommended by your fellow citizens and is particularly serendipitous since I've discovered a taste for dwarven ale." She places a pair of gold coins upon the bar. "One for myself, and a milk stout for my, ahhh servant." She shrugs as if to say there's no accounting for taste. "I'll bet you see all sorts with the travelers you get through here."

    Elenka glances back at Audra and motions her forward. "We're looking for someone who passed through here maybe two months ago? Maybe he stopped in here. I hope you can help..."

    OOC

    Gather Info (Alecks): 1d20+15=20

    jkason, seriously, with your modifiers you should be making your own checks instead of using them for aid another. Generally, the +2 isn't going to be a benefit on good rolls, maybe not on bad rolls, just on borderline rolls. It would also advance the scene quicker and take a bit of the pressure off the one person making the rolls. (I've never been fond of choosing the person with the highest relevant skill and having everyone else use the aid another action for skill challenges.)



    • • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:

  • #219
    Fulgrim takes in the tap room, looking over the patrons that are already here. He lets the others do the talking, a little out of his element when it comes to making small talk and seeking out information on the person they seek.

    He does motion for a dwarven ale, a quick, friendly nod to the dwarven proprietor as he places his coin on the bar, preferring not to interupt his friends with a dwarven exchange of pleasantries.

  • #220
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,507

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    jkason, seriously, with your modifiers you should be making your own checks instead of using them for aid another. Generally, the +2 isn't going to be a benefit on good rolls, maybe not on bad rolls, just on borderline rolls. It would also advance the scene quicker and take a bit of the pressure off the one person making the rolls. (I've never been fond of choosing the person with the highest relevant skill and having everyone else use the aid another action for skill challenges.)
    I can do that. I'll wait to see the results of this round, then have Eanos help with the workload, as it were.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 59
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
    2. Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: Monday, 5th December, 2005, 09:22 PM
    3. Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th November, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 356
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th November, 2005, 07:20 PM
    5. Ties that Bind - Silverymoon (Rogues Gallery)
      By gabrion in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st November, 2005, 04:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •