[LPF] Ties that Bind

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos laughs at the mention of drink, but agrees.

"Phedilo made it sound like Alecks would have thought this a long but easy trip. No reason to think he'd not stop for a bed when he could get one."

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: Longbow

Arrows: 33/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Agreed," says Elenka as she stiffly slides out of the saddle and stretches. "Drevezh'korol and I rarely ride when we travel. Lately we've been taking boats to travel. Quite comfortable but, alas, not possible here."

Fulgrim's suggestion of stopping for food and drink meets Elenka's approval and is soundly seconded by her stomach. Particularly since she has been trying to augment her rations with whatever she can find along the roadside to stretch her food supplies.

"More travel rations are essential, too. That place looks like a suitable place to get food; and it's located such that a traveler such as Alecks might be inclined to stop there. Let's go in, eat and make some inquiries. Afterwards we can resupply."

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The city of Coppertree is built on the edge of Coppertree Wood. Part of the city spills out into the surrounding plains, with the rest nestled back into and built around the woods themselves. Its integration of civilization and wild is the perfect correlate to the people of Tal Hallow's general relationship to the natural world.

Weary from travel, the group make their way towards the building indicated by Elenka, The Sprite. The Sprite lies just outside the wooded portion of the city. Small tendrils of smoke curl lazily up from its chimney, set in relief against the purple evening sky. Their entrance through the door is signaled by the bright jingle of bells. A young gnome woman looks up from behind the undersized bar, smiling a greeting. The group notice at once that they are out of proportion with their surroundings: the chairs, tables, bar stools, etc are all built for smaller folk. Although Coppertree is one of the largest cities in Tal Hallow, its lack of consideration for larger beings suggests it's not as well-traveled or cosmopolitan as Warden's Watch seemed.

"What can I getcha fine folks, eh eh?" pips the barmaid cheerily.

[sblock=OOC]I updated the first post to keep track of your horse rental costs; forgot to mention it earlier.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Eanos whispers to Issolatha as they enter, and the half-voice carried on the wind responds in a way that seems to bolster him.

"Food and drink would be a good start," he says with a smile when the gnome asks. "And, do you have any norm ... er, any beds might be sized for folk like us?"

He bites his lip a moment at the mistake of calling his size 'normal,' but tries to move past it hoping the gnome didn't catch the slip.

"And, maybe you remember a human man coming through here a while back, had a family resemblance to that one?" here Eanos points to Audra.

[sblock=ooc]Ah, law of averages strikes. Apparently Eanos is a lot better at charming dwarves than gnomes. :) It's a Gather Info rather than a Change Attitude, though, so at least he won't be ticking off the innkeep.

Guidance Silver-Tongued Diplomacy (Gather Info) (1d20+11=14)[/sblock]

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath

Qik

First Post
The gnome smiles brightly. "Grog n' grub, comin' right up." She gives a whistle in what is apparently the kitchen's direction, asking for, "four...er, is it five, servings?" she questions, looking inquisitively in Drev's direction. Once that gets settled, she brings mugs of ale for all who want them: though not nearly as flavor-intensive as Ferick's, the ale nevertheless hits the spot after days of nothing but water.

"As for largefolk beds," their host continues, seemingly not minding Eanos' faux pas, "yup yup, we've got a few. Might have tah check and ensure if they're clean though," she adds, nose curling. "We don't somany largefolk passing through."

At Eanos' question, the woman's feature contract further, in an outsized effort to recall memories that clearly aren't there. "Uhm...ahh...largefolk, huh? Red hair? Curvaceous? No, oh, that's just the woman in her? Oh, uhm, hmmm, ahhhh....." Finally, she admits the obvious. "Nope, can't say that I do. Sorry, bud."

After an awkward pause, she adds, "Here, let me go checkonya's dinner," before whisking out of the room.

[sblock=OOC]In case it wasn't clear, that's a failure. :p[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Doesn't mean he didn't come through here," says Elenka. "He could have passed a different way or stopped at a different inn for the night. We'll ask around."

Drevezh'korol nods his agreement.

"We'll find him, Lady Frost."

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post

"Appreciate you thinking on it, either way," Eanos says gratefully as the gnome admits to having no information.

"Elenka's right, Audra," He adds by way of reassurance. "'Sides, got the impression anyone over four feet tall looks the same to that one, yes?" he adds with a wink as the gnome is gone checking on the food.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra finds she has a cramp as the group dismounts and enters the Sprite. She tries to casually shift her weight around to the point that it just doesn't hurt so bad. She is unable to take it, however, and is in the process of arching her back, accentuating her more feminine traits when she is indicated by Eanos. Her back gives a welcomed pop and she relaxes then, a smile on h er face. She seems a bit oblivious to having just been looked over. Though she does catch the disavow of any memory of Alecks. She tries not to look downtrodden, but when Drev speaks, she turns a look to the tall elemental and smiles at him.

I won't believe anything less, my friend.

She is happy to accept the ale, and restrains herself from trying to gulp it down, as she had tried at Warden's Watch. Instead sipping the ale and enjoying it's sweet property of moistening her throat. She takes a moment to look around, perhaps there are other travelers through? She sweeps her gaze around the room, despite being out of size. In response to the comment about people their size, she shrugs.

It would make sense. Many of us feel the same way about those of a smaller stature, though those overlook the fact that heart is not limited by ones physical size.

She sighs and takes another sip from the ale.

I'm starting to sound more and more like Master Hallaran. Sort of disturbing, but if there is a more wise Halfling out there, I'd like to meet them.

Qik

First Post
The chipper gnome reemerges from the kitchen carrying an absurdly large tray. "Dinner t'night is Guinea Fowl - good stuff," she says, laying a plate in front of each of the group members. "Good stuff" doesn't even begin to describe it - it's fantastic.

The group eats hungrily, savoring the home cooked meal on the heals of nearly a week's worth of travel food. As their meal winds down, they contemplate their next plan of attack.

[sblock=OOC]It's evening now - around 7 pm - so shops, etc are likely closed. Am I to assume you'll spend the night here and then have a look around the town tomorrow? You won't turn up any leads in this joint, but you could find some others elsewhere in the city.

If that sounds good, assume you're sleeping here and then let me know what you'd like to do on the following day. Alternatives are welcome. Also, remember - I'd like some non-Diplomacy rolls if possible, so see if you can come up with any other plans of attack.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Eanos settles back -- or does his best to on the smaller furniture -- and sighs contentedly at the meal.

"Beats venison and travel bread," he declares. "So, rest up and see if anyone else 'round here saw Alecks in the morning?" he offers.

[sblock=ooc]
Also, remember - I'd like some non-Diplomacy rolls if possible, so see if you can come up with any other plans of attack.

I guess I'm not quite sure what other rolls would be relevant to finding Alecks. He's long enough gone that Survival for tracking is useless; I'm not sure there are relevant Know checks to apply. I could try Bluff, though I'm not sure we have a good reason at this point to be duplicitous.

The only alternative I can come up with is having Elenka make Diplomacy checks while Eanos applies his Sense Motive to ferret out lies and interpret withheld info. Honestly, with an available +17 on that with his domain ability and orison, I'd be happy to switch to that one, ;) but it felt like a bit of a stretch to justify.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases