[LPF] Ties that Bind

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol nods, the action causing a wooden creaking sound, as if he expected no less than to find the tree-born inn. Despite his thoughts of Alecks and the path that Audra's brother may have taken he stops at the intersection and looks back over the city of Coppertree. He exhales deeply with the strong feeling of releasing a weight that he has born for a long, long time. He sweeps one arm towards the inn and waits for the others to precede him.

"The forest will refresh us for the time that we give it."

Elenka is entranced by the wonder of Coppertree. Her eyes are wide as she takes in the rebuilding and the plantings and the cunningly crafted structures in the old forest. She walks its wooden ways pointing at the mix of the constructed and the natural like any awestruck tourist might do.

"Did you see that, Fulgrim?"

This time it is Drevezh'korol's turn to usher and guide Elenka along to the inn and the pair enter one after the other.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
A wave of music, already dimly heard, surges onto the group as Audra opens the door and steps in.

"Juice, you say? Why, sure!" pipes the fiery-haired gnome behind the bar, not missing a beat. She hurries to fill the order.

Although the inn's interior isn't crowded, it's close to being so. A good bit of its populace is dancing at the far end of the room, clustered near a small stage upon which a quartet of gnomes plays vigorously.

[sblock=Musical Sample][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z_TheGgFWI"]musical sample[/ame][/sblock] Most of the remaining patrons are either at the bar ordering drinks, sitting admiring the music, or huddled together in conversation, and, occasionally, affection. It's a festive atmosphere. Drevezh'korol nods, as if what he sees only reinforces his suspicions. When asked about just what is going on, he simply says, "Later."

The gnome barmaid returns with a glass of some unidentifiable, bright blue juice. "Here you go!" she yells cheerily over the music. "Hey, twins!" she says, pointing at her's, and then Audra's, hair. "Triplets!" she adds when she spies Elenka. "Oh my gods quartetlets!" she shrieks in joy when sighting Eanos. You suddenly feel a long way from home.

"You all don't look like locals. Not a lot of redheads in Coppertree. Need a room for the night?"

[sblock=OOC]Please include a Sense Motive check with your next post.

Also, thanks, GE. :D[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra blinks, it is almost like a whirlwind as she tries to take in the dancing and music and suddenly finds a glass of cold blue....something...in her hand. She's been listening to the Gnome while trying to get her bearings. Finding herself regretting having gone on through the door first, she gives a soft laugh.

Room? Oh, yes. Room. We're just passing through. Our, um, guide here led us here. Miss....?

Audra indicates Drev as the guide and gives a polite smile as she does that classic hanging question, inviting the Gnome to provide her name. After she speaks, and while waiting for reply, she takes a quick experimental sip from the glass of the...um...blue stuff.

[sblock=ooc]I hope that is scope and not listerine. :p[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka is instantly smitten by the ready joy exhibited by the gnomes and particularly their host. She grins widely then tosses back her head and lets the laughter roll out.

"Yes, rooms! And something delightful to drink! And dancing!"

She snags Fulgrim's hand in her own and throws her tiny weight against the dwarf's to try and drag him across the room to the spot where the dancers spin and stamp their feet.

"Dance with me, Fulgrim!"

Drevezh'korol gingerly leans against the bar with exaggerated care. The glowing white rune on his forehead seems to fade just a little and for the briefest of moments he seems to let the bar support himself. Despite his bulk he seems very small but that only lasts a moment and he straightens and taps one over-sized gnarled finger against the counter in time to the music.

__

In Hand:
Spells:

Qik

First Post
"Spectalavanishom," finishes the gnome for Audra, as if she's just said something simple, like 'Ann.' "Rooms it is. How many would ya like?"

"We'll take two," says Drevezh'Korol from the bar.

"You got it," says Spectalavanishom. "Just give us a bit. We're not used to accommodating largefolk! But we'll figure it out." She scurries off to make preparations.

Audra's gingerly sip is met with an explosion of flavor - it's as though the inn's festivities have been transformed into a taste. She sets into the refreshing drink with gusto. An old gnome man notices her enthusiasm and nods approvingly. "Best Gumption Juice in all Tal Hallow," he says sagely. "Dunno how they do it..."

Elenka's entrance onto the dance floor is met with whoops and enthusiastic hollers by the mostly-gnome crowd. They clap in tandem to egg her on. A pair of young gnome lasses give Fulgrim a good-natured push towards the dance floor, giggling.

IronWolf

blank
OOC: A little bit of catchup for me…

Fulgrim stands next to Elenka as the group approaches the wondrous structure. Fulgrim's gaze wanders up and down, though a scowl crosses his face. "Aye, it looks pretty an' all dat, but don't ye think it woulda' looked better made outta' stone? No dat's somethin' dat woulda' lasted!" Fulgrim replies to Elenka.

Once in the Inn, Fulgrim is getting comfortable in his chair, his pack slipping off with one loop hooked under the chair leg. He is about to call for an ale when Elenka grabs at his arm and tugs him nearly off his chair before Fulgrim gives up resistance and trudges across the room with her.

With Elenka beginning an eloquent dance, Fulgrim stands amidst the area of dance looking woefully out of place. A smile can't help but spread across his face as he watches the excitement of the woman after days of travel glide across the floor. He slowly starts a slow stamp of his heavy booted foot as his body slowly starts to move out of time with the music, the smile grows as he soon finds himself spinning and dancing out of time with the music.

[sblock=OOC]

So many wonder setups by GlassEye! Good times!

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
What Elenka lacks in skill she makes up with ebullience. Soon she finds herself in some sort of partner-changing round dance and pulled from Fulgrim's orbit to a grinning gnome with exceptionally large teeth then to a fast-footed gnomish gentleman with hair a particular shade of blue that she's only seen in violet trumpet vines and then the twirling changes come so quickly she can hardly keep up with her partners. Eventually the dance winds down and she manages to stumble back to the bar where she winds up, laughing, next to Eanos.

"Did Fulgrim survive that round? I lost him after the first few steps."

[sblock=OOC]I meant to spread some of those set-ups around but it seems my fingers typed 'Fulgrim' every time...[/sblock]
__

In Hand:
Spells:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra tries the name a couple of times, but she can't get over halfway. She is mercifully rescued by her companions from her uncomfortable situation. She tastes the blue...stuff...and finds it certainly fits the bill. The Gnome who comments to her receives a smile and a nod.

I can say without a doubt that I have never had any better.

Audra is content to remain a wallflower while watching the dancing. While her years of training have taught her to be graceful when moving, it doesn't translate well for her to dancing. She scans the bar as she sips her drink, looking at everyone having fun, marveling at a side of Elenka she doesn't remember seeing. It brings a smile to her lips as she has another, longer drink of juice.

Qik

First Post
Audra takes in the sight of the crowd, the dancers and the onlookers, as Elenka and Fulgrim dance with varying levels of success. As much of a hit as Elenka is with the gnomes, Fulgrim is even more so: the locals seem to revel in the sight of a presumed-to-be-stodgy dwarf dancing unselfconsciously.

"Well would ya look at that," muses Spectalavanishom. "I've seen some sights in my days at The Eternal Lantern, but nothing's prepared me for a dancin' dwarf." She turns to Audra, Eanos, and Drev. "That's quite a pal ya got there, folks."

When Fulgrim and Elenka do vacate the dance floor, Spec offers Fulgrim an ale, "free of charge. We don't get a lot of requests for Seithrn ale, and hell, you've earned it." As he drinks, Fulgrim considers the advantages of being closer to home. They don't make ale like this up north, that's for sure.

[sblock=Audra]While the crowd is quite varied, Audra does notice an unusual number of older folk within it. Some of these are even dancing, with a nimbleness that belies their years.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Will give jk a bit more time, then will likely push on. Drev is getting eager to reveal what he's seen to you all. :p[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=Bad Pun Alert]I guess we can leave it to Drev to be able to root out the solutions to our problems. Sorry, I just couldn't leaf that one alone. Oh, my acorn head![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases