[LPF] Ties that Bind

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]Well, this is embarrassing. I just noticed that Expeditions Retreat has a range of Personal. Eanos can't actually cast it on other people. D'oh! Multiple apologies, guys. :([/sblock]

Eanos reaches out to Fulgrim to fulfill their plan, when he frowns.

"Lady, what do you mean I can't share ...?" Eanos mutters, then nods contritely. "Your secrets are yours to parsel out."

The preacher grabs the silvered key a moment, whispering, then touches Fulgrim's undrawn weapon, saying, "Guess Issolatha doesn't like fast dwarves, Fulgrim. But I just told your axe the secret of cutting deeper."

Dodging about to try to avoid the dinos attacks, Eanos pins it between himself and Elenka, clenching the fist within his cestus.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, on the spells I can cast on others (looks like I made the mistake of picking several Personal spells without noticing...), looks like Weapon of Awe is the best bet. So, lets try this:

Standard Cast Weapon of Awe on Fulgrim's weapon. Yes, this draws an AoO, but honestly the concentration check vs. damage seems easier than the one to cast defensivelyl, so lesser of two evils. Also, If the dino hits Eanos by less than 4 over his AC, Eanos will use his Determination (Defense) ability to give himself the immediate +4 AC bump and negate the attack.

If he does get hit, however, he loses the spell. blech:

Concentration check vs. possible damage (1d20+7=11)

Move Hopefully the bugger's used up its AoO, so Eanos will move to I18, flanking with Elenka (he's wearing a cestus, so he threatens in melee even with the bow in hand, I believe). [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 33/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (1/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim looses his great axe and pauses to allow Eanos to work his magics, a little surprised that his legs do not fill with speed. He simply shrugs as the dinosaur in front of him appears ready to continue its attack.

Fulgrim allows the slight pain of the wound to draw him into his rage as the muscles in his arms tense and his mind sharpens on the near moment, the battlefield moving into a tunnel vision of the task at hand. He makes a massive overhanded swing towards the dinosaur in front of him, attempting to drive it into the ground.

[sblock=OOC]

Thanks for the thoughts Qik. She was released from the hospital late last week, re-admitted Monday night and back home again as of yesterday! Crazy times!

Fulgrim will have to suffer the AoO when he draws. But that should keep Eanos from drawing an AoO when he casts.

Fulgrim slips into a rage and power attacks the dinosaur at H:17.

Raging, Power Attack -- 1d20+11=12

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Raging AC (and charging): 14
HP: 54 Current: 52 (RAGING HP 62 Current: 60
CMB: +8 CMD: 19 Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 2/--

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+6/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 62 Current: 60
CMB: +10 CMD: 19 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Rage: 16/17

MW Greataxe +11 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The dinosaur shrieks as Audra's blows strike home. Shifting its weight, the creature kicks out with one of its razor-sharp talons. The talon manages to find its way through Audra's magical protection, and she gasps in pain as it catches her in the side, opening a viscous wound.

As Drev struggles with the horses, Eanos attempts to provide some of his own divine aid to Fulgrim. Heedless of the danger, he brazenly begins to call upon a spell. The injured dinosaur seizes the opportunity to lash out its foot-talon once more, catching the stern young man in the forearm. Wincing, Eanos' concentration falters, and he loses the energies he'd been accumulating. Ignoring the stinging pain, he moves to hem in one of the creatures.

"Raptors!" yells Elenka, "They're some kind of raptors!" Eyeing the third raptor at the edge of the clearing, she says, "Watch out for their speed!"

As if in illustration of her point, the raptor bolts towards the group. Flying past the terrified, but not overly-panicking horse, the deinonychus leaps at Fulgrim, talons and fangs extended. The creature lets these fly in a natural corollary of Audra's honed prowess. The dwarf takes some serious wounds, but in the fog of war, hardly notices them.

[sblock=Round Summary]Wow, those were some rough rolls gang. I suppose I can thank you for at least making it interesting. :p

All of Audra's rolls were successful. Her dino is reeling, but still up.

That dino landed its hit on Eanos (4 damage), who failed his concentration check and loses the spell. jk, from my reading of the Defense ability, you have to spend it without knowing whether it will negate the attack, so I'm currently considering Eanos to have spent one use of Determination. Let me know if you disagree with me on that; this is the first I've encountered that ability, so I'm still learning.

Drawing a weapon doesn't provoke, at least according to the chart on this page, so Fulgrim and Elenka should be fine on that front.

Fulgrim takes a total of 18 damage from the two raptors. AC 14 is a bad combination with pouncing natural attackers!

I zoomed in a little to hopefully make things clearer. Let me know if anyone wants me to zoom out/move out of the provided radius.[/sblock][sblock=Updated Status]Audra: 20/30 HP
Eanos: 25/29 HP, expended one 1st level spell, expended one use of Determination
Fulgrim: 42/62 HP

Dino 2: Moderately Wounded[/sblock]

Attachments

• Woods.jpg
    Woods.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra tries to reposition herself as Drev relieves her of the burden of the reigns. Her instinct is to look back at the horses as they have an argument with Drev, a moment of distraction that costs her as her side is sliced open like a fresh ham. She winces and grimaces in pain as her shirt is ripped and blood does a little more than ooze forward. Undaunted the Monk sets her right foot and glares back at the raptor. Not even speaking a traditional taunt, she lashes out with her now freed hands.

The Raptor sees her left hand coming just a second too early for Audra to make contact, it's head dodging to the side. Unfortunately for the Raptor, as Audra's left hand sails straight through the spot where it's head had been, her right hand is coming down at it from an arch above, slamming into the top of the Raptor's bloodied head with a satisfying thunk.

[sblock=action]Attacking with Flurry of Blows, hands this time, at +7/+7[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

AC: 24* Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 19*
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +4 CMD: 22 Fort: +5 Ref: +9 Will: +7

In Hand:

Weapon: Unarmed Strikes
Attack: +8
Damage: 1d8+1
Crit: 20x2
Special: Flurry of Blows (+7/+7)
Type: Bludgeon

Ki Pool:
Remaining: 7

* - Mage Armor in effect, cast by Elenka
[/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim ignores the talon strikes as he presses his attack against the one still in front of him. He makes a broad swing with his great axe towards the speedy dinosaur.

[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim's AC should have been a 16, I had left a raging and charging AC in his mini-stat blocks. No big deal though, that was my fault and what I get for not paying closer attention to my mini-stats!

Attacking H:17.

Raging, Power Attack -- 1d20+11=27
Damage -- 1d12+15=23

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Raging AC: 16
HP: 54 Current: 52 (RAGING HP 62 Current: 42
CMB: +8 CMD: 19 Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+6/20/x3)

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 62 Current: 42
CMB: +10 CMD: 19 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Rage: 16/17

MW Greataxe +11 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Fulgrim's AC should have been a 16, I had left a raging and charging AC in his mini-stat blocks. No big deal though, that was my fault and what I get for not paying closer attention to my mini-stats!

Yeah, I had wondered about that. I wasn't sure if it meant "raging or charging." The reason I took it to be true was that he has the Reckless Abandon rage power. I'd assumed that was automatically factored in.

I'm fine going back and retconning it; would need to have a look back over my notes, though.

AC 15 hits the Dinos, BTW; meant to mention that with the last post.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol shrugs his way through the milling mass of horseflesh to stand shoulder to shoulder with Audra. His oaken fist lashes out and impacts solidly with the raptor's skull. The force of his blow knocks the creature back five feet. His rumble of satisfaction greatly resembles a growl.

Elenka is not nearly as effective. Her strike is wild and misses the creature entirely.

[sblock=OOC]Drev:
If Drev has to drop reins to perform any of his actions he will, but he'd prefer to keep hold so he doesn't have to chase down the mounts after the battle.
5 ft step: to F15, or Move action if horses around him count as difficult terrain.
Standard: power attack dino: 1d20+8=24, 2d6+13=23, hit AC 24 for 23 dmg. Yay!
Push: 1d20+9=25, assuming vs. CMD 25 is a success. I'll edit if not.

Elenka:
Standard: attack, 1d20+5=6, 1d8+1=9 even adding flanking that I forgot to add into the roll, miss.[/sblock]

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Maintaining his grip on the pair of reins in one hand, Drevezh'Korol steps forward and delivers a massive blow with his other. Already reeling from another of Audra's strikes, the raptor is wholly unguarded, and the wood-being's assault levels it: it flies shortly through the air, landing in a cloud of dust and forest debris, unmoving.

Nearby, but cocooned in his own battle-wrath, Fulgrim makes a second swing at the raptor before him, this time striking home successfully: his greataxe cuts a powerful swath across the raptor's chest, causing the creature to shriek out in pain. A few inches' difference and he would have decapitated the creature completely. As it is, the wounded creature continues to press its attack, now motivated by survival as much as hunger.

[sblock=Mid-round Summary/OOC]Dino 2 is down for the count. Dino 1 is moderately wounded.

Eanos to act to close out the round.

IW, I reimbursed Fulgrim 5 HP; that AC difference was enough to knock off one of the raptor blows. Every little bit helps![/sblock][sblock=Current Status]Audra: 20/30 HP
Eanos: 25/29 HP, expended one 1st level spell, expended one use of Determination
Fulgrim: 47/62 HP

Dino 1: Moderately Wounded
Dino 2: Dead[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]
jk, from my reading of the Defense ability, you have to spend it without knowing whether it will negate the attack, so I'm currently considering Eanos to have spent one use of Determination. Let me know if you disagree with me on that; this is the first I've encountered that ability, so I'm still learning.

I'm pretty new to it, as well, but yours is probably the intent, so works for me.[/sblock]

Eanos swears as he loses his spell, but has little time to dwell on the fact. As Drev and Audra make quick work of one dino, and Fulgrim's slash draws the attention of the one closest to Eanos, the archer decides to fall back to his more mundane skills.

Stepping out of reach of the lizard, Eanos sights down his bow. "Right in the gullet, yes?" he whispers. With a wet thunk, the arrow sinks deep into the point where the raptor's neck meets its shoulder. Eanos says nothing, but there's a clear gleam of pride as he sees his handiwork.

[sblock=ooc]Free 5' step to J19
Standard Longbow attack vs. Dino 1. PBS (+1 attack/ damage) and Deadly shot (-1 attack / +2 damage).

Point Blank Deadly Aim Longbow attack; Damage (1d20+7=24, 1d8+5=13)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 32/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 1/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (1/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases