[LPF] Ties that Bind

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra stands there, watching with satisfaction as the 3rd raptor falls. She holds her pose a moment before smoothly sliding her legs back together again. She then heaves a huge sigh and winces a her side reminds it her got cut. She finally looks down and rolls her eyes.

Oh, great! Just great! I *really* need to start carrying a needle and thread with me. Either that or find clothes that don't tear.

With her own injury not looking as bad as it might have felt, she turns her attention to the others.

Everyone oh....

She gets a look at Fulgrim just as Drev speaks to him

Ow.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]lol. I'd forgotten about the horses' training, as well.[/sblock]

"Got this one," Eanos says. Even as Audra was assessing her injury, Eanos slipped his bow back into his magical quiver and drew his wand. He whispers something under his breath and touches the wand to her wound, which settles into a much smaller scratch.

"Think you'll need a few more of these, Fulgrim, yes?" Eanos adds with gentle humor as he repeats the process three more times with Fulgrim, until the nasty-looking tears in dwarven flesh recede to something more akin to a rowdy bar fight.

The human servant of Issolatha turns his green eyes to his own wound, but slides the wand back into his belt for now. "Won't even be able to tell that's there in the morning," he asserts. He gives a flick of one of his wrists, then, and a dagger snaps into his hand with the twang of a spring firing.

"Now, anyone know if lizard meat makes for good eating?" he adds with a cockeyed grin.

[sblock=ooc]4 charges on the injured:

CLW 1x Audra, 3x Fulgrim (1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=4, 1d8+1=9)

Audra's healed 5; Fulgrim's healed 20. If either of you want another hit with the wand, feel free to roll it and I'll deduct it in my next post.

Eanos is only down 4, which is one night's natural healing, so I'm not going to worry about that for now.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 1/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (1/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim watches as the last of the dinosaurs falls dead, then slips out of his rage. His shaven head covered in droplets of sweat and shade of red. The head of his axe falls to the ground as he leans heavily on it, his breathing much more ragged than it was during the course of battle. Blood streams from numerous wounds on the dwarf from the raptors vicious and speedy attacks.

Fulgrim nearly seems taken aback when Drevezh'korol speaks to him. Fulgrim nods, wiping some of the blood from his beard on the back of his arm D'ose things were fast. Hard to git da meat of me axe into dem!"

Fulgrim grins sheepishly at Eanos as he comes close to use the wand of healing on the battered dwarf. Soon the wounds bind themselves together as the bleeding slows and the dwarf's energy returns. "Thank ye' Eanos. Dey was quick!"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra raises her arm so Eanos can have a good shot at her side. The wound heals well, though not entirely. Audra gives a nod.

I hope you don't have to use that thing too often. Thank you.

She crosses to her horse, but doesn't mount, instead rubbing it's mane as she watches Fulgrim get attended to. Audra smiles at the Dwarf comments on the speed of the now dead raptors.

They were fast, but we were faster, perhaps not of body, but certainly of mind.

She then looks at Drev.

I have to start working out with you. I'd love to be able to knock an opponent backward like that.

The grin is fairly playful, though there is a hint of seriousness in her comment. To Elenka, she wiggles her eyebrows a couple of times.

Qik

First Post
The group collects themselves, each dealing with the task of weening off adrenalin in their own way. Once healed, they move forward, leaving the remains of the would-be predators behind them.

The group enters the clearing up ahead. As they move further into it, they notice a few worn trails at its edges: signs that the raptors have been hunting here for some time.

Re-entering the woods, a little further on the group arrives at a small hill which forms into an overhang on its underside. There, amid the forest detritus, lies a veritable mound of bones: likely the remains of the raptors' prey. Most of these seem to be forest creatures - raccoon, deer, a few nutria - but they group can make out a few humanoid forms as well. Most of the remains are picked clean to the bone, but a few seem to be relatively fresh. One pair in particular seem to be in relatively intact: an elderly dwarf and a younger one. The group move in for a closer inspection...

[sblock=Fulgrim]Fulgrim recognizes the crest on the younger man's shield as belonging to the Deepvaults, a clan of prominence, if not prestige, from his home stronghold.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]All: massive apologies for the failure to post these last few days. Like I said in the group thread, RL is just kicking my butt right now! Should be able to keep up for the next week or so before I hit the road again, though.

Thanks for your patience and understanding![/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim exclaims as he recognizes the crest on the shield saying in a low voice to the others "Deepvaults. The crest on de shield dere is of de Deepvaults from ma own stronghold."

He starts to quicken his pace before his instincts stop him, pausing in his step he looks about for anything that might also be watching this mound of bones. If things look okay he will approach the pile again and examine the two fallen bodies closer, checking for any signs of life or trying to judge how long the bodies have been there.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception Check -- 1d20+8=23

[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra's heart drops like their ship did when transporting at the sight of humanoid bones. She closes her eyes, a prayer that Alecks' bones not be within the pile quickly said. She hands the reigns of her horse to Drev with a polite request and joins Fulgrim.

Wonder if it's the raptors that got them. If so at least their spirits have been avenged.

That said, she can't help her eyes from wandering amongst the skeletal pile, looking for anything that might indicate a human in the pile.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol takes the reins from Audra as she moves forward to look for evidence of Alecks. Elenka stays seated on her horse and watches grimly as Fulgrim and Audra examine the bone pile more closely.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
With the coast appearing clear, Fulgrim and Audra move in to take a closer look at the remains.

Although clearly dead from multiple slash wounds, Fulgrim can determine little else from the conditions of the bodies. Audra seems to think that they're a few weeks old - more mummified than rotten, kept dry underneath the overhanging hill - but she can't tell much else. The redheaded monk begins to look for any signs of a body that could be Alecks': she doesn't see any, but she's not entirely certain of her own conclusions.

Fulgrim kneels alongside the fallen dwarves to inspect them further. He recognizes the elder figure as the brother of the clan-leader: an arcanist, if he recalls correctly. Hard to forget, as there were many wizards where he came from. He finds a bag, its contents mostly unharmed, still on the old dwarf's shoulder. The one that remained fully attached, that is.

Fulgrim doesn't recognize the other dwarf, although he clearly served as a brawny counterpart to the elder's brains. Leaning in, Fulgrim's eyes widen as he catches sight of a metallic glint sticking out from underneath the dwarf. Propping up the fallen youth respectfully, Fulgrim exposes a large greataxe, still strapped to his back. Although weapon craft is not Fulgrim's expertise, the blade is clearly of impressive make: he eyes it appreciatively, respecting its lethal capabilities and musing on the fact that the youth wasn't even given enough warning to wield it in his defense. All of the group members consider the fact that their encounter with the raptors, harrowing though it was, could have been much worse indeed.

[sblock=OOC]Overall, you find among the bodies:
- 1 unidentified Greataxe
- 3 unidentified potions
- 1 unidentified scroll
- 30 GP worth of gems.

I rolled Heal and Appraise checks for Fulgrim and Audra (heal to inspect the bodies' conditions, appraise in looking at the weapons). Feel free to make any other applicable rolls. [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim relays what he knows about the bodies to the others. "I wonder what day were wanderin' out by demselves fer? Looks like dey din't even see what got 'em fer it was too late." Fulgrim adds, shaking his head.

Fulgrim studies the weapon carefully, looking for any markings of the original crafter or other hints to its origin. He hefts it in his hand a few times, admiring its perfect balance. "If'n ye don't mind I feel dis weapon is a match fer me unless we find de rightful owners, de kin of dis young dwarf."

"We should return dese dwarves back to de earth and mark 'em so their ken can find 'em." Fulgrim adds as he stands looking about the clearing for a suitable place to bury the two dwarves.

Remove ads