[LPF] Ties that Bind

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos raises and eyebrow as the otherworldly tree man seems to find something which is unreal even to his planestouched eyes. Not wanting to let the others get too far away, though, he leaves Drev to his musings and follows his female companions. His keen ears pick up on Elenka's suggestion, and he smiles.

"You know, I'm going to stop believing all dwarves don't look alike if this keeps up," he says with a playful wink to Fulgrim.

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra looks at the Dwarf, her mind trying to figure out how he managed to get here before them. Her brain is in the middle of conjuring a fantastic scene or another when Elenka's nudge draws her back to the here and now. She blinks and eyes the summoner for a moment before the smile on the woman's face makes one spread across her own.

"I'd be willing to bet the shirt off my back on it. Not that this thing is worth much right now. I think we can find out. We will just have to be respectful. This shrine is not something to trifle with."

She looks to her two male companions for their thought, then looks around before spotting Drev standing a few steps behind them. She questions Elenka.

"You know it's something when it can make him just stand there and take in the scene before him."

The smile returns, along with a small bit of the playful light in her eyes that has been absent lately. She turns and approaches the shrine carefully and respectfully, unsure about interrupting the Dwarf before her curiosity finally gets the better of her. She speaks to him in a low, steady and respectful voice.

"Please forgive the interruption, but would you by chance be related to the Stonehelms?"

Qik

First Post
If the inwardly-preoccupied dwarf is surprised to find that he is not alone in visiting Alluramith Tor this early morning, he is absolutely thrown by Audra's leading question, despite the gentleness of her delivery. "Uh, excuse me, miss?" he stammers, trying to bring his mind fully back to the external world. "Why, 'um, yes, in fact, I'm a Stonehelm meself." You get the sense that normally this fact would be stated with a certain amount of pride, but the dwarf's distraction seems to have kept him from giving it its full due. Wiping his brow with folded cloth he held in-hand, he says, "How'd yer ever know that?"

Waiting for a response, he nods a greeting of mutual dwarfdom to Fulgrim as he draws closer.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra chides herself internally for interrupting the dwarf. Hind sight is usually blessed with great clarity. Committed, she continues in her previous respectful tone.

"My friends and I have had the pleasure of meeting Fenrick Stonehelm and I saw in you a family resemblance. I apologize for interrupting. But I wonder if we might have just a moment of your time. We are looking for someone who we believe to have passed through here. He's my brother and has been missing. The last reliable information I have is that he came here and was seen near the tower."

If the Dwarf is willing to oblige, she will share a description of Alecks, including anything she might have noted had changed as of the vision from how she remembers him.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Not wanting to overwhelm the already-flummoxed dwarf, Eanos stays back, letting Audra handle the interaction with the dwarf for now.

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol sighs deeply and shakes himself from the brief trance that seemed to take him. He looks around for the others and sees they have moved on approaching the dwarf and engaging him in conversation.

Elenka stands at the midway point between the rest of the group where they speak with the dwarf and Drevezh'korol. She looks back at the oak-man with a questioning look on her face. She doesn't want to interrupt the conversation but she is clearly interested in knowing why Drevezh'korol was so fascinated with the tower.

When Drevezh'korol joins her the two step forward to join the others. They listen as Audra talks to the dwarf. Elenka elbow Drevezh'korol in the ribs and mutters, "Ha! Told you he was a Stonehelm."

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The dwarf chuckles in spite of himself, and his preoccupied demeanor is momentarily broken with a smile. "Fenrick, eh? Well I 'ope ye won't hold it against me," he rejoins. "Galin Stonehelm, pleased ter meet ya." He shakes each of the party members' hands in greeting, although he seems to regard Drev a bit tentatively. Galin then listens as Audra explains the group's search and describes Alecks to him.

When she finishes, Galin responds carefully. "Hmm. I'm sorry ter say that I 'aven't seen a fellow who matches your description, missy. I run an inn in town, one of the few around here, and I'da likely seen 'im if he passed through here. You sure ye got your information correct?" he asks with raised eyebrows.

Audra feels her pulse quicken at the idea of being off-track after so much travel.

[sblock=Elenka]Elenka gets the strong sense that Galin is lying about having never seen anyone matching Alecks' description. She senses that his deception is born primarily from a suspicion of the group's motives.[/sblock][sblock=Eanos]Whether through the silent whispering of his Lady, his years of well-honed suspicion, or the two acting in concert, Eanos is certain both that the dwarf is lying about having never seen Alecks, and that his lies are well-intentioned, born more of a suspicion of the group than anything else.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka glances over at Eanos to see if he noticed the same thing in the dwarf's countenance that she did. She tries to smile and reassure the dwarf and shoos Drevezh'korol back a bit.

"Galin Stonehelm, it is a pleasure meeting you. And fortuitous as well, I suspect. I am Elenka Danyllova, most recently from Venza, but before that raised in the foothills of the Seithr Mountains. Audra and I have traveled across the Landadel Baronies and back and we have become good friends. The disappearance of her brother..." She shakes her head as if incapable of explaining the emotional effect of such an event. "If you have even the slightest bit of knowledge about her brother, insignificant as that knowledge might be to you, it would mean much to Audra and it would put us one step closer to reuniting a family." She hesitates to see if her words have any effect on the dwarf.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim senses that Elenka is trying to gain more information from the dwarf, perhaps suspecting the dwarf is holding back some information. "Aye good dwarf, I assure you we mean Aleck's no harm, simply 'is safe return. Dese are good folk or I wouldn't be travelin' wit dem."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases