[LPF] Ties that Bind

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=EFP]
"Aye, I be ready." Fulgrim replies, tapping the haft of his axe.

Upon receiving the scroll, Fulgrim barely pays attention to it and hands it to Eanos, "I trust ye be gettin' more use from dis then meself."

[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim just got his 4th level approval finished, so he is all official and ready to go.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=AE&D]
OOC: Hey, Artur. Could you avoid using the italics tag on all your non-speaking text? A little is ok but I find large blocks of italics text difficult to read.

Elenka stands quietly staring at the dragons. "White dragons. I've heard plenty of tales from where I grew up at the foot of the Seithr Mountains... Drevezh'korol should see this."

Her blank expression hides her feelings about the dragons but it seems likely that she isn't too pleased with the discovery. She turns and makes her way through the hold back up onto the deck to retrieve Drev and take him below.

Once below Drevezh'korol looks at the dragons with a distant, though discerning eye. "They're too warm but it won't kill them."

"If it helps, Captain, Drevezh'korol can take over their care for the protection of your crew. Where were you to deliver them? The dragons, I mean, not your crew."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Elenka: Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20+5=25
Drev: Heal (for above blocks): 1d20+14=33
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]Eanos shares his own slightly-forced chuckle to match Phedilo's.

"Always hope, never assume, little firiend," he returns.

Upon receiving the scroll, Fulgrim barely pays attention to it and hands it to Eanos, "I trust ye be gettin' more use from dis then meself."

Eanos nods, and adds Fulgrim's scroll to his own. "We need either of these, you'll be the first one to get eyes for smashing," the inquisitor assures his dwarven comrade as he stores both scrolls in his bag. Then he turns his attention back to Phedilo, crosses his arms, and raises an eyebrow.

"All right. That out of the way, think maybe it's time to fill us in on the next rock we're rolling with, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Couldn't resist, anachronisms be damned. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 17/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock][/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Elenka/Audra/Drev]Captain Hwuzel seems both surprised and relieved by Elenka's offer to have Drev take over the responsibility of the dragons. "Hwuzel would appreciate that immensely, madam! They are for the most part not a problem, but come feeding time, when their muzzles must be removed, it is hard for the crew to avoid their frost-breath. Hwuzel was beginning to fear mutiny because of this." You doubt the captain means this literally, but the message is clear enough.

"Hwuzel is to deliver these dragons to a buyer in Venza. Hwuzel doubts he will be pleased, as he expected to be receiving eggs, not dragons, but that is not a matter Hwuzel is responsible for. Hwuzel just wants the damned things off his ship before someone gets eaten. Even the white ones are cunning creatures."

Hwuzel spends a few moments watching the dragons before adding, "Is there anything Captain Hwuzel can do to make the space more comfortable for you and your wood-man?"

[sblock=Elenka's dragon info]Based on what she's heard, Elenka can confirm that these dragons are indeed wyrmlings. She imagines their predilection for frozen prey, which are largely absent aboard the Rascal, explains why these seem slightly undernourished.

Beyond that, she's aware of their breath weapon (which at this age does not pose too much of a threat), their immunity to paralysis and sleep magics as well as cold, and their distrust of and weakness to fire.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I'm going to be entering fast-forward mode again shortly, so if you can give me a basic itinerary of how you'll be watching the dragons, that would be much appreciated.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Fulgrim & Eanos]Phedilo's eyebrows arch as Fulgrim taps his axe. "As I said, Master Fulgrim, I sincerely believe that you will not be in need of your weapons on this morning: it is my hope that this will, in fact, be an unnecessary precaution. I wouldn't have asked for your help at all had my friend not been so insistent." Phedilo pauses to reflect on that thought a moment before rising.

"I will be happy to shed some more light on the stone in question on our way to the docks," Phedilo says as he heads out the door. The pair follow, and soon find themselves enjoying the early morning Venzan sun. Phedilo sets what amounts to a brisk pace for a halfling, though to Fulgrim and Eanos it's more of a casual saunter.

"Well, yes, the stone..." begins Phedilo with his trademark edge of nervousness. "Really, it's nothing, really; like this afternoon's outing, I hope I am just being overly cautious."

"I have long been interested in the subject of their stones: both their creator and their abilities are personal interests of mine. Several months ago, after much research, I felt I had definitively concluded the location of another stone. While this new stone serves as a gateway in a comparable manner to the stone you so kindly helped to defend, the nature of its destination remains debatable. In any case, I was quite eager to obtain this stone for matters of personal research, and so I hired someone to retrieve it for me."

Phedilo frowns. "I have not heard from the individual since he left on his journey. Normally, I would have more patience - he was traveling far south, to the Sethirs - but now that I know the Ears are on the hunt to obtain such items, I worry that they may be the source of his delay." Phedilo glances at the pair nervously. "I was hoping you two would be willing to see if you could track down the man I had hired to retrieve the stone and confirm that it has not fallen into the wrong hands."

[sblock=OOC]IW, would you mind placing your posts in a statblock? I know it's kind of a pain, but we'll be graduating from them soon.[/sblock][/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=EFP]"You know, Phedilo, every time you say something's 'nothing,' the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up," Eanos says, half-joking. Whether in response to Phedilo's assurances or just a regular part of his preparation, Eanos reaches in his belt pouch and sets the pair of ioun stones there back to their orbits

"Okay, so you need us to track someone down," he says, changing the subject. "Got some basic tracking skills, so seems like something I could give a shot.

"Now, about that 'debatable destination' bit ..."
the archer says, raising an eyebrow. "You seemed pretty sure this one wasn't flighty like the chaos rock. Leads me to think you've got a few theories on where it goes, then, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Silver-tongue augmented Sense Motive. Take 10 for 26. Just in case the little guy's still holding back out of fear we'll back out. :) [/sblock]

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=AE&D]Elenka continues to examine the wyrmlings from a distance. She frowns as she contemplates the heavy rope muzzles. Motioning with one hand she brings the subject up to the Captain.

"Captain, are those muzzles necessary? There's enough rope there that the poor things can barely lift their heads. And when do they prefer to eat?"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]SOP: when Elenka finds out when the dragons eat she'll volunteer for that watch time. She'll stay awake then and let Audra take the opposite watch so that we always have at least a pair of eyes of the dragons. Can't have them getting into mischief.

Each morning Elenka will summon Drev & give him Extended Mage Armor. Whenever feeding time or any other time he has to interact with the dragons up close and personal minus the muzzles she'll cast Evolution Surge and give him Resistance to cold 5.
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Eanos & Fulgrim]Phedilo nods, only too happy to expound; he seems not to notice Eanos' earlier jibe. "Yes, Master Eanos, but they are only theories, so I caution you not to place too much stock in them."

"From what I understand about this wizard - his name was Endrerdne, by the way - he was a completist: when he undertook a project, he resolved to exhaust its potential. Now, the chaos stone is connected to the corresponding vertex along the Moral Path: from what I know of Endrerdne, he wouldn't limit himself to accessing a limited portion of that Path, but rather, endeavor to connect to its other elements as well. I am already aware of the existence and location of the stone connecting to the Neutral Vertex; the stone of law, however, has yet to be rediscovered. Depending on how you interpret it, there is evidence to suggest that the stone I am currently pursuing is indeed the missing lawful stone."

Phedilo takes a moment to think, and then continues. "I believe this to be the most likely case, but there are other possibilities as well. Endrerdne is known to have created a stone which connects to the Celestial Vertex; for the reasons I have already mentioned, I also believe he created an accompanying stone accessing the Infernal Vertex, which is also currently unaccounted for. Now, I do not believe the stone I am currently pursuing to be that stone..." Phedilo stops for a moment, shuddering. "In fact, I hope that stone has been lost forever. But I would be remiss if I did not mention the possibility. From there," Phedilo waves his hand, "there are other possibilities and theories, but those are the most likely of the bunch."

Eanos gets the sense that Phedilo isn't intentionally holding back anything from them. While he was and remains uncomfortable with asking potentially so much of them, at this point, he seems to have taken their willingness to aid him at their word. Any curtailing of details is likely to come from a life-long series of requests for less information instead of more of it. Thus is the curse of the academic.[/sblock]
[sblock=Elenka/Audra/Drev]Captain Hwuzel nods, eying the dragons dispassionately. "Aye, the muzzles are necessary, otherwise the dragons would be blasting the cage bars with their frost-breath at every opportunity. I will not allow their removal." The Captain seems rather adamant about this, although then again, he seemed equally resolved to not reveal the dragons' presence to Audra and Elenka in the first place.

"The dragons eat when we feed them: they are not picky about when they eat, or what, for that matter." Hwuzel eyes Elenka sternly. "You would be wise to heed that, Lady Elenka: your wood-man is very strong, but these are dangerous creatures, however young."[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]Eanos nods to Phedilo's mini-lecture on the stones. He makes little comment other than to add the appropriate nods and "hmmm" s to show his continued interest. He files the information away, adding his own silent prayer that what they're seeking isn't any kind of Infernal stone.

"Forewarned and all that," Eanos says in response. "Appreciate knowing what we might be running into.

"So now, if you don't mind my asking, if we're heading south after the stone, what are we picking up from the docks today?"

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Eanos & Fulgrim]Phedilo waves his hand as if to dismiss the significance of today's charges in comparison to the stones. "Oh, today I am just picking up some odds and ends from a reliable supplier of mine, Captain Hwuzel: an ioun stone I was hoping to study, some rare books, and a few divinatory items for a client of mine. While not actually mundane, the level of excitement they induce should be about on that level."

After walking a bit in silence, Phedilo adds, "I appreciate your willingness to aid me in my endeavor to ensure the safety of Endrerdne's Stones, Masters Fulgrim & Eanos - your willingness goes well beyond the normal call of duty."[/sblock]
OOC: Just waiting on Artur to push the other group along.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases