[LPF] Ties that Bind - Page 45




+ Log in or register to post
Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 537
  1. #441
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    ψ Ignore Qik
    The group travels for the remainder of the day, and eats their cold, campfire-less dinner mostly in silence. At this point, there seems so little to say, so each resolves to keep to themselves, Eanos ever watchful, Audra preoccupied with dealing with her seething emotions, Fulgrim steady and silent, and Drevezh'Korol and Elenka walking quietly together.

    The second day brings more of the same, and as dusk begins to settle, the group must decide whether to approach in the dark or wait until first light.

    OOC
    First off: IronWolf, my most heartfelt wishes to you and your family. I hope things improve on that front. Thanks for continuing to check in on something as small as a game in light of such serious concerns.

    And thanks for the support, folks: I'll stop bringing it up. And it is nice that we all seem to at least be getting bogged down at the same time (the "same time" part, that is, not the bogging).

    Don't mean to belabor your approach, but assuming you're going to make your move at night (full night; the sun will completely set by the time you reach, although it's a full moon (got a good random role there, folks), so that should help on the visibility front), I'll need instructions on how you plan to proceed. For now, you're still in the woods, although you're about an hour from the marked site and uncertain of what conditions will be like there.

 

  • #442
    ooc
    I'm going to do a bit of historical fluff for Audra here, just to sort of really set her state of mind. Anyone wants to comment on it in the current go for it, RP is fun. She's not going to be much for conversation, I think Drev senses that.


    Audra walks along in the dark in silence. Her hands clenching now and then into fists. As the first night descends, she gets restless as the party sets up it's fireless camp and she steps away a few paces, though still within sight of the camp, and sets about doing something Elenka would remember from their time onboard ship. Although her motions as she goes through exercises are decidedly different than the balance and grace she worked on, perhaps as much to drive the sailors into a froth as for her own good, she still does look graceful. Her motions are short, sharp and precise. While others are finishing their cold meals she works kicks, punches and who knows what else. Finally, after about half an hour of this, her hair matted to her back, neck and shoulders from the sweat and her chest heaving from the exertion, she drops to a crouch. Without a sound she springs upwards and brings her hands up over her head. With one smooth swing, both hands drop in exact time, slamming into the ground simultaneously, Audra landing in almost that same crouch. She holds this again before doing a sweep as if going for a leg.

    The second evening as the crew approach their destination, her restlessness is evident in the set of her shoulders. Even her pace is uneven. Her body is one big tense muscle, as if it was all her mind and will could do to keep her body from running forward and engaging the enemy. As the pace slows her manner is still reserved. She has spoken maybe a dozen words since leaving the cabin, most of those spoken out of politeness.

    "This is it. Should I go see if they are still in the camp? Or would someone else like to go, to ensure that our presence isn't immaturely given away?"
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #443
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,511

    ψ Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    "Not sure I want anyone wandering off on their own," the inquisitor says. "If we're going to scout, Let me come with you. Just a second, though..."

    He pulls off the glove on one hand, springing his wrist sheathe to access his dagger. A quick, practiced movement pricks his finger with the tip of the blade, where a small drop wells up as the servant of secrets returns the dagger to its sheathe.

    Eanos reaches into his pouch then, where he retrieves a tiny pinch of brownish power, which he mixes with the blood drop between his bare thumb and forefinger. As he draws a dark stripe down the length of his nose, Eanos whispers, "Share the hound's secrets with me, Lady."

    The taciturn tracker pulls his glove back on, then, sniffing deeply of the air a moment before nodding, satisfied.

    "Hopefully we'll smell 'em coming now," he offers by way of explanation.

    ooc
    Level up isn't approved yet, but Eanos added Bloodhound to his spells known as part of it. Figured this was a decent time to give it a whirl. Gains Scent, +8 perception on scent-based checks, +4 on Survival to track by scent.


    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav

    4th level stats below:
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 25
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Bloodhound (5 hours)

    In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

    Arrows: 31/33
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)

    Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe (-1 cast)
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #444
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    ψ Ignore Qik
    OOC
    So we have Audra and Eanos going to scout. I'm assuming everyone will at least pull closer with them (again, you're ~an hour's travel from the marked encampment), but will need to know if everyone will be closing in together, or whether Audra and Eanos will do a bit of scouting first.

  • #445
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    5,998

    ψ Ignore GlassEye
    Elenka eyes Audra and Eanos as they prepare to scout ahead. One delicate brow is arched in an expression that can only be interpreted as 'Oh, really?' Drevezh'korol clears his throat with a sound that easily resembles the sound of a tree limb breaking and he starts guiltily and sidles back towards the tree line.

    "I think scouting out the situation is a good idea but I'm afraid that the quickly falling darkness may, ah... make things difficult if you can't see well." She hesitates but reaches into her pack and withdraws a small silver figurine in the shape of a raven and hands it to Eanos.

    "If you get into trouble send this back to me. If it comes, we'll know things haven't gone as planned. The three of us will follow along but some ways back. Drevezh'korol is quiet in the woods and can see in the dark but I, alas, am not and cannot."

    __
    • • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 3/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:

  • #446
    ooc
    Where did we pause for this conversation, Qik? I'm considering her options and want to know if she's got lotsa trees to deal with between herself and their objective and such.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #447
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    ψ Ignore Qik
    OOC
    You're still in the woods, about an hour's journey from the encampment. Still lots of trees, and you certainly haven't seen any signs of that abating, although there's no way yet to tell how things might look closer to the camp.

    Right now it sounds as though Eanos and Audra will go ahead to scout once you get closer to the camp, with the others hanging back. I'll assume Fulgrim won't be scouting, since stealth isn't really his forte.

  • #448
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,511

    ψ Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Elenka eyes Audra and Eanos as they prepare to scout ahead. One delicate brow is arched in an expression that can only be interpreted as 'Oh, really?' Drevezh'korol clears his throat with a sound that easily resembles the sound of a tree limb breaking and he starts guiltily and sidles back towards the tree line.

    "I think scouting out the situation is a good idea but I'm afraid that the quickly falling darkness may, ah... make things difficult if you can't see well."
    "'Swhat the spelled up nose is for," Eanos offers. "Hoping they need a fire same as us, but if they don't..." he taps the side of his crimson-marked nose and smiles as his way of finishing the thought.

    She hesitates but reaches into her pack and withdraws a small silver figurine in the shape of a raven and hands it to Eanos.
    The self-exiled preacher nods, tucking the figurine into one of the smaller sections of his enchanted quiver.

    "Thanks much. Let's hope to get this back to you unused," he says. "'Tween Drev and Fulgrim, you outta see any trouble coming. Hopefully without us in tow."
    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav

    4th level stats below:
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 25
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours)

    In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

    Arrows: 31/33
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
    Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Unused

    Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe (-1 cast)
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #449
    Audra starts to look around while Elenka pulls out the trinket and hands it to Eanos. She takes a few steps and starts looking up the trees at the waning sky. She reaches out and touches the beefy trunk of one tree with a good set of branches and she smiles a little, which she hasn't done for days.

    Qik
    Like to try one of Audra's new tricks if I can. I would like to see if Audra can go most of the way up in this tree and look in the direction that the enemy camp is supposed to be and see if she sees any signs of a campfire or something in that direction. Might not be able to see anything, but with the night coming on it might be just dark enough and just light enough. And she gets a +5 from her level to her jump, and she can pop a Ki Point for more bonus if needed. Not to the very top of the tree, ,but find a nice tall one that gets her over the lower trees so she can see what she can see. Not sure how you want to do that. She could use the same trick coming down, too.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #450
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    5,998

    ψ Ignore GlassEye
    Elenka squints and peers long at Eanos' nose before nodding and letting a smile creep across her face.

    "Nice trick! Good; my fears are unfounded then. Be safe..." She looks up as Audra shimmies up the tree. "Well, as soon as Audra comes down and joins you."

    __
    • • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 3/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions:

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 59
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
    2. Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: Monday, 5th December, 2005, 09:22 PM
    3. Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th November, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 356
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th November, 2005, 07:20 PM
    5. Ties that Bind - Silverymoon (Rogues Gallery)
      By gabrion in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st November, 2005, 04:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •