[LPF] Ties that Bind

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim feels the sense of speed pulse through him and slips into a rage as he charges forward towards one of the larger fire elementals. He slashes at the fiery beast with his axe once he closes the distance.

[sblock=OOC]

Charge to D13

Attack, Great Axe, Includes Charge -- 1d20+15=25
Damage -- 1d12+9=21

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Raging AC: 16
HP: 80 Current: 80 (RAGING HP 92 Current: 92
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Damage Reduction: 3/--

MW Greataxe +11/+6 (1d12+6/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 92 Current: 92
CMB: +12 CMD: 23 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 2/--
Rage: 16/17

MW Greataxe +13/+8 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack of first attack
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Breaking out into the clearing, you gang up on one of the larger fire creatures. You do notice that your weapons are not nearly as effective as you might think. Must be because it is hard to actually cut or bruise fire.

FireElemental_zps3ea5e4dd.png

The smaller of the three heads straight at the archer, but misses Eanos with its fiery appendage.

The two larger ones focus on the group of you clumped together. Fulgrim is slammed hard with fiery fist, but the raging dwarf shrugs it off for the most part. However, he is in danger of catching on fire from the touch.

The third creature attacks the elusive monk and tags her with a fiery fist as well. But the protection of the spell keeps her safe from the flames.

OOC: Combat: Round 3
[sblock=Combat Information]You have learned the large Fire Elemental has DR5
Fire 1 missed Eanos
Fire 2 hit Fulgrim 12(-2DR) dmg & needs to roll Ref Save DC16 (See Burn)
Fire 3 hit Audra 9 dmg, additional fire damage resisted

Initiative:
You guys
Fire Elementals

Updated Map:

Map Notes:
1) Darker vegetation provides 20% concealment(Roll 1d100; 1-20 misses) for ranged attacks being bushes, 50% concealment for small creatures. Counts as difficult terrain
2) The wood colored circles are tree trunks. Provide cover
3) Squares with fire risk burning (1d4 fire dmg if fail Reflex 11 DC)

LPFTtBEnc01Map03_zps71aa1d01.jpg

Party Status
Code:
Audra:     38/47 HP remaining; 9 dmg
Eanos:     41/41 HP remaining;
Elenka:    44/44 HP remaining; 
Drevezh:   47/47 HP remaining;
Fulgrim:   70/80 HP remaining; (82/92 Raging); 5 dmg + 5 Fire Dmg & Burn potential

Spells Cast: Haste (5/6 rnds remain), Spiritual Weapon (5/6 rnds remain)
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect: Resist Fire 10 (Audra: 9 Rnds), Haste (+30 ft. move +1 Extra Attack when making full attack action; +1 Att/Dodge AC/Ref)(6 Rnds), Protection Judgment: Resist fire 4(Eanos), Weapon of Awe (Fulgrim) (+2 to damage rolls and enemy shaken one round on a crit), Fulgrim Rage (22/23 rnds remain)

Enemy Status:
Code:
Fire Elemental 1 (AC17/30HP)
Fire Elemental 2 (AC19/60HP(DR5/-)): 19HP remaining
Fire Elemental 3 (AC19/60HP(DR5/-))
[/sblock]
GM: Fulgrim was administratively moved to D14 since Audra already moved to D13. Also he could not charge with difficult terrain and allies in the way. I added the +2 for the Weapon of Axe to damage as well. Please see Burn for additional rolls required in the next round, IronWolf.

Audra hit 3 times (FF AC was 13) and I rolled the damage for her. But I am not sure how she gets Full Attack. If that's an error Fire Elemental 2 takes 5 less damage.

Everyone is up for Round 3.
[sblock=Burn]A fire elemental deals fire damage in addition to damage dealt on a successful hit in melee. Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn. A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Creatures that hit a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the burning creature and must make a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire. Fire Elemental 1 deal 1d6 burn damage, Fire Elementals 2 & 3 deal 1d8 damage. Please roll Reaction Save and 1d4 round duration. Failed save means burning and damage gets applied again at the beginning of the character's turn.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol, summoner and wood man

When Drevezh'korol's fist pounds into the fire elemental the creature's flames surge up around the wood man's fist. There is a crackle as the wood of Drevezh'korol's hand blackens and begins to burn. Drev grimaces in pain. "Whatever you are going to do, Elenka, you should do it soon!"

Elenka, muttering to herself, pushes deeper into the protection of the undergrowth and inadvertantly opens herself to attack from one of the elementals. She slaps at the fires but then tries to ignore them long enough to cast her spell on Drevezh'korol. When she finishes the eidolon's skin blackens as if burnt and his eyes glow like embers. She hopes that is enough to protect him from fire.

Drevezh'korol sees that the flames of the first elemental he attacked seem to be weakening. Expecting Fulgrim to be able to finish off the elemental Drevezh'korol turns to the other and unleashes his attacks upon it.

[sblock=Actions]Drev's previous round attack causes 1d8+2=3 points of damage to the eidolon.
Drev's Ref save to avoid catching fire: 1d20+3=12. I think that fails?
Continued burning: 1d4=3 rounds
Damage at beginning of this turn: 1d8=3

Elenka:
Move: to F15 (provokes AoO)
Reflex save (if necessary): 1d20+4=6; for 1d4=4 rounds
Standard: cast lesser evolution surge on Drevezh'korol granting Resist Fire 10 (duration: 6 minutes)

Drevezh'korol:
Full Round: Full Attack (slam w/H+PA) x2 on elemental #3: 1d20+11=31, 2d6+15=24, 1d20+11=24, 2d6+15=24[/sblock]

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 6
Initiative: +2 Perception: +8

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current AC: 17 (+1 dodge (haste))
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +7

In Hand:
Conditions: Hasted
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/4 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +8; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) Current AC: 25 (+4 mage armor, +1 dodge (haste))
HP: 47 Current: 41
CMB: +11 CMD: 23 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4 (+8 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armored, Hasted, Resist Fire 10[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah. I think when I did all of the attacks it was a case of I wasn't sure so I rolled them all to be sure. If she doesn't get them all after the movement and just gets her first (or second as well due to haste) then she doesn't hit the thing. [/sblock]

Audra finds herself surrounded on two sides by the heat of the flames. The one approaching from her right gives her quite a sizzling shot, causing the ends of the monks red hair to singe and smolder and causing quite an unpleasant feel on her skin. She turns on the new opponent even as Dev's wooden, branch like arms swing past her, slamming into the flaming beast. She attempts to follow his attacks with her own furious assault.
Her first two shots catch the thing while it still reels from Drev's attacks, though she can't tell if she hurt it or not. The third it has recovered and she finds it more difficult to hit. It's move is a bit arrogant, however, and her final swing of her right hand finds a satisfying thump on the creature, though again she cannot tell if she even really scratched it.

[sblock=actions]
Reflex save versus burn: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932939/">1d20+10=23</a>
Attack 1: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932942/">1d20+9=22</a>
Attack 2: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932944/">1d20+9=27</a>
Attack 3: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932946/">1d20+4=13</a>
*Attack 4: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932947/">1d20+9=25</a>

Damage 1: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932948/">1d8+1=5</a>
Damage 2: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932949/">1d8+1=4</a>
Damage 3: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932950/">1d8+1=9</a>
*Damage 4: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932951/">1d8+1=6</a>

Reflex Save vs burn for this round: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932952/">1d20+10=20</a>
[/sblock]

"Ow!"

[sblock=Ministats]
Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

AC: 21* Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +7 CMD: 24 Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +8 Movement: 80'* (50' base)

In Hand:

Weapon: Unarmed Strikes
Attack: +9
Damage: 1d8+1
Crit: 20x2
Special: Flurry of Blows (+9/+9/+4/+9*)
Type: Bludgeon

Ki Pool:
Remaining: 8

Effects on Audra
- Fire Resistance cast by Eanos Time Remaining: 8 Rounds

* - Hated by Elenka
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC] GE, Elenka doesn't suffer an AoO that I can see. Yes, the Large Fire Elementals do have reach, but the way cover is determined, Drev is providing cover to her so any AoO from movement gets negated.
[MENTION=46195]Art[/MENTION]ur, Actually, Audra hit with a 13 last round because of the Flatfooted AC being 13, so the damage was 2 after DR and my extra damage rolls are thrown out. Full Attack takes both Move Action & Standard Action, I was assuming there was a Monk issue that was exempting that since I was trusting you to be thoroughly familiar in knowing what your character is allowed to do in combat. Btw, Haste specifically says an Extra Attack is allowed when using Full Attack only, IIRC.

This round, AC of Large Fire Elements is now 19, so only 3 of Audra's attacks hit, unfortunately that is your best damage than gets tossed.

I recommend rolling attacks and damage together anyway, you can combine them in Invisible Castle with a ";" separating them. Then please use the BBCode entry provided by the sight that gives results and the link. I thought we settled that issue in Forge of Fury. ;)

For Fulgrim's turn, Drev ends up dropping Fire Elemental 2, Audra's 1 damage point is changed to Fire Elemental 3.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Cool. Sorry for the confusion. Trying to work on 3 hours sleep sometimes can cause one to auto pilot through things. At least I remember my 50 minute drive to work. :p

I want to ask again, if Audra's blows are considered magical for purposes of overcoming DR (even if it doesn't effect this case, I'd like to know) since she still has 1 or more Ki Points available to her, or if she has to actually use a Ki Point to have her blows considered as such. Anyone?

Thanks! [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Artur, that's basic Monk stuff. As long as you have one point unspent in your ki pool your unarmed attacks act as if they were magic for the purpose of overcoming DR.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Artur, that's basic Monk stuff. As long as you have one point unspent in your ki pool your unarmed attacks act as if they were magic for the purpose of overcoming DR.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Thank you, GE. :) I thought that was the case but wanted to make sure, since the way it is written could have left it open for interpretation. :) And this being my first Monk, that doesn't help. :p Appreciated.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim attacks the nearest fire elemental still near as the flames from the previous attack still burn. His rage carries him through the burning pain as he lets loose in a flurry of powerful axe strikes.

[sblock=OOC]

Reflex Save from Previous Attack 1d20+1=5

Fulgrim may need to take a 5' step to reach one of the elemental that is still standing.

Power Attack, 1d20+13=26
Damage(power attack, weapon of awe) 1d12+17=25
Power Attack, Hasted -- 1d20+11=30
Damage(power attack, weapon of awe) 1d12+17=22
Second Attack (non-haste) -- 1d20+6=21
Damage(power attack, weapon of awe) 1d12+17=24

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Raging AC: 16
HP: 80 Current: 70 (RAGING HP 92 Current: 82
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Damage Reduction: 3/--

MW Greataxe +11/+6 (1d12+6/20/x3)
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 92 Current: 92
CMB: +12 CMD: 23 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 2/--
Rage: 16/17

MW Greataxe +13/+8 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack of first attack
[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases