[LPF] Ties that Bind

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=AE&D]Drevezh'korol has somehow drawn the short straw and is below decks with the dragon young as the boat approaches Venza. He is ready to help the crew with the dragons when the time comes; he would pace but the space in the hold doesn't accommodate such action and he is forced to wait out the intervening time. Time that seems much longer now that the journey is nearly over. He sighs deeply and resumes waiting.

Elenka heads above, squints into the brighter light of day and shields her eyes with one hand as she peers towards the city that has inexplicably become her home.

"Erwahai in her Wisdom has brought us home."

The bustle about the boat is familiar but she doesn't want to get in the way and, catching sight of Audra performing her morning ritual, she joins the young monk but doesn't get close enough to interfere. Instead, she leans on the rail and watches as the city comes closer, span by span.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=A/E/D]Audra stands with her back to the wheel, eyes focused on the approaching outline of Venza. Despite the fact her gaze doesn't leave the approaching sight, she seems aware someone is nearby when she speaks.

It will be good to be home. This is quite a sight. My first time coming home by boat. Father used to take us out with him on occasion, though more often than not we sat on the edge of the dock or on the rocks and worked at the oysters he brought in. That view, that close, just isn't the same as this.

She turns her head to look over the rail of the boat to each side before sighing and looking around until she spots Elenka, leaning on the rail. She crosses over to where the Summoner stands and joins her.

Have you given any consideration on what you are going to do once we're back?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]Eanos chuckles.

"Why's it you never find a ship names something like 'Calm and Docile' or 'Solid Citizen'? " he quips as the trio begin searching the docks.

[sblock=ooc]No worries. We'll get there soon enough, and then I'm sure I'll pine for the uneventful walk to replace the fighting to the death. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 17/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock][/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Audra & Elenka]As Audra and Elenka relax and take in the ever-nearing sight of Venza, Drevezh'korol is met by a few crewmen in the cargo hold. The team works to apply some rigging to the top of the dragons' cage, presumably to hoist the cage out of the hold, and the canvas which had covered the cage is readied nearby to re-conceal the creatures when the time comes to move the cage off the ship.

Above deck, Captain Hwuzel continues to spur on the work efforts of his crew before moving downstairs to check on the preparation of the dragons.[/sblock][sblock=Fulgrim & Eanos]Phedilo smiles at Eanos' quip. "You've nothing to fear, Master Eanos, it's just a name that is well-suited to for its captain: Captain Hwuzel is truly a character. Aha!" Phedilo interrupts himself. "There's the Rascal now."

The halfling makes a beeline for a large ship (60 ft+) berthed at the far end of the docks. Its crew seems to be in the process of unloading cargo.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=AE&D]Below decks Drevezh'korol lends a hand in preparing the dragons' cage for transport taking orders from whatever crewman is in charge until the Captain comes down to oversee the work.

Above, Elenka watches the bustle as she stands next to Audra. She shakes her head at the monk's question. "No, I'm not sure what's next for us. I've enjoyed my time traveling and the time I've spent in Venza but I miss the forest. My thoughts keep being drawn to the Tenebrous Wood just south of Baron's Cross. I know Drevezh'korol would like to be back among the trees as well." She glances across at the woman who stands next to her. "And what about you?"

In Hand:
Spells:

Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]Eanos nods as Phedilo finds the ship, and turns to his dwarven companion.

"Guess the stroll's over, yes?" he says, following their employer to the vessel.[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 17/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
As the two red-headed women lean against the railing of the Rascal and watch the bustle of the docks and talk idling away the time until they can disembark, Elenka suddenly straightens and peers down towards a trio of figures moving towards the Rascal.

"Is that...? It is!"

Abruptly Elenka leaves her spot at the rail and dashes towards the gangplank. She brushes past a dockworker loaded down with the Rascal's cargo eliciting a bray of protest, bounces down the gangplank with her skirts held high (exposing quite lovely ankles), and runs up to the dwarf, throws her arms around him and gives him a big squeeze.

"Fulgrim Ironforge, you old dear! Last I saw you, you were covered in blood and gristle and stinking of corpses! And so was I! What fun! And now here you are; it is so good to see you again."

Her smile of pleasure at seeing her old adventuring companion is genuine and lights up the area.

OOC: Hope you don't mind I took the liberty to bring us together... If it's a problem I can edit.

In Hand:
Spells:

Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra blinks as Elenka reacts and then runs...fast. She shakes her head as the Summoner bounds down the ramp, nearly bowling over an approaching Dwarf. She can't help but laugh softly, shaking her head.

She's got to be part Monk.

She has another small laugh and sets about gathering her gear and seeks out the Captain to bid farewell, on her behalf and of Elenka, as well as to deliver thanks before debarking.

Qik

First Post
OOC: Not a problem. It actually makes my life easier in some ways...

Elenka's response to Fulgrim is cut short by the sound of frantic yelling coming from the direction of the ship. From their position on the docks, Elenka and the others look in search of the cause. A quick scan of the deck of the ship reveals nothing, but then Phedilo (the halfling accompanying Eanos and Fulgrim) murmurs, "Oh dear..." and points feebly into the sky above it. The others follow his finger and catch their breath at what lies at the other end of it, although Elenka is somewhat less shocked than Fulgrim and Eanos: a pair of white dragons, muzzles bound, circling over the ship, with a now-empty cage swinging on the ship's pulley nearby. The dragons do not look happy; the sunny weather likely doesn't help.

Audra emerges from below deck, gear slung over her shoulder, in search of Captain Hwuzel, when the shouting breaks out.

[sblock=OOC]The PCs won initiative, so you get to act first. Please note that the dragons are 15' above the ground/main deck, or 10' above the raised portions of the ship's deck at the extreme front or back (left or right, on this map). The others pictured are deckhands, and the squares with crates cannot be moved through. Think that covers it, but let me know if I missed something.

Also, Drev is currently below deck; he can get above in one full round, emerging at the space Audra currently occupies.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
docks.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim is enjoying the feel of the sea air on his shaven head as the trio approaches the ship known as the Rascal. As he stops near the foot of the gangplank, taking in the size of the ship he is startled as he sees the red-headed woman bouncing down the plank and rushing towards him.

His hand instinctively goes to the haft of his axe, but it only gets that far as he realizes who is bounding down towards him, a smile playing out across his beaded face. Even the stout dwarf braces himself for the big hug Elenka gives him, his face and even the top of his head turning a slight shade of red as the others look upon the welcoming.

Fulgrim gives a squeeze back, still a little embarassed at the attention. "Great ta see ye too Elenka! Ah yes! De corpses dat wanted ta move demselves!" Fulgirm replies. "Looks like we both cleaned up nicely!"

"Ye been sailin' I see?" Fulgrim continues. "I ain't made it much past dese docks just yet!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases