[LPF] Ties that Bind - Page 8





+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 537
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Height
    Oops again -sorry about that.

    Dragons are currently 80 ft above ground level.

 

  • #72
    Audra looks up at the mast, trying to measure it's height. Then back up, the dragons have gone up a lot further. She curses loudly, startling a crewman as he rushes by where she stands, headed for below decks. Coming to a decision, she hops from the raised part of the deck and heads back over to where she dropped the gear upon coming up from below. She roots around until she finds an old leather sling. Searching about finds a pouch of small sling balls. With this secured, she looks up and sees the dragons even higher. She quickly shrugs her backpack on and looks up again at the dragons, plotting angles.

    actions
    Audra moves back to D-16, now that Drev has moved to meet Elenka. She gathers gear and readies her sling.


    Ministats

    Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

    AC: 20 Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
    HP: 30 Current: 30
    CMB: +4 CMD: 22 Fort: +5 Ref: +9 Will: +7

    In Hand:

    Weapon: Sling
    Attack: +7
    Damage: 1d4+1
    Crit: 20x2
    Range: 50 ft
    Special:
    Type: Bludgeon

    Ki Pool:
    Points: 7
    Remaining: 7
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #73
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,773

    Ignore jkason
    Eanos sighs. "Of course they are," he mutters to himself as he moves swiftly up the dock. Carefully, he lines up his shot, judging wind and range, then lets loose his breath and bowstring at the same time.

    The human servant of Issolatha smiles slightly as his shot sinks home in the closest dragon's flank.

    Actions
    I've not used Maptools before. Is there a way to change the name of the icon to include altitude? So instead of "White Dragon 1" it would say "WD 1 + 80'" or something? Just a thought.

    Move: to O14
    Standard: Longbow attack vs. closest dragon. Looks like the elevation puts it at the second range increment, but even with the -2 to the attack, I think this hits:

    Justice longbow attack (2nd range increment); damage (1d20+6=22, 1d8+2=5)

    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Justice Judgement (+1 sacred to attacks)

    In Hand: +1 Composite Longbow

    Arrows: 15/17
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

    Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe

  • #74
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Recoiling at the arrow burying itself in its flank, the dragon's failure to scream is likely a product of its gag alone. Instead, the creature hastens upward even further, its companion following, and although at this distance it's difficult to see what they're doing, their trajectories don't seem to suggest any intent to flee.

    OOC
    The elegance of your suggestion makes me feel silly, jk. Much appreciated.

    Eanos' arrow does indeed hit.

    The dragons continue to climb; given the distance, no one was able to see what they're doing.

    PCs up. Also, forgot to mark Drev's altitude on this map; will do so on the next one.
    Map

  • #75
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,773

    Ignore jkason

    Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

    Eanos moves forward again, though he despairs he'll get within optimal distance until the dragons are good and ready for him. He lets loose another arrow, but the nearly-vertical nature of the shot makes it prone to a gust of wind that sends it tumbling back through the air to fall into the water.

    "Got a feeling those things are going to be unmuzzled before we can bring them down. Anyone got something to cut the chill I figure they'll be raining down on us?"

    Actions
    Move to G15 (Drev is 15' up, yes? So Eanos can occupy the space, I believe)
    Standard Longbow attack. Miss:

    Justice longbow attack (2nd increment); damage (1d20+6=13, 1d8+2=9)

    Arrow lost:

    Arrow lost? (saved under 50) (1d100=59)

    mini stats
    Eanos Setirav
    Initiative: +6
    AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

    Conditions: Justice Judgement (+1 sacred to attacks)

    In Hand: +1 Composite Longbow

    Arrows: 14/17
    Blunt Arrows: 20/20
    Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
    Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
    CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

    Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
    Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
    Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
    1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
    2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe

  • #76
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,396

    Ignore GlassEye
    Drevezh'korol continues to struggle to master his new wings. Powerful downstrokes propel the wood-man further upwards though he is in no way equal to the young dragons.

    Elenka groans her dismay both at the situation and at Drevezh'korol's airborne awkwardness.

    "It only works on Drevezh'korol and it's too late for that."

    The summoner racks her brains for something useful to do to help capture the dragons. Watching Drevezh'korol struggle in the air she shakes her head and mutters a quick word. The glowing rune on her forehead vanishes and Drevezh'korol disappears from the sky.



    OOC/Actions
    Made an error on Drev's movement. He can't ascend straight up (well, he can but isn't likely to make the Fly check) and must climb at a 45 degree angle which would have put him at D14 instead of G15.

    Elenka:
    Move: pass
    Standard: cast Shield dismiss eidolon
    EDIT: edited Elenka's action. If that's not ok, I'll change it back.

    Drevezh'korol:
    Full Move: from D14 to I11 (+30 ft. elevation = 45 ft. up) dismissed
    MiniStats
    Elenka Human Summoner 5
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

    AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

    In Hand:
    Spells:
    1st level: 4/5 remaining.
    2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
    Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
    Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

    Drevezh'Korol Eidolon
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

    AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
    HP: 38 Current: 38
    CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

    In Hand: --
    Conditions: Mage Armor
    Last edited by GlassEye; Tuesday, 1st May, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

  • #77
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Eanos' arrow fails to achieve the necessary altitude to threaten its target, and one of the crewmen takes it as a sign of things to come, retreating into the presumably safe decks below. Other members of the crew begin to come to life, some scrambling for cover with others yelling to each other trying to figure out what to do. A small gnome (Captain Hwuzel) comes scrambling up on deck shouting at anyone within hearing distance to "stop standing there and do something, darnit -Captain Hwuzel will have your hide if these dragons escape!"

    OOC
    Artur and IronWolf to act.

  • #78
    Audra watches the mad scramble. Luckily, with everyone heading for cover, there is room around her to start to swing. With the sling loaded, she spins it around to get speed and, aiming for one of the dragons, releases, hoping she has enough oomph to reach her target.

    Action
    Attacking with sling (I think she can do that now...A -2 penalty will be applied to her roll to account for the range, I count them at 85feet above the main deck, where she stands)


    Mini Stats

    Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

    AC: 20 Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
    HP: 30 Current: 30
    CMB: +4 CMD: 22 Fort: +5 Ref: +9 Will: +7

    In Hand:

    Weapon: Sling
    Attack: +7
    Damage: 1d4+1
    Crit: 20x2
    Range: 50 ft
    Special:
    Type: Bludgeon

    Ki Pool:
    Points: 7
    Remaining: 7
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #79
    Fulgrim looks up in the sky, the dragons floating quite high overhead as he glances at the sling in his hand. "Dey fear me axe! Dey come down 'ere an fight fair an' they be knowin' who to be 'fraid of!"

    "Bah!" Fulgrim bellows as he starts swinging his sling. He works with all his strength as he finally releases the sling stone high in the air.



    Mini Stats

    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
    AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
    HP: 54 Current: 54
    CMB: +8 CMD: 19 Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 2/--

    MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+6/20/x3)
    Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

    Current Weapon in Hand: Sling

    Fulgrim, Raging

    AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
    HP: 62 Current: 62
    CMB: +10 CMD: 19 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 2/--
    Rage: 17/17


    MW Greataxe +11 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
    Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack




  • #80
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Artur
    @Artur Hawkwing - the dragons are actually 160 ft above Audra, putting the range penalties at a much harsher -6. What do you think?

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 59
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
    2. Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: Monday, 5th December, 2005, 09:22 PM
    3. Ties that Bind OOC - Silverymoon
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th November, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt
      By gabrion in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 356
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th November, 2005, 07:20 PM
    5. Ties that Bind - Silverymoon (Rogues Gallery)
      By gabrion in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st November, 2005, 04:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •