[LPF] Ties that Bind

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=Qik]

I just copied Artur's range penalty, I am fine with the harsher penalty. Fulgrim just wants them to come down to axe range! ;)

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh, they're comin'... ;)

I was itching to get a post in, so I'm going to move it along. I'm not sure how I would feel about a retcon for Artur anyway, given he's seen his roll. Let me know if you object, AH, and we'll sort something out.[/sblock]Fulgrim and Audra release a pair of slingstones into the air. Both initially look to be good shots, but Audra's fails to have the height necessary to reach her target. Fulgrim's, on the other hand, manages to climb the full distance and still pack a punch: it slams into the dragon already wounded by Eanos' arrow with a crack that is heard on the ground despite the distance. This time, however, the sound of impact is followed by a scream of pain. It seems the muzzles have come off.

Both dragons circle each other momentarily and then rocket down to earth. Passing over the heads of several terrified crewmen, they zero in on Audra, snapping their jaws at the redheaded monk. Both fail to connect with their target.

[sblock=OOC 2]Audra misses, Fulgrim hits. Dragons both charge Audra, both miss.

Dragon 1 is the one who has been injured (moderately so).

PCs up.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
docks2.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Eanos should be where Drev shows now (G15), and I believe Drev was unsummoned.

Given that positioning, I wanted to check before posting: given that the dragons are over the heads of people, does the intervening deckhand provide soft cover to a ranged attack? I'm not sure given that it's only 5' above. Eanos will likely be moving anyway, but if they are providing cover, he's going to move differently.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ack. Thanks, jkason. Map to be changed momentarily.

I would say the deckhands do not provide soft cover, so fire away.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Think they heard you Fulgrim," Eanos says as the dragons dive for the deck of the ship. The archer sidesteps to put one of the crates beteween himself and the beasts, then pulls back, trying to target an exposed flank.

"For the love of--" Eanos stops the curse before he finishes it as the shot flies between the dragon's legs instead of into one and thunks cleanly into the deck floor.

"Least I didn't lose that one," he mutters.

[sblock=Actions]Move to H17. I can't find rules for crouching as opposed to going prone. If he can do that as part of the movement, (giving him better cover) let's go for it. If not, no worries.

Standard Longbow attack. Despite stacking PBS and Justice, this one's a big whiff:

PBS Justice Deadly Aim Longbow; damage (1d20+8=11, 1d8+5=13)

On the plus side, he would have missed even without Deadly Aim, and he'll get to keep this arrow:

Arrow Lost? (recover < 50) (1d100=46)[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Justice Judgement (+1 sacred to attacks), partial cover (?)

In Hand: +1 Composite Longbow

Arrows: 13/17 (+1 recoverable)
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
With Drevezh'korol returned to his otherworldly home Elenka is free to tap into her power to draw forth creatures from Lesovik's realm. A quick word and two amorphous masses of chill wind swirling with blown snow and howling like a tempest through trees appear in the air between the boat and the dock.

Though the creatures can't understand her (nor she them) Elenka calls out encouragement and points at the dragons. "Take the dragons!"

The elementals blast forward with a swirl of snowflakes that rapidly melt in the hot Venzan sun and batter the nearest dragon. Their attacks, though surprisingly solid, have little if any noticeable effect upon the dragons.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]
Elenka:
Move: --
Standard: Summon Monster 3 to summon 1d3=2 small air elementals at F12 and F13.

Air Elementals:
Move: into position to attack the dragons then back to F12 & F13 (Flyby Attack)
EDIT: Note, this movement will provoke AoO from at least one of the dragons
Standard: Slam attacks vs. dragon 1: 1d20+6=14, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+6=9, 1d4+1=3
One possible hit vs. AC 14 for 2 damage.

Small Air Elementals: AC 17, hp 13

Drevezh'korol: dismissed[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 2/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: dismissed[/sblock]

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=To Qik]Wow. Missed a lot of stuff in a few hours. :D She'd still take a swing at them with the sling, so it'd just hit an AC 15 (and hopefully not fall on anyone's head coming down)[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
The two young dragons dive bomb Audra, she has no chance to see where the sling ball falls, no chance of hearing an ouch from someone on deck as she attempts not to be skewered or clawed. Succeeding at that, and the rotters at range, she drops her smile and smiles.

Pretty even not in your cage. A shame it comes to this.

She waits for the one with the obvious arrow sticking from it's flank to get in range and reaches out, her left hand missing as a wing flaps by, the second strike, behind the wing, feels solid for a fleeting second, but the dragon twists as it feels her hand making contact, causing the blow to glance across the scales as opposed to being a solid strike.

[sblock=Ministats]

Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

AC: 20 Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +4 CMD: 22 Fort: +5 Ref: +9 Will: +7

In Hand:

Weapon: Unarmed Strikes
Attack: +8
Damage: 1d8+1
Crit: 20x2
Special: Flurry of Blows (+7/+7)
Type: Bludgeon

Ki Pool:
Remaining: 7[/sblock]

OOC: Cursed minimum damage! :p

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
The injured dragon proves to be especially evasive, twisting almost entirely out of harm's way through the series of attacks it suffers - only Audra manages to land a blow, and her's is a glancing one. The ornery creature snaps its jaws at one of the air elementals as it flits by, but its jaws fail to find purchase.

[sblock=OOC]Only Audra's natural 20 lands. AoO on air elemental misses.

Artur - the way you rolled damage was a bummer. That's why I usually don't roll damage until it hits; otherwise it might break my heart. :p

Also, apologies for not making it clearer on the map, but you can access the ship via squares F14, 15 & 16.

Fulgrim to act, then the dragons.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
docks3.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases