Proposal: Dervish Dance

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Hi all! I've been poking around the forum for a little while now, and I think I might be ready to start making a character... but I would like to propose a feat before I set things in stone.

Dervish Dance (Combat)

You have learned to turn your speed into power, even with a heavier blade.

Prerequisites: Dexterity 13, Weapon Finesse, Perform (dance) 2 ranks, proficient with scimitar.
Benefit: When wielding a scimitar with one hand, you can use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on melee attack and damage rolls. You treat the scimitar as a one-handed piercing weapon for all feats and class abilities that require such a weapon (such as a duelist’s precise strike ability). The scimitar must be for a creature of your size. You cannot use this feat if you are carrying a weapon or shield in your off hand.

As for fluff purposes, I see this fitting in well for someone from the
Rhat'Matanis region, a worshiper of the gods Anor-Akim or Bashu, imitating their movements whirling through the sky.

Systole

First Post
While I'm not a judge, I'd like to throw my two cents in and say I don't think there's anything unbalancing about this ability. And frankly, anything that helps out Dex-based melee is a good thing, because Paizo really bent Dex-based combat over the table and had its way with it when it coverted from 3.5.

Qik

First Post
While I'm not a judge, I'd like to throw my two cents in and say I don't think there's anything unbalancing about this ability. And frankly, anything that helps out Dex-based melee is a good thing, because Paizo really bent Dex-based combat over the table and had its way with it when it coverted from 3.5.

Seconded. I would love to see this feat approved for LPF play.

Also, welcome IGBO.

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Thanks Qik!

I'm not sure how important it is, but I thought that I should note that the feat comes from the PCS: Inner Sea World Guide.

Additionally, I just noticed that Piranha Strike is an allowed feat in LPF... I think it is useful to note that Dervish Dance will not work with that feat as a Scimitar is not a light weapon.

Qik

First Post
Good point about Piranha Strike, IGBO.

Bit of a slow weekend around these parts; I'm sure we'll be getting some judges feedback on the feat in the next couple of days.

Satin Knights

First Post
Ok. We have already approved Dervish Dancer a while back.
Yes to Dervish Dance.

Eventually, we will get to looking at the Inner Sea World Guide to see what else we can bring in. But, most of the judges have been a little busy just keeping up with the games for now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases