D&D 3E/3.5 Adding taunt/threat mechanics to 3.5e

Josh Thor

First Post
Me and a buddy talked this out, and we dicided that Taunting is a diplomatic act (bear with me).

And intimidating person is the last kond of person you would want to fight. Intimidation plays on people's fears, hightening them.
Diplomacy, though, plays on people's desires. If you mock an enemy with the intent of their pride getting the better of them so that they attack you, the skill at which you arrived at the conclusion of which words to use and the skill of your delivery of those words is based on your diplomacy. You've played on their desires, and now they WANT to attack you.

In my opinion, this diplomacy checkwl would be either a swift or movement action, could be used against anyone eithin earshot, and would be opposed by a Will save on their part. With a decent Diplomacy, this would succeed roughly 75% of the time.

What do ya'll think?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Maybe you are pulling a bluff that you are vulnerable and weaker at this moment so they are inclined to attack that perceived weakness it might even be presenting yourself as arrogant as though you are under estimating them (when you are really keeping a close eye on them) > I like the movement action cost.

Remove ads