[4e][OOC] Clash of Steel [13th level]

drothgery

First Post
Sounds interesting,

Will put together a swordmage this evening
I haven't figured out what level I'm going to start things at yet; the two most promising adventures I've looked at are one set at level 2 and one set at level 13 (which is about the minimum and maximum level I was looking at).

Shayuri

First Post
I'm leaning pixie.

I have this mental image of this emo little pixie enchanter/illusionist...all dour and sullen and full of angst. For some reasons those qualities in a pixie fill me with mirth. I think it'd be adorable.

So that's where I'm going.

As for level...depends. If there will be significant advancement in the game, low heroic is probably better. If the plan is just to run an adventure or two and only go up a few levels, then I'd prefer the low paragon just so we have some fun things to do each combat. Low level 4e combat tends to run, "I use my encounter!" boom "I use my daily!" BOOM!

And then 20 rounds of plinking with an at-will until the last guy finally goes down. :)

It's fine in realtime, but in a PBP it tends to drag out.

Phaezen

First Post
Either heroic or paragon would be fine with me.

Setting wise, do you have a firm setting in mind, or would you like some player input?

PLaying around a bit I have come up with a sandsoul/cindersoul genasi swordmage with the Jannisary theme. This strange humanoid recently came alone from the deep desert. Although seemingly solid, when angered or startled his skin shifts like sand and a fiery glow appears in his eye's and mouth. Backgroundwise, he is the servant of a genie who has come to more civilized lands either at the behest of his master to perform a task, or possibly his master has vanished and he is looking for information on his master's whereabouts.

Considering Paragon Paths - most likely Desert's Voice or Elemental Tempest

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
I have this mental image of this emo little pixie enchanter/illusionist...all dour and sullen and full of angst. For some reasons those qualities in a pixie fill me with mirth. I think it'd be adorable.
I think that would work.

As for level...depends. If there will be significant advancement in the game, low heroic is probably better. If the plan is just to run an adventure or two and only go up a few levels, then I'd prefer the low paragon just so we have some fun things to do each combat. Low level 4e combat tends to run, "I use my encounter!" boom "I use my daily!" BOOM!

And then 20 rounds of plinking with an at-will until the last guy finally goes down. :)

It's fine in realtime, but in a PBP it tends to drag out.
Okay. I don't think I can make a PBP run fast enough to blow through low levels quickly; even a really short adventure can take months to run. Minor issue is that some of the more interesting adventures I'm looking at are older, and I doubt WotC ever updated them with MM3/Monster Vault damage expressions.

Setting wise, do you have a firm setting in mind, or would you like some player input?
I'd definitely like some player input. I mean, I'm thinking something along the lines of Eberron or some Final Fantasy games in basic outline, but don't have any details yet.

PLaying around a bit I have come up with a sandsoul/cindersoul genasi swordmage with the Jannisary theme. This strange humanoid recently came alone from the deep desert. Although seemingly solid, when angered or startled his skin shifts like sand and a fiery glow appears in his eye's and mouth. Backgroundwise, he is the servant of a genie who has come to more civilized lands either at the behest of his master to perform a task, or possibly his master has vanished and he is looking for information on his master's whereabouts.

Considering Paragon Paths - most likely Desert's Voice or Elemental Tempest
That could work.

Looks like we got interest for striker, controller and defender. Just needing a leader.
And I'll probably want six or so players, really.

Walking Dad

First Post
Yeah, six would be a good number. I hope there will be soon more interest. For Pathfinder always is, but I cannot stand this system at the moment (standard d20 overexposure).

drothgery

First Post
Looking at the 7th-13th level adventures on D&Di, here's what I came up with as possibilities. I don't know if any of you have played any of them, and I was mostly looking at level range and no setting-breaking meta-elements.

• In the Depths of Avarice (13th level, #157)
  • Danger at the White Lotus Academy (7th level, #165)
  • Web of Chains (13th level, #168)
  • Clash of Steel (13th level, #172)
  • Head in the Clouds (7th-9th level, #184)

Shayuri

First Post
Haven't even hoid of 'em!

KNOW HIM? HE WAS DELICIOUS!

Ahem. By which I mean...uh...yes. No. I do not know them.

Any/all look fine to me!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases