[4e][OOC] Clash of Steel [13th level]

I'm interested in playing. I'm thinking about some kind of Hexblade, maybe Dragonborn as I haven't played one yet, or another monster type race, as the setting seems to include some non-standard races.

drothgery

First Post
I'm interested in playing. I'm thinking about some kind of Hexblade, maybe Dragonborn as I haven't played one yet, or another monster type race, as the setting seems to include some non-standard races.
Now, if we can just find someone to play an artificer, bard, or warlord...

As far as the race selection goes, here's where they come from:
PH1: eladrin, elf, halfling, human, dragonborn, half-elf
PH2: gnome
PH3: shardmind
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide: drow, genasi
Eberron Player's Guide: changeling, warforged
Heroes of the Feywild: pixie, satyr, Hamadryad
Dragon Magazine #404: Hengeyokai

Well, I plan on multi-classing into Warlord (Resourceful Leader feat), but that's no real leader. The current idea is to use the Mercenary theme, Warlord MC, and the Honorable Blade paragon path to make a Dragonborn Ronin, of a sorts. In a world where Arcane and Martial are the most common, it seems like it wouldn't be unusual for a swordsman to have some mastery over the Arcane arts (Hexblade).

He'd be a good guy, not a lawless bandit. Someone that didn't come from a strong family or clan and has had to earn his keep. Also planning on using the Elemental Pact from the Elemental Chaos book. Flavor-wise it fits with the dragon firebreath, combines the different mechanics into an amalgamated source of his power (RP-wise).

Edit: Have you decided what level we are starting at? I'll vote for the Paragon adventures.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Looking at the 7th-13th level adventures on D&Di, here's what I came up with as possibilities. I don't know if any of you have played any of them, and I was mostly looking at level range and no setting-breaking meta-elements.

• In the Depths of Avarice (13th level, #157)
  • Danger at the White Lotus Academy (7th level, #165)
  • Web of Chains (13th level, #168)
  • Clash of Steel (13th level, #172)
  • Head in the Clouds (7th-9th level, #184)

Not played or run any of those, so any would be good

Inspiratorium

First Post
Hi, I'm interested joining this game, sounds interesting. I was wondering if I could bring in the essentials ranger (scout) build, reflavoring the primal powers as arcane powers? Most of them could be interpreted as being a channeling of arcane power from the Feywild.

drothgery

First Post
Hi, I'm interested joining this game, sounds interesting. I was wondering if I could bring in the essentials ranger (scout) build, reflavoring the primal powers as arcane powers? Most of them could be interpreted as being a channeling of arcane power from the Feywild.
I'd dismissed the essentials rangers as being out of bounds because I didn't think they'd work as all-martial, but martial and arcane might work.

Inspiratorium

First Post
I'll get a character ready then.

Also, I'd vote for high heroic tier. Haven't seen any of those modules, so they work out just fine for me.

EDIT: Actually, I could probably get a warlord up if nobody else will sign on as a leader. I've wanted to try out the archer warlord for a bit. (does anybody plan on having an exceptional or at least passable MBA?)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
My character will have a great RBA, so Direct the Strike (and other non-melee BAs) would be much greater for me than the MBA giving powers.

No good MBA, sorry.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases