[4e][OOC] Clash of Steel [13th level]

drothgery

First Post
(Agh! I may have to get Arcane Familiar soon and get a Wisp! It'd work well with her blink dog too! In fact..hey,Mr GM...what do you think about 'reskinning' the blink dog as a kind of willow-wisp type thing? Same stats, but just looks like a glowing ball instead of a dog? Damage maybe becomes Lightning instead of normal? Or not...whatever on that. But that, plus the teleport powers, would work perfectly with Tatter's concept.)
No problem on reskinning the blink dog here.

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis origin remains a mystery. While he physically looks like a half-elf, he was found in some kind of metallic shell at the edges of the Elemental Chaos. Nearly still a baby, his first words were in the Primoridal language and when he was angered, lightning danced behind his eyes. He was lucky that his finders were part of a voyage for House Lyrandar, exploring the edges of this plane. What others may have caused to leave the boy where they found him made them to take him with them. The powers they awakened in themselves through the dragonmark came almost natural to him, the marking more a channeling of his powers than the cause.
He quickly grew up and rose through ranks in the House, having a natural talent for all thinks linked to storms and easily able to channel their destructive might.
But he still wasn't sure where he came from. Some place where the Feywild touched the Elemental Chaos? What about his seemingly human part?
He traveled the Feywild and discovered the Tuatha and tried to reclaim his heritage, even finding his personal totem and learning how to transform into it, but it still wasn't enough. Still in very good terms with his House, but considered something between a free agent and an asset, he travels the world and the planes in a never ending search for his past, not realizing, that he may have already found himself...

drothgery

First Post
half-formed background snippet...

Kelistin. The city of portals. Heart of the Empire. Where merchants from across the planes brought their wares to the world of mortals. Where airships and wind galleons and lighting railcars arrived and departed from dawn to dusk. Where artificers and magewrights built things only dreamed of in more remote lands. And it was from there there out heroes had set out from on their way to their next adventure.

drothgery

First Post
Hmm! I may need to get the Ritual Caster feat...
FWIW, you get some ritual casting as part of the Mark of Shadow feat.
compendium said:
You can master and perform rituals in the deception and scrying categories and the Knock, Masking Shroud, Secret Page, and Shadow Walk rituals as if you had the Ritual Caster feat.
... which reminds me of a house rule regarding Dragonmark feats. You can learn up to one of the rituals explicitly named in a dragonmarked feat's description per level for free (assuming it's of your level or lower), and can use one ritual (from those you gained access to due to your dragonmark) per day for free (except for magic item creation rituals; maximum component cost of the cost of a consumable of your level).

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Good point!

Or I could get Ritual Casting instead of the Mark of Shadow.

The benefit...oh wait, no, my PP depends on it, and I liiiiiiike that PP.

Okay good point then. :)

drothgery

First Post
Good point!

Or I could get Ritual Casting instead of the Mark of Shadow.

The benefit...oh wait, no, my PP depends on it, and I liiiiiiike that PP.

Okay good point then. :)
FYI, at least going by a quick search of the Compendium, here's the complete list of rituals your Mark gives you access to:
Code:
Mark of Shadow Rituals
Level Ritual
1 Secret Page*
1 Silent Image
1 Conceal Dragon mark
1 Glib Limerick
1 Traveler's Camouflage
3 Fool's Gold
3 Leomund’s Trap
3 Calm Emotions
4 Knock*
5 Hallucinatory Item
6 Corpselike Visage
6 Change Self
6 Fool's Speech
6 Deathly Shroud
8 Aura Mask
8 Gravesight
8 Hallucinatory Terrain
8 Wizard's Sight
9 Reflecting Pool
10 Chameleon's Cloak
10 Conceal Object
12 Seeming
12 Donning Trollflesh
12 Hallucinatory Creature
12 Shadow Walk*
14 Masking Shroud*
14 View Location
16 False Aura
16 Farsight
18 View Object
20 Scry Trap
24 Observe Creature
26 Deceive Sensor
26 Ward the True Name
rituals marked with a * are explicitly named in the feat.

Inspiratorium

First Post
As great as that benefit certainly is, I'll pass on it for now. Fluff stuff.

Considering the fact that our characters have apparently been traveling together for a while, any thoughts as to pre-existing party dynamics?

drothgery

First Post
My D&Di susbscription appears to be acting up, so I might not be able to get things set up this weekend.

Mark of Healing rituals
Code:
Level	Name
1	Simbul's Conversion
1	Gentle Repose
1	Comrades' Succor
1	Raise Beast Companion
4	Delay Affliction
6	Cure Disease
7	Spirit Idol
8	Raise Dead
8	Remove Affliction*
15	Cauldron's Rebirth
16	Fantastic Recuperation
18	Purify Spellscarred (not applicable to this setting)
20	Soulguard
25	Ease Spirit

Mark of Storm rituals
Code:
Level	Name
2	Endure Elements*
2	Water Walk*
3	Summon Winds*
10	Enhance Vessel*

Shayuri

First Post
Holy cow, that's a lot!

Of course, the ones I had my eye on were the travel rituals. The portals and so on. But perhaps we don't need those right away...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases