[4e][OOC] Clash of Steel [13th level]

pathfinderq1

First Post
I might be interested as well, as I slowly claw back into gaming after a few months of hiatus. I'll read through things so far and see if I can come up with a few ideas.

At first glance, maybe an elven Rogue (Thief), an eladrin eldritch knight, or human fighter|ranger two-weapon melee killer.

drothgery

First Post
I might be interested as well, as I slowly claw back into gaming after a few months of hiatus. I'll read through things so far and see if I can come up with a few ideas.

At first glance, maybe an elven Rogue (Thief), an eladrin eldritch knight, or human fighter|ranger two-weapon melee killer.
Cool.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Another pixie!

Hee!

That might actually be fun.

Well see the fact that we already have a pixie is part of what is keeping me away.

That and I had so much fun with the last assassin I played.

But the idea of a tiny defender is pretty interesting...

Moon_Goddess

Ok, the sword mage isn't working for me, so I've gone with a Hengyokai (cat) Assassin

Need to know how you want to work me in before I work up the backstory.

drothgery

First Post
Ok, the sword mage isn't working for me, so I've gone with a Hengyokai (cat) Assassin

Need to know how you want to work me in before I work up the backstory.
A few ideas come to mind
  • You are the leader of one of the River Rats gang in Barrinsgate; you agree to help the PCs because it looks like your gang is being framed in causing the unrest in the city
  • You are on Lady Daybringer's staff, and had been dealing with other problems.
  • (if you want to have the Mark of Shadow) Someone (who doesn't favor any change of power in Barrinsgate) has engaged House Phiarlan's services to observe events in the town
  • You are a long-time associate of the PCs, but were away from the City of Portals when this job came in. Upset they left without you, you've tracked them down.

Moon_Goddess

Ok, so spoted the Yakuza them, and seeing as I'm Hengeyokai I dicided to use it, and then incorperate multiple elements of your ideas. I didn't see her as a gang leader, but she's still not a good fit for lawful..

Misaka ( 美咲 ) is a mysterious figure on the run from her past, she worked with the PC's twice in the past but never a long term associate. They have only seen her in human form. She lives a nomatic existance moving from place to place taking various jobs, some of them less than moral. Currently she is in the employ of Lady Dybringer. In the past when she has worked with the PCs she's always moved on afterward, gone to ground. Whether out of some sense of habit or tradition, or that she has come to trust the PCs more, when she learns of being in the same place at the same time as the PCs she seaks them out to repeat the cycle.

[sblock="Character Builder"]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
美咲 (Misaki), level 13
Hengeyokai, Assassin, Gloaming Dancer
Build: Night Stalker Assassin
Guild Training Option: Night Stalker
Yakuza Level 10 Feature Option: Bluff
Animal Form Option: Cat (Acrobatics)
Theme: Yakuza

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 12, DEX 23, INT 11, WIS 9, CHA 19

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 25 Will: 26
HP: 70 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 17

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +19, Perception +10, Stealth +25, Streetwise +17, Thievery +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +6, Athletics +6, Bluff +14, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +7, Heal +5, History +6, Insight +5, Intimidate +10, Nature +5, Religion +6

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Yakuza Utility: Ruthless Demonstration
Hengeyokai Utility: Nature's Mask
Assassin Feature: Assassin's Shroud
Assassin Feature: Shade Form
Assassin Feature: Shadow Step
Assassin Attack 1: Inescapable Blade
Assassin Attack 1: Leaping Shade
Assassin Attack 1: Shadow Darts
Assassin Attack 1: Targeted for Death
Assassin Utility 2: Silent Stalker
Assassin Attack 3: Army of the Night
Assassin Attack 5: Shadow Soul
Assassin Utility 6: Ghost of the Rooftops
Assassin Attack 9: Black Garrote
Assassin Utility 10: Walk Through Shadow
Gloaming Dancer Attack 11: Penumbral Leap
Gloaming Dancer Utility 12: Shadow Dance
Assassin Attack 13: Well of Shades

FEATS
Level 1: Lethal Shroud
Level 2: Inexorable Shroud
Level 4: Brutal Shroud
Level 6: Assassin's Escape
Level 8: Cruel Shroud
Level 10: Devastating Shroud
Level 11: Shadow's Inexorable Grasp
Level 12: Hidden Insight
Level 13: Ki Focus Expertise
Level 13: Improved Defenses

ITEMS
Elven Cloak +3 x1
Adventurer's Kit
Abduction Ki Focus +3 x1
Broadsword x2
Dagger
Handy Haversack
Tattoo of the Escape Artist x1
Shadowflow Studded Leather +3 x1
Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier) x1
Entrapping Crossbow +1
Crossbow Bolts
Climber's Kit
Thieves' Tools
Cold Iron Shackles
Traveler's Kit
Manacles, iron
Writing case
Bottled Twilight
====== End ======
[/sblock]

[sblock="Secret backstory"]
Misaki joined the assassin guild to resist a corrupt lord, but once she became entangled with the secrets of the guild she found it impossible to get out. Feeling so restricted is anthema to the nature of the hengeyokai. Then one day came the tipping point, upon refusing to kill a child who had seen secrets of the guild she fled the guild. She hid the boy and has spent years on the run from guild hunters. She can only hope the boy is ok, going back to check on him would put him in danger.
[/sblock]

[sblock="iplay4e"]
http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhisv_oGDA
[/sblock]

Attachments

• ??.dnd4e
    347.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases