[4e][OOC] Clash of Steel [13th level]

drothgery

First Post
Here's my raw output from the chargen...I don't know how to get the actual saved file onto this site though. Happy to do so if someone can tell me how.
From the character builder, click Load to bring up all of your saved characters, select the one you want, then click export to bring up a save dialog.

Below the 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons on a new post (or 'edit advanced', or just below the post content on 'edit', there's a 'manage attachments' button. Click it to pop up an edit window (you may need to resize it). In the 'upload file from your computer' box, use one of the 'Browse...' file upload buttons to select the .dnd4e file, then click on the 'upload' button in the 'upload file from your computer section'. You'll see a 'please wait' message under 'Upload File from a URL' for a bit (depending on connection upload speed) then the popup window will refresh. When that's done, scroll down and click on 'close this window'. Then submit your new post or save your edit normally.

Attachments

• teclis stormborn.dnd4e
    222.7 KB · Views: 64

drothgery

First Post
Wait, I'm an idiot. It's not AFTER you load the character, it's while you're on the load screen!

Nevermind. One moment.
No problem, thanks for uploading the file. It's a lot faster than me entering things manually (especially for wizards, who have lots of powers due to spellbooks).

Walking Dad

First Post
It seems the bracers are not working with the elemental bolt so I will not take them.

BTW, Sorcerous Vision lets me substitute Perception and Insight rolls with Arcana. May we do the same for the passive checks. It becomes quickly bothersome in PbP if I have to post a roll at every word and step because my active bonus is so much higher.

It also seems the increase and additional slides from my Mark and Staff are not included with the individual powers, but they should work as shown in the text.

Thanks again for making the sheet!

Edit: The rhythm blade property doesn't stack with Hafted Defense, right? I will have to replace it, too. Seemed cheesy anyway...

[MENTION=6684877]Inspiratorium[/MENTION] Does any of you powers specify giving a melee BA? My character can use RBAs without penalty in melee range and the damage is higher and the slide farther.

Last edited:

Inspiratorium

First Post
[MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION] alright, thanks for the help.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] about half of my powers that grant attacks specify melee. The other half, including the slide synergy power, allow for any basic attack. (most of my attack buffs also work with both as well)

Walking Dad

First Post
If the Bracers of the Perfect Shot don't increase the damage of the elemental bolt (can someone confirm this?), I will get Bracers of Mighty Striking to enhance my eldritch strike.

drothgery

First Post
BTW, Sorcerous Vision lets me substitute Perception and Insight rolls with Arcana. May we do the same for the passive checks.

Yes, though it's possible I'll forgot about it.

If the Bracers of the Perfect Shot don't increase the damage of the elemental bolt (can someone confirm this?), I will get Bracers of Mighty Striking to enhance my eldritch strike.

At least in the builder, they won't stack with your augmented quickbeam staff of ruin, which also grants an item bonus to damage. That's probably what was happening with your elemental bolt (though since that's not a power you get to make a choice on, I can't see the math breakdown).

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
kay, update on Tatterdemalion for party synergy.

She wound up Illusion/Nethermancy, not Illusion/Enchantment. She still has some forced movement, but not as much as previously. Nor does she rely as much on forcing enemies to attack other enemies.

What she is really good at now is debuffing the HELL out of enemies and area denial/control. She has several spells that cause enemies to become 'trapped in a box' and vulnerable to ranged attack. She also has several zone spells that should work well with forced movement. With Enlarge spell, she is not a damage queen, but can envelop large areas in party-friendly despondence.

I'm kind of 'meh' on her current inventory, but it will do for now. Her armor is the only thing I really really like. Orb just enhances her limited forced move powers, making them a bit more credible. Necklace is mostly RP, cuz she's paranoid about being watched.

Oh, and I like the skull mask...mostly because the mental image of a pixie wearing a tiny skull on her head is so adorable I could squee. And I am not given to impulsive squees.

As far as party synergy goes, Soril is a single target swordsman with some minor leader capabilities. Here are his two warlord feats and power. He works great with an MBA granting Warlord (save the RBA's for the Elementalist!), and his attacks focus on dealing both fire damage and ongoing fire damage.

[sblock]
Resourceful Leader [Multiclass Warlord]
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Int 13 or Cha 13
Benefit: You gain training in one skill from the warlord’s class skills list.
When an ally you can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a +3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss. This bonus increases to +5 at 11th level and +7 at 21st level. These temporary hit points increase to 5 at 11th level and 7 at 21st level.

Inspiring Breath
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Dragonborn, warlord
Benefit: When you hit an enemy using your dragon breath racial power, your allies gain a +5 bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of your next turn.

Snap Out of It (Intimidate 10)
A smack across the face brings your ally back to his or her senses.
Encounter
Minor Action Melee touch
Target: One ally subject to a dazing, dominating, or stunning effect that a save can end
Effect: The target makes a saving throw against the effect.[/sblock]

Inspiratorium

First Post
Hm, I didn't notice that the dazing effect of the Lightning arrow got errata-ed out. Can I switch the ten lightning arrows to 25 Onslaught Arrows (pay whatever extra is necessary)?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases