Legendfall

Loonook

First Post
"And there they stood, a hundred thousand, upon the shores of a land they were to leave for the unknown. Men, women, and children who had fought for a nation built on the lies of their betrayers. As they took to the ships they never looked back, and it is said that the Voyage was the true end to the [wiki]War of the Thirteen Pretenders[/wiki]
."

- [wiki]Historian Bern[/wiki]
, Keeper of Lore, Church of the Rising Sun 512 AV.

It has been many years since the time of the Great Voyage, when a hundred thousand refugees left the [wiki]Ostarian[/wiki]
coast at Seaside weighted down by years of conflict. When the last of the Pretenders fell the New Ostarian Empire was started on the remains of a once great civilization. War and its machines had torn the land, rendering locations inhospitable to man or beast, and the men and women of the Hundred Hands left a trail of conquest across the sea to new homes in the West.

Choosing landing points in the place known by the Ostari fleets as the [wiki]Horn of Liriam[/wiki]
, these veterans used force, diplomacy, and trade to carve out two empires for their families. New cultures came to influence old ideas, and the mixture has led to a cosmopolitan makeup unseen since the mythic time of the [wiki]Great Congress of Men[/wiki]

Though there are many ports along the Horn, the most known and populous of all is the great metropolis of Legendfall. Built upon the remains of the ancient [wiki]Methiran[/wiki]
city of [wiki]Lir-al'Sud[/wiki]
, Legendfall is a melting pot of traders, outlaws, scribes, and warriors. It is accorded neutral ground where armies keep their peace, and it holds itself as the crown jewel of the Two Empires.

Loonook

First Post
I'm actually going to be slowing down on Legendfall for a bit, and opening up Prataferro, which is kind of the new format I've been thinking of with a lot of the ideas of Legendfall put in.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm actually going to be slowing down on Legendfall for a bit, and opening up Prataferro, which is kind of the new format I've been thinking of with a lot of the ideas of Legendfall put in.

Slainte,

-Loonook.
Ok, still wanting new players? :) What's your "Ruleset of Choice," anyway?

Oh, and what is IRC, anyway? You don't PbP here on ENWorld?

Last edited:

Loonook

First Post
Ok, still wanting new players? :) What's your "Ruleset of Choice," anyway?

Oh, and what is IRC, anyway? You don't PbP here on ENWorld?

Chat program. Don't like PBP.

I collapsed my old game due to player issues... So I wouldn't mind forming a new group but its a matter of finding decent players who can actually deal with a setting :D.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Leif

Adventurer
Chat program. Don't like PBP.

I collapsed my old game due to player issues... So I wouldn't mind forming a new group but its a matter of finding decent players who can actually deal with a setting :D.

Slainte,

-Loonook.
Well, I'm one, I like to think... I know 10-12 others on ENWorld who are as good or better than I am, but they're all play-by-posters, and a few of them are in Europe, so synching up for IRC would be tricky with them, to say the least. I know of about 5 or so others on here who are in the central US time zone, as am I. We've also got a good ENWorld friend who lives in Utah, who is a primo good player.

Basically, while I have to say that you definitely have a winner of a setting, and I'd love to give your DMing a try, I'm just not sure we would be able to make it work.

Loonook

First Post
Well, I'm one, I like to think... I know 10-12 others on ENWorld who are as good or better than I am, but they're all play-by-posters, and a few of them are in Europe, so synching up for IRC would be tricky with them, to say the least. I know of about 5 or so others on here who are in the central US time zone, as am I. We've also got a good ENWorld friend who lives in Utah, who is a primo good player.

Basically, while I have to say that you definitely have a winner of a setting, and I'd love to give your DMing a try, I'm just not sure we would be able to make it work.

Well if you wish to look at what I'm working on for Prataferro you can look at the beginning of the rules for Flesh Price, my take on a "GP as XP" system that has a built-in Social Class system, and the Miseravel, the Collector's 'men'.

I'm starting to work towards something new and interesting (to me at least) and hope that you might like it too :).

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Leif

Adventurer
Well if you wish to look at what I'm working on for Prataferro you can look at the beginning of the rules for Flesh Price, my take on a "GP as XP" system that has a built-in Social Class system, and the Miseravel, the Collector's 'men'.

I'm starting to work towards something new and interesting (to me at least) and hope that you might like it too :).

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Sorry, man, been there, done that. I had a DM when I was about 15 [more years ago than I care to admit] who thought it was 'cool' to make PCs start out without even a pot to pi$$ in. I gotta tell you man, it may be cool for the DM, but it SU-U-UCKS for the players. I'm not down with that. If I want to feel that way, I'll just stab myself in the eye with a steak knife, or something.

Last edited:

Loonook

First Post
Sorry, man, been there, done that. I had a DM when I was about 15 who thought it was 'cool' to make PCs start out without even a pot to pi$$ in. I gotta tell you man, it may be cool for the DM, but it SU-U-UCKS for the players. I'm not down with that. If I want to feel that way, I'll just stab myself in the eye with a steak knife, or something.

If you actually read the thing you may purchase equipment at creation... It increases your debt. The GP in the Debt operate as a version of GP as XP. You have a certain amount of GP you pay off per level, which does a few things:

a.) An individual can start play as an extremely indebted, low equipment, but very efficient LA'd individual.

b.) an individual can start play as a small indebted, decently equipped, LA 0 individual.

It also allows players to influence, gain additional benefits, etc. You personally can requisition equipment from your Patron, increasing your debt... Over time if you over-extend yourself you get to a point where you have to expend a large amount of your GP to keep up.

In practice the system makes it so that you can have a high station spellcaster and a low-station warrior balance out, as the Fighter gains more equipment in comparison to the spellcaster's equipment.

But alright, that's fine :).

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Leif

Adventurer
If you actually read the thing you may purchase equipment at creation... It increases your debt. The GP in the Debt operate as a version of GP as XP. You have a certain amount of GP you pay off per level, which does a few things:

a.) An individual can start play as an extremely indebted, low equipment, but very efficient LA'd individual.

b.) an individual can start play as a small indebted, decently equipped, LA 0 individual.

It also allows players to influence, gain additional benefits, etc. You personally can requisition equipment from your Patron, increasing your debt... Over time if you over-extend yourself you get to a point where you have to expend a large amount of your GP to keep up.

In practice the system makes it so that you can have a high station spellcaster and a low-station warrior balance out, as the Fighter gains more equipment in comparison to the spellcaster's equipment.

But alright, that's fine :).

Slainte,

-Loonook.
Uhhh, I did read it. Thanks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases