Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 4, "Street Fight"
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8

Rohna cocks a red eyebrow at the prone form of the ringleader at her mounts feet and shrugs. The huge hammer easily sinks into the foe's chest with a satisfying crunch. Tendrils of red energy race over the blackened surface of Kordestad before leaping into the air as a fine mist that is drawn into the various seems in the fighter's armor. The ruby gems in her exposed skin and her eyes flare bright with the infusion of temporary life.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: ...
Standard: Crushing Surgeon RL, hit AC 23vRL, 15 dmg +10THP. Marking RL TENT.
Full Attack: .
Gore: ...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 86/76 (10THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85(0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]OoC: Squares around Rohna cost 2 movement for enemies to enter. If RL is dead before I go, I'll charge 3 instead with rhino charge.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], don't forget to reduce all damage to allies by 5thp from Venakhad's last round
All allies gain 5 thp (again) :)

Just as the goon shifts to hit Venakhad, kalashtar reads the intent and moves back from the hit, leaving the thug empty handed.

The priest then moves behind the goon in the middle of melee. Waves of light continue strobbing from him, one refreshingly cool, another removing undead's wound, burning him as radiant light undoes the damage in his undead flesh.

Symbol of Dol Arrah burns on all present, thugs feeling the chill even through the armor. Allies feel the strength of The Warrior keeping them safe.

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate Interrupt: [sblock=Prescient Maneuver ]
when Enemy moves willingly on it's turn within 5 squares of Venakhad; encounter:
Effect: venakhad shifts 3 squares from F24 -> C22 - negates the hit
[/sblock]

Move: C22 ->D23 -> E24 ->E25
Standard: Peacemakers Light - hits automatically enemies within 2 squares (RL, Leek, #6, #5, #3) - whenever they attack Venakhad or his allies (hit or miss) attacker takes 10 cold and radiant damage

Minor: Healing word (1d6+7=11) on [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION]/Czern who regains surge +11, gets +2 all defenses TENT

All allies gain 5 thp (again) :) thanks to Venakhads holy symbol property on use of Healing word
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Actions]
Immediate Interrupt: [sblock=Prescient Maneuver ]
when Enemy moves willingly on it's turn within 5 squares of Venakhad; encounter:
Effect: venakhad shifts 3 squares from F24 -> C22 - negates the hit
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] You might want to consider requiring players to declare IIs and IRs ahead of time (like Velmont and I did here). That way, you know if the II or IR affects the actions of your NPCs whose turn is after the IR or II. Anything else can sometimes be difficult to manage. "The NPC was dead, so he couldn't flank, so the other NPC couldn't hit, so the third NPC couldn't charge without provoking, etc." It just sometimes becomes a mess trying to figure it all out after the DM posts the NPC's round. Neurotic's interrupt here is not that bad and is easy to adjudicate (although I can think of movement cases where this wouldn't have helped his PC at all and the NPC would have just moved to a different square to attack him anyway), but it can be real messy if the DM doesn't require this. Given this, the DM should also roll any PC dice rolls for IIs and IRs during the NPC's turn. Retcons can be a pain in the butt and doing this minimizes retcons. It starts becoming especially problematic when players start getting higher level PCs with more interrupts.

Declaring IIs and IRs ahead of time also prevents abuses. In the example here of Prescient Maneuver, this power can only (possibly, but not necessarily) prevent an attack during NPC movement (and then only if the PC was actually going to be attacked and going to be hit). If the player is allowed to use this power after his PC is hit, he will use the power. If not, he won't. Declaring this II ahead of time prevents the "auto-protection" that the power really doesn't have and gives the power the utility that it is supposed to have. Technically, Venakhad wouldn't have even known that he was going to be attacked, let alone hit during the shift that the II is allowed to interrupt. Prescient Maneuver is a lot more powerful of a power if it can be used after a hit is determined and damage is rolled instead of during movement as per the power.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I agree with most of what KD says except as follows:
how would you write Prescient Maneuver trigger? it covers everything within 5 and if (as you imply) I cannot say when an enemy attacks (move adjacent?) what good would that do?

In this case, I moved behind Rhona precisely to interrupt potential change of direction as he would have to pass by multiple allies to minimize the retcon.

On the table, DM would announce the move toward the priest and (probably) the attack and I would have a chance to react to that.

I agree with the rest (DM rolling etc)

FourMonos

First Post
GM: More mid-round fun!

@stonegod Correct, you are. I'll add the 17 hit points back to Czern for the first RL attack. And 5 for the THP. And #7 stood (as implied, not well documented), and the attack and shift are part of ability. You interrupted his move after he attacked Czern, so Malehan was not attacked or flanked. That means the thug's (#4) attack did not have CA, so while it still hit, (minus the THP) Malehan only took 2 damage.

@Neurotic The shift is fine. It put the ruffian between Alexia and Rohna (whom he was trying to avoid) so his attack missed Alexia. Added the hit points back to Venakhad.

And I agree with both KD and Neurotic. If you have something your are planning, try to keep me aware (Velmont and KD do a great job at this) so I can make it run smoother, but sometimes things come up and I'll just ret-con. In this case, everything was fine.

[sblock=Updated Enemy Damage]
Ruffians: 22 AC 18 F 22 R ??W
1: #6 (G-23) Damage taken: 10 damage, -2 defenses TENT
2: #7 Leek (F-26) Damage taken: 62 damage, bloodied, prone

Thugs: 22 AC 20 F 22 R ??W
1. #4 (F-28) Damage taken: 10
2. #5 (G-25) Damage taken: 8, oath of emnity (kal)

Ringleader: (D-28) 18 AC ??F ??R ??W
Damage taken: 78, used AP

Goons: 20 AC 20 F ??R ??W
1. (C-27) Damage taken:
2. (D-25) Damage taken:
3. (F-28) Damage taken:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update prior to round start]
Czern Belog (E-27): 46/85; HS 14/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (C-21): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

Dusk: (C-20): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus: partial cover, +1 defenses if adjacent to Chael.

Malehan (C-29): 66/68; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu (F-25): 51/65 +5THP; HS 11/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

kal-Tarron (G-24): 21/56; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Venakhad (F-24): 59/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna
(C17-D18): 76/76; HS 13/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;

[/sblock]

GM: So far this round, #7 is prone.

Malehan hit leader for 24 damage.

Rohna hit leader for 15 damage, gained 10 THP

Chael killed #3, hits #4 (and knocks him prone), #5, and #7 for 15 damage and misses RL.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I agree with most of what KD says except as follows:
how would you write Prescient Maneuver trigger? it covers everything within 5 and if (as you imply) I cannot say when an enemy attacks (move adjacent?) what good would that do?

OOC: It's never a perfect world in PBP for interrupts because the players cannot make decisions in the middle of DM actions. And yes, the best one can basically do in PBP is "If an opponent moves adjacent, I use PM to move to xyz". But, PM can be used for things other than just a melee attack which are hard to anticipate in PBP. Even at the table, if the DM moves the NPC adjacent, the player has to use PM right away, not after the DM declares who he is attacking. In this example, Alexia was right next to Venakhad and from that square, could have been the original target.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Updated Enemy Damage]
Ruffians: 22 AC 18 F 22 R ??W
1: #6 (G-23) Damage taken: 10 damage, -2 defenses TENT
2: #7 Leek (F-26) Damage taken: 62 damage, bloodied, prone

Thugs: 22 AC 20 F 22 R ??W
1. #4 (F-28) Damage taken: 10
2. #5 (G-25) Damage taken: 8, oath of emnity (kal)

Ringleader: (D-28) 18 AC ??F ??R ??W
Damage taken: 78, used AP

Goons: 20 AC 20 F ??R ??W
1. (C-27) Damage taken:
2. (D-25) Damage taken:
3. (F-28) Damage taken:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update prior to round start]
Czern Belog (E-27): 46/85; HS 14/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (C-21): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

Dusk: (C-20): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus: partial cover, +1 defenses if adjacent to Chael.

Malehan (C-29): 66/68; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu (F-25): 51/65 +5THP; HS 11/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

kal-Tarron (G-24): 21/56; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Venakhad (F-24): 59/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna
(C17-D18): 76/76; HS 13/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;

[/sblock]

GM: So far this round, #7 is prone.

Malehan hit leader for 24 damage.

Rohna hit leader for 15 damage, gained 10 THP

Chael killed #3, hits #4, #5, and #7 for 15 damage and misses RL.

OOC: #4 should be prone. It looks like you updated the damage for #7 in the block, but not for the rest of the NPCs. ;) Thanks

Oh, and Chael did not kill #3, merely knocked him unconscious for questioning later.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I only updated #7's damage because it happened during the enemy round (Czern's OA damage). And you are completely correct about the prone on #4 (editing). #6 will go prone if hit until end of turn.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As planned, Czern's many foes press the attack, some hitting, some not. The knight's wolf head amulet flares as the ring leader attempts to confuse and the knight shrugs off the worst of it. As the party pulls the pack of thugs apart, Czern focuses on the figure prone at his feet, smashing at his legs to keep him down.
OOC: Added immediate/opportunity actions summary below in order or importance.

MBA vs prone #4: Hit, 16 dmg, slowed and Czern has +2 AC TENT.

[sblock=Immediate Actions]Sorted in order of importance:
- Steadfast Amulet: (Immediate Interrupt) Czern stunned or dazed w/ a save ends effect; Czern makes an immediate save to cancel the effect. If failed, power not expended.
- Opportunity Action (1/combatant): MBA if not marked and shift or attack not Czern while in aura: +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect; 2 damage on miss
- Opportunity Attack (1/combatant): MBA +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Guardian's Counter: (Immediate Interrupt) If bloodied ally w/ 2 sqs. attacked and Czern not also attacked: Czern and ally swap positions, Czern becomes target, and can make MBA after resolved; +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If adjacent ally hit by attack that would drop/bloody them: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
- Strikebacks: (Immediate Reaction) Non-minion hits Czern and deals damage: MBA +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Unbreakable: (Immediate Reaction) Czern hit by an attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 11.
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If Czern hit by attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
[/sblock][sblock=Czern Belog (Defender Aura; Defend the Line stance; +2 all defenses, +2 AC vs #4 (not included))]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 28, Fort: 26, Reflex: 22, Will: 20 — Speed: 5
HP: 57+5/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 13/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat

Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Crimson motes of dim light begin to circle around Leek as Alexia turns her will against him. The temperature around her noticeably lowers and faint whispering can be hear in the air, but the effect seems to focus her allies rather than distract them. She swings downward, but he rolls out of the way, leaving her blade to hit only the stone of the street. Alexia frowns as she steps away.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Divine Challenge Leek, dealing 8 radiant damage should he trigger the mark. If I can specify that this should be nonlethal damage then I will.
Standard: Rally the Spectral Host vs Leek. Natural 1. Luckily there's an effect: I'm surrounded by an aura of size 2 until the end of my next turn. Allies in the aura gain a +1 power bonus to attack and a +2 power bonus to damage.
Move: Shift to E26.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 51/65+5 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 11/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (2/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:
Allies w/in 2 get +1 power to hit and +2 power to damage
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases