Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Venakhad] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] The ambassador is not a changeling, but he seems panicked. In a situation like this, you surmise that maybe he knew something was going to happen... [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
To the minds of companions, not ambassadors:
"The ambassadors are not changelings, I'm fairly sure of that, but Karrnathi seems panicked. In a situation like this, I surmise that he maybe knew something was going to happen...Czern, Alexia, maybe you should try to calm him down before he does something dangerous?"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"What the heck?" Chael exclaims. "Someone's talking directly to my mind." Chael says as she looks suspicioiusly at the people in the room.

"I don't know what's going on here, but you knew ahead of time that something was going to happen, didn't you? That's why you wanted the last assassin killed and that's why you want to get out of here so desparately. You want all of the loose ends that link this back to you tied up. Well, that's not going to happen. And your own dogs turned on you. It seems like someone else was trying to tie up loose ends as well. Come on, spill it. Who arranged for this attack? If you don't tell us, that person might succeed on you next time." Chael says, walking right up to the Karrnath ambassador.

OOC: Sorry Neurotic, but Chael wouldn't know how to be subtle unless she gets hit in the face with a brick explaining it. Diplomacy is one of her weakest skills. Gotta roleplay her as I view her.

[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], Chael's Passive Insight is 26, so I just assumed that she auto-made the first Insight check. If a roll is needed, please do so.

PS. Chael will keep continuing to sustain the Wall of Thorns.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Right you are KD, you would be privy to the same info with that insight.

With Chael's accusation, the Karrnath Ambassador loses his wind. He almost collapses onto the table beside him.

The Breland Ambassador looks shocked, "Milthane? You knew about this?"

Ambassador Milthane nods sadly.

"I'm sorry everyone. I had no idea that anything like this could happen. I thought I was just supplying information about politics. Telling them where I would be and who would be here. I had no idea anyone would try to kill us. When they said someone had to accompany me... I should have known something bad would happen.

"I think the changeling poisoned the wine I brought from Karrnath. My personal guard was looking into what was going on, but then he went missing.

He desperately grabs Alexia's sleeve, "I had to do it! They took her! They took my daughter and turned her to stone! If I didn't tell them they said she would be shattered." With a shaking hand, he draws an object from his robe pocket. When he opens his hand, you see a small piece of stone. A moment's inspection reveals it is a perfectly formed small finger made of stone.

From beyond the thorn wall, you hear the veteran guard captain shout out, "Spire! Spire! Let us through these thorns please! There were only two shifters out here. They kept changing appearance and attacking the guards. Had us at our own throats for a bit, but they're dead now."

Velmont

First Post
The explanation seems to satisfy Malehan. As he hears the captain of the guard asking for the wall to come down, he turns to Chael. "Don't lower it yet."

"Captain, we stop the assassins. The ambassadors are safe for now. You are aware of the situation and we have some assaillant to question. As long as we don't know the number, we can't trust someone who got out of our sight. I think you can understand that. Will you allow us to question the changeling before we lower the wall?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let them pass, Chael. And next time don't tell everyone that I spoke to you. That way we may keep some tactics to ourselves." speaks kalashtar in his raspy voice.

"If you had torn throat, I'm fairly sure you would talk any other way if you could in preference to this ruined voice."

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna was intently scanning the room for any more foes to feed her hammer, and seemed to completely miss the exchange of lies and recriminations. Hearing the veteran guard on the other side of the wall shout the code word she moves forward. "That guard outside said the code word, lower the wall... and now I'm hungry again." The obsidian skinned fighter looks over her many wounds with a satisfied gaze, and whips the gore off of her mordenkrad with a spinning flourish once more before retrieving her shield.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead knight walks purposefully over to the Karrnath ambassador and looms over him, Czern's Karrnathi military dress impeccable save for the recent battle stains. You have failed the Wolf. See you do not fail further. Your child can yet be saved, but you must assist.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry Neurotic. I wasn't aware that your PC was often using telepathy to talk with us. I thought he could use it, but was unaware that he was using it. Chael would have responded that way a lot earlier. As for Kalashtar, it's an assumption that everyone knows about them. They look like humans and to blend in, many of them probably wouldn't use telepathy right and left. I was trying to stay IC there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases