Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Velmont

First Post
Malehan change his target and move next to Rohna and attack the assassin near the ambassador, striking true again.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Oath of Enmity on 2
Move: Walk to L22
Standard: Bond of Pursuit vs AC on 2 (2d20.takeHighest(1)+15=33, 2d4+11=16) Hit for 17 damages. If 2 moves away from Malehan on his turn, Malehan can shift 5 squares as a free action and he must end closer to 2.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 30/68; THP 6; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 26; Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[ ]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Close.pngDivine Guidance)
[X]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[X]Angelic Alacrity
[X]Sequestering Strike
[X]No Respite
[X]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[X]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[ ]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the posting delay. I went on vacation when 4M got back.

[MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION], Rohna stole my mark on #2 ??? By taking the mark, Rohna prevented #2 from taking automatic damage and also lowered Rohna's defenses vs. number 2 by 3.

Ok, I'm stealing it back. ;)

"Rohna, you've been injured enough today. Let me take the brunt of his attacks."

*Dusk, stay put.*

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Sustain Wall of Thorns.
Minor: Battlemind's Demand. #2 is marked and -3 to hit anyone but Chael and takes damage equal to #2 's damage if he does attack anyone but Chael.
Standard: Conductive Defense on foe 2.

20 vs. Reflex for 9 damage, misses by 1.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Actions]
In order:

IR
Mind Spike
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by Chael deals damage to her ally with an attack that doesn’t include her as a target.
Effect: The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to Chael's ally.

II
Guardian's Counter
Close burst 2; Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of Chael is hit by an attack and she is not included in the attack.
Effect: Chael and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. She becomes the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Chael can make a basic attack against the attacker.

IR
Forceful Reversal (augment 1)
Trigger: An enemy hits Chael.
Attack: +14 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square.
Effect: Chael doesn’t get her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 1:
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square and then shifts 1 square to the square the target vacated. In addition, she gains combat advantage against the target until the end of her next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 2
Hit: 2d8+6 force damage, and Chael knocks the target prone. The target cannot stand up until the start of its next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
Power Points: 3/4
HP 66/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Currently AC: 30 Fortitude 25 Reflex 21 Will 24

Action Points: 0
Second Wind: Not Used

Dusk:
HP: 33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15
Currently AC: 22, Fortitude: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 16

Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike

Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall

Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns

Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter

Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Czern nods at the bard, and saunters over towards the cluster of guards. Barreling in at the changeling, he slams his shield and hammer into the foe, disorienting him.
OOC: Move then charge to flank. Hit, 19 dmg and slowed.
[sblock=Immediate Actions]Sorted in order of importance:
- Opportunity Action (1/combatant): MBA if not marked and shift or attack not Czern while in aura: +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect; 2 damage on miss
- Opportunity Attack (1/combatant): MBA +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Guardian's Counter: (Immediate Interrupt) If ally w/ 2 sqs. hit by attack that drop them/bloodies and Czern not also attacked: Czern and ally swap positions, Czern becomes target, and can make MBA after resolved; +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Unbreakable: (Immediate Reaction) Czern hit by an attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 11.
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If Czern hit by attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
[/sblock][sblock=Czern Belog (Defender Aura; Defend the Line stance; +2 AC vs 6)]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 58/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 13/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat

Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Well, the one assassin left has 1 hp.... I guess we can call that the battle.

The unrelenting attacks from the heroes fell two of the last three assassins. The last changeling killer, after being struck by both kal'Tarron and Czern, falls helplessly to his knees. Tears stream down his face.

Czern and kal'Tarron hear him mumble weakly, "We've failed. You've killed us all."

Seeing the last assassin surrender and a few of the assassins still breathing, the Karrnath ambassador screams angrily, arms waving, "They are still alive?! Kill them all!! Don't stay your hand!! And you!! (he rounds on Chael) Make that barrier go away! I'm leaving now!" The ambassador tries to grab a blade and moves to try to cut down the thorn wall by hand.

[sblock=insight 22] It appears the Karrnathi ambassador is acting a little irrationally...[/sblock]

[sblock=Last Round Summary]
[sblock= Round Summary]
Venakhad hits assassin 2 for 11 damage. Rhona gains 6 THP

Rohna hits assassin 2 for 15 damage, over rides with 10 THP

Alexia hits assassin 6 for 14 damage, killing him.

Chael misses 2. Sustain thorn wall.

Malehan hits 2 for 17, killing him.

kal'tarron hits assassin 5 for 22 damage

Czern hits 5 for 19 damage, slowing.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Normal.

Brown squares are tables: difficult terrain.

Map: here.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update]
Czern Belog (G-7): 54/85; HS 13/15; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (M-22): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Dusk: (L-23): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus:

Malehan (L-20): 6 THP 30/68; HS 9/9; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Alexia Madgearu (F-11): 9 THP 53/65; HS 10/11; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

kal-Tarron (G-5): 31/56; HS 4/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (K-21): 5 THP 26/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Rohna (M-N, 19-20): 10 THP 30/76; HS 8/13; AP 0; Second Wind; Status; bloodied
Olaf: 5 THP 74/85 HP

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Assassin 5: surrenders

[/sblock]

[sblock=Assassin's Stats]
Leader: 26 AC ?? F 24 R ?? W
Changeling: (N-14) Damage taken: 176

Assassins: 23 AC ?? F 21 R 21 W
2. (M-21) Damage taken: 69 damage taken
3. (F-13) Damage taken: 72 damage taken

Assassins: 22 AC 20 F 20 R 19 W
4. (D-11) Damage taken: 98 damage taken
5. (G-6) Damage taken: 87 damage taken, bloodied

Assassins: 22 AC ?? F 21 R ?? W
6. (E-12) Damage taken: 75 damage taken
7. (J-11) Damage taken: 71 damage taken

Assassins: 21 AC ?? F ?? R 18 W
8. (D-11) Damage taken: 91 damage taken
9. (E-13) Damage taken: 89 damage taken

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ambassadors]
Aundair Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 27/30

Breland Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 22/30

Karrnath Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 27/30

Thrane Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 30/30
[/sblock][/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Hmmm. I wonder if any of the ambassadors here are Changelings. I've never seen anyone whose life was just saved act so rudely. I've never seen an ambassador act so rudely either. You are free to try to cut through it, but it won't work. It just regenerates. It'll only hurt a little if you walk through it though. Feel free." Chael says, glaring at the Karrnathi ambassador.""Well, maybe it'll hurt a lot." Chael laughs.

"We should guard the other two doors until a contigency of the guard can arrive." Chael says as an afterthought.

*Dusk, come here.*

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Sustain Wall of Thorns.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia bites her lip nervously as she looks around the room. She speaks softly as she approaches the ambassador, "Sir, it's alright, they pose no danger to you anymore. Surely we can question them first."

Velmont

First Post
Malehan walks between the Karrnath ambassador and the wall of thorn. "Kill them? The actions of these assassins would have started a war if they would have been successful. I don't know if you remember teh Last War, but I don't wish to see another one like that during my lifetime. We will put them to question and make sure the get the head of this attempt, not only the hand.

And you won't leave. There might be others waiting for the first occasion to complete what those ahve failed to do. Like killing you.

With all due repsect, ambassador, I would think you want to kill these assassins before they could reveal who hired them and why they are doing it, and you want to leave to flee this place before you get caught for complicity. But you are too a respectable man to think these assumption to be true."

As he tells that Malehan take a good look at the ambassador to see how dangerous he can be.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Insight (1d20+9=14) for whatever in the SBLOCK

Diplomacy (1d20+4=16) for insulting and taunting the ambassador without him getting mad against Malehan.

Perception (1d20+21=27) to get a good look at the ambassador to see if he has any weapon or otehr hidden items, or if he is a changelling himself.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: auto-pass insight (30)

"Please ambassadors...you're alive, assassination is stopped, but we cannot guarantee your safety if you go out until the place is cleared."

The priest looks carefully at each ambassador, reading subtle signs and surface thoughts as the opportunity presents itself.

If he judges he can get away with it, he sends to each in turn
"A-HA! Got you!" then apologizes to each if there is no (un)expected or stupid reaction.

OOC: roll for me, [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], I know changelings have insane bonuses to masquarade, but I have pretty good insight (+20) too

Remove ads