Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

rb780nm

First Post
Kept from his target, kal'Tarron spins and moves to the aid of the Aundair ambassador. As he strikes the assassin with a heavy blow, his visage shifts, taking on the aspect of wrathful Balinor.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priest sings anthem to honor and valor in battle. Rhona feels the power of DolArrah most strongly, but everyone is invigorated by the song. Well, everyone, but enemies which shy away from shinning symbol young priest presents.

The light of his spell lingers over the battlefield.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: G14
Minor: Healing word on Rhona for surge + (1d6+7=11) - Rhona gets +2 all defenses TENT, she gets additional +2 to AC and Ref or free shift 1. All allies and Venakhad within 5 squares of her get 5 thp (which is everyone).

Standard: Shinning symbol vs [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 Will; #8 Will; radiant damage (1d20+11+1=23, 1d20+11+1=25, 1d8+6=7)[/url] - both get -2 to attack rolls TENT Venakhad

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia hops over the seats and twists Venakhad's hymn with a very harsh harmony that sends a wave of painful sound and psychic compulsion ravening into a cluster of assassins.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to E12.
Minor: Screaming Drakescale armor power against #3 , giving him an additional -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
Standard: Shout of Triumph from C9 to E11, targeting 4, 5, and 8's Fort. 15 against 4, 22 against 5, 29 against 8 for 14 thunder damage. No pushing.
No Action: Essence of Death, triggering off hitting #8 (I assume I hit). I take d6 necrotic damage, which I resist, and 8 takes 7 necrotic damage.
Action Point: Satire of Bravery, aimed at the same block as before, targeting Will. 23 against [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 , 17 against #5 , 21 against #8 , for 17 psychic damage (8 on a miss)[/url]. Those hit are afflicted with Satire of Bravery (save ends). While Satirized, if they end their turn closer to me than they started it, they take 1d6+8 psychic damage and are dazed until the end of their next turn. As an effect, I push them around.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 53/65+5 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 10/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (1/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"My sincerest apologies Ambassadors. I cannot allow anyone to enter or leave the room until my associates here dispatch these ruffians and we get this unpleasantness all settled out. Like I mentioned a moment ago, get right next to and behind the Bear. It will eat anyone stupid enough to come near you." Chael says nonchalantly while concentrating on the foe in front of her. He grasps his head, only seeing Chael clearly while everyone else in the room appears to be a blur. She then backs away from the foe in front of her, a wall of thick writhing vines with sharp thorns appearing in the doorway, blocking it from both sides. Anyone entering that wall will be sliced to bits. "Come get some." Cheal taunts the man in front of her.

*Dusk, stay put. Protect those men.*

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Use Battlemind's Demand on foe 2. He is marked and at -3 to hit anyone but Chael.
Move: Move to N18, this provokes an OA. Dusk does not move.
Standard: Use Wall of Thorns.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Reaction]
Chael will use Forceful Reversal (augment 1) if an enemy melee attacks her (except the OA from foe #2 since that occurs on Chael's turn).

Trigger: An enemy hits Chael.
Attack: +14 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square.
Effect: Chael doesn’t get her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 1:
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square and then shifts 1 square to the square the target vacated. In addition, she gains combat advantage against the target until the end of her next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 2
Hit: 2d8+6 force damage, and Chael knocks the target prone. The target cannot stand up until the start of its next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
Power Points: 3/4
HP 66/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Currently AC: 28, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 22

Action Points: 0
Second Wind: Not Used

Dusk:
HP: 33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15
Currently AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15

Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike

Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall

Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns

Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter

Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 3, "Ambassador Building"
Rohna, Goliath Fighter/Warlord 8

A few moments after her magnificent charge, Rohna wakes up flat on her back behind Olaf. She shakes her head and rolls to her feet smoothly, leaping back into the saddle with truly expert skill. With hammer still in hand she rolls her shoulders to adjust her skeleton to all the damage her frame has taken. The fighter's cloak flares out behind her, by a stiff breeze that nobody else can feel, and the majority of her wounds vanish before everyone's eyes. "Now where were we?"
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: Practiced Rider to remount
Move: Stand from prone
Standard: Second Wind +38HP & +2 all def UENT
Action Point: ...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (30), Fort: 22(26), Reflex: 15 (19), Will: 17(21) — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 71/76 (5THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 9/13;
AP: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Rain of Steel

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily, )
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Onyx Dog (daily, standard)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 65/85 (5THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]Squares adjacent to Rohna cost 2 movement for enemies to enter.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)
+30HP +5THP from Venakhed
+38HP from 2nd wind with cloak of the walking wounded[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Ambassador Attack, Round 4

The leader hisses several commands, "Circle like the pack hunt. Slay these fools!"

The party fights onward, felling several of the assassins. The assassins counter attack, landing heavy blows to kal'Tarron and Rohna.

The one assassin, dazed from Alexia's attack, charges in recklessly and suffers further damage from the bards magic. The foe he was trying to rescue attempts to fade into the background, but only Alexia is unable to detect the changling now.

The assassin who has penetrated furthest into the room ignores Chael and charges the Brellish ambassador again.

[sblock= Round Summary]
Czern OA hits 9 for 17 damage, knocks prone. Hits assassin 3 for 18.

Malehan hits 9 for 18 damage, killing him.

kal'tarron hits 7 for 33 damage, killing him.

Venakhad hits 3 and 8 for 7 damage, they are -2 to hit TENT.

Alexia increases penalty to -4, hits 8 and kills him, 22 damage to assassin 5 (bloodies him) and deals 17 damage to assassin 4 and affected by Satire (save ends).

Chael invokes thorn wall, marks number 2.

Rohna is healed by Venakhad, uses second wind.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Normal.

Brown squares are tables: difficult terrain.

Map: here.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update]
Czern Belog (F-14): 58/85; HS 13/15; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (N-18): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Dusk: (N-23): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus:

Malehan (D-12): 56/68; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu (E-12): 53/65; HS 10/11; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

kal-Tarron (I-10): 16/56; HS 6/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (G-14): 59/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna ((H-I, 7-8)): 54/76; HS 9/13; AP 0; Second Wind; Status; ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Olaf (H-I, 7-8): 74/85 HP, dazed (save ends)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Changling Leader: Move to J-9, which provokes OA from Rohna: 18 vs. AC miss (roll). Wait until Rohna is flanked, then uses double attack on Rohna (+2 for CA) and kal'Tarron: 22 AC vs. Rohna (miss). vs. kal'Tarron: 26 vs. AC, hit for 22 damage (roll).

Assassin 5: Move to G-6, flanking Rohna. Bone Longsword vs. Rohna: hit AC 30 for 17 damage and Rohna takes ongoing 5 damage (roll).

Assassin 6: Moves across table (difficult terrain) to H-11. Recharge assassin's quarry: no. Standard: Assassin's Longblade vs. kal'Tarron: hit AC 31 for 18 damage (roll).

Assassin 4: Move: D-11. Recharge: No escape: success. Move to D-11. Standard: No escape vs. Alexia: Miss. Satire Effect: Takes 10 damage and is dazed TENT. Save vs. Satire: Fail.

Assassin 3: Standard: Cloud Mind (close burst 5) vs. Czern, Malehan, Alexia, Venakhad: Czern: 1d20+11 → [8,11] = (19) -4+2 (CA)= 17, 1d20+11 → [10,11] = (21) -4=17 (Malehan), 1d20+11 → [16,11] = (27) -4=23 (Alexia) and 1d20+11 → [14,11] = (25)-4=21 Venakhad. Roll. So assassin is only invisible to Alexia. No movement.

Assassin 2: Move south to R-16. Standard: Charge Breland Ambassador: Hit for 9 damage (roll). whoops, miss due to mark.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Assassin's Stats]
Leader: ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Changling: (J-9) Damage taken:

Assassins: 23 AC ?? F 21 R 21 W
2. (U-20) Damage taken: marked (Chael)
3. (F-13) Damage taken: 36 damage taken, used Cloud Mind

Assassins: 22 AC 20 F ?? R 19 W
4. (D-11) Damage taken: 27, Satire of Bravery (save ends), dazed TENT, used No Escape
5. (G-6) Damage taken: 46 damage taken, bloodied

Assassins: 22 AC ?? F 21 R ?? W
6. (H-11) Damage taken: 0, used Assassin's Quarry
7. (J-11) Damage taken: 71 damage taken

Assassins: 21 AC ?? F ?? R 18 W
8. (D-11) Damage taken: 91 damage taken
9. (E-13) Damage taken: 89 damage taken

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ambassadors]
Aundair Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 27/30

Breland Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 22/30

Karrnath Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 27/30

Thrane Ambassador: 16 AC 16 F 18 R 18 W
Hit Points: 30/30
[/sblock]

GM: Your turn.

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
As Alexia's blow fells his holy target, kal'Tarron feels the healing energies of Balinor's approval wash over him, closing his wounds.
OOC:
Free Interrupt: Blessing of Vengeance, gain 14 tHP

Spinning to face the changeling, kal'Tarron raises his holy symbol once more and intones the curse of Balinor upon the assasin.

OOC:
Move: Shift to J10
Minor: OoE on Changeling
Standard: Second Wind
AP: Aspect of Might on Changeling (1d20+12=16, 1d20+12=31, 3d12+6=24)
Hits AC 31 for 24 hp; half damage on miss. Until end of encounter, gain +5 bonus to athletics checks, +2 Power bonus to speed and to damage rolls.

*Changeling and 6 are at -2 AC from the Menacing presence

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Empowered by the death of one of her foes, Alexia continues to lay into the assassin. After landing a heavy blow she steps back, her mere presence compelling those around her to blood-thirsty efficiency.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Lifeblood, triggering off killing assassin 8, gain 9 thp.
Minor: Divine Challenge assassin 4 , 8 damage for attacking someone else.
Standard: Rally the Spectral Host vs assassin 4 . Hits AC 26 for 16 damage. Until the end of my next turn I have an aura 2. Allies in the aura gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +2 power bonus to damage rolls.
Move: Shift to F12.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 53/65+9 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 10/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (1/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Malehan see the changeling and decide to swing at his opponent next to him. As his blade strike true, both disappear to reappear near the changeling. Malehan take his attention toward the changeling and strike him, luring him into a dangerous position. "Rhona, he is yours. Chael, you and Dusk, get the one who is on the ambassador!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Start: Oath of Enmity recharge after the death of 9.
Minor: Oath of Enmity vs 4.
Standard: Sequestering Strike vs AC on 4 (2d20.takeHighest(1)+16=35, 2d4+13=18) I rolled 2d4 instead of 4d4, so Hit for 19 + Damage (2d4=7).
26 damages vs 4. 4 is teleported to H9 and Malehan to E9.
Minor: Refocus Enmity vs Changelling
Action Point: Overwhealming Strike vs AC on Changeling (2d20.takeHighest(1)+15=31, 2d4+11=18) Hit AC 31 for 18 damages. Assuming it hit and Malehand shift to I10 and the Changelling is slided to I9
No Action: Centered Flurry of Blow on 6. He takes 7 damages nad is slided to H10

Summary:
4 end at H9 with 26 damages.
6 end at H10 with 7 damages.
C end at I9 with 18 damages.
Malehan end at I10.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 68/68; THP 0; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 26; Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[ ]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Close.pngDivine Guidance)
[X]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[X]Angelic Alacrity
[X]Sequestering Strike
[ ]No Respite
[X]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[ ]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]