Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 5, "Street Fight"
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8

After the near miss, Rohna whirls her weapon over her obsidian head and cracks the ring leader in the head again. The force of the whirling weapon spins the dire boar in his spot and the foe that was behind the mounted warrior is hit as well by the careening hammer. The fighter and mount end up facing the same way when she finally stops her spinning attack.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: ...
Standard: Passing Strike on RL and 6, hit AC 24vRL, 16 dmg, AC32v6, 15 dmg. Marking RL & 6 TENT.
Full Attack: ...
Gore: ...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 86/76 (10THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily, )
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Onyx Dog (daily, standard)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (5THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]OoC: Squares around Rohna cost 2 movement for enemies to enter. Sheesh I'm forgetting my own items, my roll doesn't take into account my bracers.

rb780nm

First Post
With a roar, kal'Tarron swings his axe once more. As the blade gathers speed, it grows and seems to become much sharper - and blood drips from kal'Tarron's hands. The blow strikes, and the man is surrounded by a sphere fo flame, that roils and writhes - looking for anyone who might offend the deva's Lords and earn a fiery rebuke.

OOC:
Standard: Halo of Fire, on 5, w OoE and Bloodclaw (1d20+12=15, 1d20+12=30, 2d12+12=21)

Hits AC 30 for 21, Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that ends its turn next to the target takes 5+4(int) fire damage

Also, kal'Tarron takes 3 damage from the blood claw.

As a reminder, I get +1 defense because my OoE target is bloodied (and +1 versus any bloodied attacker - not sure if they stack)

[/OOC] [sblock=Quick Stats]kal'Tarron, Deva Avenger 6 Speaks in Bold Purple[/B HP 18/56 Temp HP 5 Initiative +4 AC 24, Fort 16, Reflex 19, Will 19 AP 1, Surges 8/8, (14hp)Edit +1 defense against bloodied creature, Resist 8 Necrotic, Radiant, 2 Posion, Censure of Retribution, Sanguine Vestments +1 (+1 defense when OoE target is bloodied), Amulet of Health +1, Coif of Mindiron
Powers

Bond of Retribution

Radiant Vengeance

[] Avenging Echo

[] Halo of Fire

[x] Oath of Emnity

[] Chanel Divinity

[] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes

[x] Bloodclaw Great Axe

[] Coif of Mindiron

[] Aspect of Might

[] Blessing of Vengeance

[] Couter of Second Chances

[x] Menacing Presence

[] Wrath of the Divine

Special [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: It looks like we're just waiting for [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], so I'll give him a little poke.

Of note, #7 and #5 are down.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia calmly steps next to the thugs' leader and drives her blade into his side, twisting away his armor as she does so. She then looks to kal'Tarron and makes a quick motion with her hand which slows the deva's blood loss.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to D26
Standard: Guiding Strike vs Ring Leader. Hits AC 27 for 14 damage, and he takes a -2 penalty to AC until the end of my next turn.
Minor: Majestic Word on kal, healing surge + 11 and giving him 5 thp.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 51/65+5 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 11/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (1/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Czern takes off and charges down the fleeing swordsman. His hammer slams heavily on his leg. With a sickening crunch, Czern can tell the leg is broken. Leek falls heavily into the wall, knocking him unconscious.

The magic projectiles from Chael's blade and kal'Tarron's holy fire bring down another one of the thugs.

The beatings from Rohna, Malehan and Alexia are taking their toll. The leader is bleeding and reeling. His beady, glinting eyes dart back and forth between the goliath, shifter and elf.

At that moment, the guards alerted by the heroes back at the bridge finally arrive. They bear down on the thugs, wrestling them to the ground. The captain of the guard recognizes the Alexia and Venakhad from earlier.

"It looks like you caught the man you were after, yes? One of these men murdered someone?"

GM: These guys are all but done in. The guard will arrest them and this ends the first encounter. Please feel free to update me with what you want to do (including surges spent now). The man in black did go south to the lift. If luck is on your side, he may have been delayed.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"These guys only slowed us up a little. We might be able to still catch up to this guy in black if we hurry. Course if we don't, a few of these guys will still be here unconscious and we can question them when we get back."

OOC: If we go without a short rest, we are only 30 seconds back or so.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"These are street thugs the murderer hired to slow us down! Too bad it didn't work. Onward!"

The raspy voice doesn't carry well, but is reinforced by mental sending in quick sequence to all in range like an echo of the ruined voice. This mental voice is strong and confident, such as the priest maybe would have if hale.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
kal'Tarron's wounds look bad, but he seems to ignore them as he quickly wipes his axe. "After him!" he shouts.

I'll heal kar'Tarron when we get into the fight. I have sub-effects bound to Healing word that are better used in the fight :)

Remove ads