Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: It's my bad, I got about half way through reading before figuring you had just reposted the rules, so didn't read all the way to the bottom (where the only change was). So if my post is creative enough for the success then it will stand, otherwise I'll have to change my description of my action since Rohna won't be committing suicide today. Looks like even after a year off, the dice gods still hate me just as much as ever.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] As interesting as a stance on that would be, even if you failed the roll, I wouldn't let Rohna fall the thousands of feet to her death during a skill challenge. ;)

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron stops near the activation runes and examines them, looking for a way to open the way again. However, his knowledge of the arcane is lacking - if only the bridges ran on prayers...

--

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: History 10, Arcana 25 for sblocks

Alexia stares, mouth agape, as Malehan and Rohna attempt to go over the ever-widening gap. "Eheheh, no, I don't think I'll be doing that," she mutters to herself. "Not unless I've suddenly developed the ability to turn myself into a bat." She then stops talking, as though seriously considering the possibility, but with a shake of her head she dismisses that plan. "Let's see, he was able to activate the bridge, quickly, which means he's probably either really smart or really important. But... where would he go next?" She tries to plot out alternative routes, but she is mildly distracted by thinking about how useful being able to turn into a bat would be.

OOC: Streetwise 22. Bullfeathers!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead warrior continued walking, even when the bridge began to retract. When he got to the end... he kept walking. Czern had seen the sky ferries and air taxis and other craft, and knew if he stepped off, he would likely land on one of them. And damage meant nothing to him, for he was already dead.
OOC: Sharn pays a bounty for casting feather fall on falling people, did you know that? ;)

Czern is going to suck it up and try to land on a nearby taxi/whatnot after falling some (few ? :)) feet via Endurance. Assuming the Endurance roll succeeds, he'd 'convince' the driver to let him off on the other side. ;) Endurance: Almost.... (22 vs 23).

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Since Chael was staying with the soldier at first, now she and Dusk just run to catch up with everyone else "Brews, have the healers try to help this man when they get here."

FourMonos

First Post
The Chase, Round 3

[sblock=Correction of Geography] I need to correct an error. The Dura tower is west of the Central tower, so our outlaw is fleeing east (not west as previously stated) [/sblock]

After two amazing athletic feats by Rohna and Malehan, the kalashatar's quick thinking and even quicker tongue save the day.

The guard captain, alerted to the danger, runs quickly to the western column and activates the controls to close the bridge. Almost as if unaware, the Karnathi knight strides past him. With a grinding of gears, the bridge reverses its direction.

Steadily the knight walks its length, faster than the sky bridge can close. Several pedestrians hold their breath as the knight lifts its armored leg over the edge of oblivion... and the armored boot falls just on the far side of the closing expanse. A moment later, the bridge is fully closed and the heroes chase on after the man in black.

Much farther along now, the group sees the man in black heading for one of the Central tower lifts.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Recap: This challenge uses the Obsidian Skill Challenge system

There will be 3 segments. In each segment, every player posts 1 action and can make a Skill Check. At the end of 3 segments, if you have a total of:

Round One: Successes: 5
Round Two: Successes: 3 (Rohna, Malehan, Venakhad)

Total: 8

12 or more successes: Victory!
10 or 11 successes: Partial Victory.
9 or fewer successes: Failure.

The DC for each Skill Check is 23. Yes, that's pretty high. So you'll want to increase your chances by being creative. Here are some options you have to increase your chances:

Good Roleplaying: If your action is exceptionally clever or well described, I'll give you a +2 to your skill check.

Primary Skill: If you use one of the primary skills for the challenge (see below), you get a +2.

Aid Another: You can skip your roll for the skill challenge to roll an assist instead. The DC for this roll is 14. You get no successes towards the challenge, but the next player to roll gets a +2, as long as their action is related to the skill you rolled (it doesn't have to be the exact same skill).

Critical Success: If you roll a natural 20, it's an automatic success and you get an extra success! (2 successes total.)

Bold Recovery: You may spend an Action Point to reroll a skill check. (Only one point per challenge, just like it's one per encounter for combat.)

Unburdened: You may spend a healing surge to ignore the Armour Check Penalty for one skill for the rest of the challenge. You can spend more healing surges to do this for more skills.

Go For Broke: In the third and last segment of the challenge, before anybody rolls, the group can decide that they're going for broke. In this case, all rolls are at -5, but if you succeed you get an extra success. (So if you crit, you get 3 successes!)

Rituals and Powers: Appropriate rituals will give either an automatic success or a bonus to a roll. Same with use of a Daily Power, if you can figure out how it would apply out of combat. Use of Encounter powers generally give a +2 if I feel it's appropriate, but they can only be used once during the challenge.

Primary Skills: This round, primary skills are Endurance and Athletics. You've got to hustle to catch him! The bonus applies to these skills, but feel free to use others.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases