Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Vertexx69

First Post
The Depths Platforms Round 4
Rohna, Goliath Fighter/Warlord 8

Rohna finally shakes the muck from her feet. Her armor melts away as she gains her feet and she takes a few slogging steps under the platform and out of the sight line on the harpy.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak, save vs Immobilize=17
Minor: Summoning Plate
Move: Stand
Standard: Move to (W11) under the platform.
Action Point: ...
Gore: ...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 0
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26 with Shield), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17 with Shield), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 34/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 6/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Onyx Dog (daily, standard)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 74/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]Squares adjacent to Rohna cost +1 movement for enemies to enter. I am so totally changing my weapon to something with reach.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Okay, couple things. Sorry for the delay. Work has been busy, then I started the update and was halfway through and my laptop shut down and I had to start over, so then I was annoyed and dragged my feet starting again.
@Velmont The power you used says 'Can not push into danger, make a save or cause damage, so I don't think you can push GG2 (or GCF4 for that matter) off the platform. I left GCF4 pushed to current location. I pushed GG2 three squares down from his location to V-16. Let me know if that isn't alright.
@stonegod The attack is a single action: Double Attack: Make Claw attacks against two enemies. That doesn't sound like it would trigger an OA since one of the targets of the attack is Czern. Let me know what you think.

The troll clambers to his feet, "You worthless wenches, that she-devil attacks my shadow brother! Finish her!"

The harpies obey the troll's command, swooping down around Alexia, beating at her with their filthy wings. One of the harpies lands a scratch along Alexia's back side.

The first gnoll to end up in the muck climbs the rest of the way up to the platform. The second gnoll in the sewage tries to get as far away from the monster as possible, and then climbs half way up.

One gnoll stands and charges past Chael, landing a running slash. The archer near her lands a vicious arrow. The gnoll with enlarged fangs attacks Chael but fails to chomp her.

The creature below, watching its potential meals fleeing, reaches out and grabs Dusk, pulling it toward its maul.

The troll's closest allies try to recover from the elven avengers onslaught. The harpy flies around the back and blasts kal'Tarron and Venakhad with a stunning screech.

The troll hisses, "You warrior, taste the darkness!" The troll balls up a ball of shadow in its hands and throws it toward the knight. Perhaps because of his undead, it has no effect on the knight.

The gnoll near kal'Tarron attacks, scoring a hit. It howls with glee, quickly joined by its comrade who scores a savage blow on Malehan

[sblock=religion 15] The gnolls and troll all bare marks of offering to Yeenoghu, the patron demon of gnoll kind. Other beings worship the jackal headed demon as well. [/sblock]
[sblock=nature or dungeoneering 18] The thing in the muck is definitely a otyugh, not surprising given they feed on anything and are common in sewers or other disgusting areas. Given their low intelligence, these creatures are likely neutral and not allies of the other creatures here. [/sblock]

[sblock= Hero Round Summary]
Malehan hits GCF5 for 17 damage and 24 damage. Pushes GCF4 and GG2. Summons soul seeker.

kal'tarron misses GCF4

Czern hits troll for 17 damage. (Awaiting input on OA)

Alexia misses Shadow Troll. Saved vs. daze

Chael hits GCF2 for 12 damage, knocking prone.

Venakhad takes OA from attack, but hits and kills shadow troll.

Rohna finally makes save.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim light. Objects/enemies >3 squares away are considered to have partial concealment. (Unless you have vision benefits)

Platforms are 30 feet above the sludge. Rusty railings are present around outside of platforms. There are support beams and girders around the bottom of the platforms. YOU CAN WALK UNDER PLATFORMS.

DC for climbing is athletics or acrobatics 15 (due to slime buildup on the structure)

Sludge is difficult terrain.

Boxes of Debris are difficult terrain.

Map: Here.

You can see something wrapped in a cloak and bound with ropes on the platform behind the troll. (Blue square on map)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update]
Czern Belog (U-13): 19/85;HS 12/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Chael (E-19): 6/66; HS 11/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 defenses (Dusk), bloodied
Dusk: (H-20): 13/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Status: +1 defenses (Chael), bloodied

Malehan (W-12): 26/68; HS 7/9; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: +2 AC, bloodied

Alexia Madgearu (H-16): 49/65; HS 9/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: immobilized (save ends)

kal-Tarron (U-12): 18/56; HS 3/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: Dazed (save ends)

Venakhad (T-13): 20/59; HS 6/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: Dazed (save ends)

Rohna (W-11 (under)): 55/76; HS 6/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;
Olaf: 74/85 HP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

GCF1: Climb up rest of way, move to G-27.

GCF3: Movement: Move to J-17. Movement: Move and climb at K-16.

GCF2: Movement: Stand. Standard: Mobile Melee attack vs. Chael: hits for 15 damage. Finishes move at D-17.

GG1: Movement: Shift to E-20. Bite vs. Chael: miss.

GF1: Fang Bow vs. Chael: 34 vs. AC hits for 14 damage.

Harpy 2: Movement: move to I-15 Claw vs. Alexia: Miss.

Harpy 3: Movement: move to G-17. Claw vs. Alexia: Hit for 5 damage.

Swamp Thing: Grabs Dusk: Roll. Pulls him two squares and Dusk is grabbed (DC 16).

Harpy 1: Movement: Move to R-15. (Causes Venakhad to shift to T-13). Standard: Deadly Screech vs. Czern, Venakhad, kal'Tarron: 16, 21 and 26. Hits Ven and kal for 12 damage and they are dazed (save ends).

Troll: Start: Regeneration 10. Movement: Stand. Standard: Shadow Blind vs. Czern: misses. Czern gets an OA.

GCF5: Claw vs. Malehan: Hit 33 vs AC for 13 damage.

GCF4: Claw vs. kal'Tarron: 28 vs. AC hits for 13 damage.

GG2: Movement: Move to W-13. Standard: Bite vs. Malehan: miss.

Troll Shade 1: Claw Attack vs. Venakhad: 30 vs. AC hits for 9 damage.

GF2: Fang Bow vs. Czern: Crit for 25.

Swamp Thing: Move to J-K, 22-23. Attack vs. GCF1: Hit for 13 damage (including fall damage).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kidnappers]
Troll: 23 AC ?? F ?? R 20 W
(U-V, 14-15) Damage taken: 68
Status: Used Call Troll Shade x2, slowed, used Shadow Blind

Troll Shade 1: (R-S, 11-12)
Troll Shade 2: (Q-R, 15-16)

Gnolls: 22 AC 20 F 18 R 17 W
1. GCF1 (G-27) Damage taken: 43 damage taken, bloodied
2. GCF2 (D-17) Damage taken: 48 damage, bloodied
3. GCF3 (K-16) Damage taken: 20 damage
4. GCF4 (U-11) Damage taken: 34 damage, OoE (kal)
5. GCF5 (V-11) Damage taken: 78 damage, OoE (mal) bloodied

More Gnolls: 19 AC 20 F ?? R 18 W
1. GG1 (E-20) Damage taken: 27
2. GG2 (W-13) Damage taken: 39

Even More Gnolls! ?? AC 20 F ?? R ?? W
1. GF1 (D-31) Damage taken: 13
2. GF2 (AC-11) Damage taken:

Harpies: ?? AC ?? F ?? R 19 W
1. H1 (R-15) Damage taken: used Deadly Screech
2. H2 (I-15) Damage taken: 10, used Deadly Screech
3. H3 (G-17) Damage taken: used Deadly Screech

(*Please note! The harpies elevation (in squares) is marked on the map. So a 6 would indicate 30 feet up (level with the platforms).)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Swamp Thing] ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
(I-J, 20-21): Damage taken:
[/sblock]

GM: The comedy of errors that has prevented much game time continues. Despite this, I put this together.

If you guys have anything left in the tank, you better use it.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=DM] [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], which defense does deadly screech target? It's hard to check the attacks if one doesn't know what to look for :)
[/sblock]

Venakhad closes his eyes, committing himself fully to The Path of Light, the priest shines with inner light, lifting the spirits and closing the wounds of men (and women) all around him. Enemies in the area squint as the light pierces the gloom and darkness and sears at the inner darkness of the evil creatures.

[sblock=Actions]
Start of the turn (Kalashar dual soul): Save vs Dazed (1d20=1) - BAH!

Standard: Healer's Mercy:
Czern, Venakhad, Malehan, Rhona and kalTarron regain surge +7hp
Venakhad is weakened TENT

I believe we got APs after last encounter, right? Thugs on the street + assassins in the hall
AP: Peacemakers Light: Shade 1, Troll, Harpy 1, CGF4, GCF5
The next time each target hits or misses Venakhad or one of his allies with an attack before the end of it's next turn, it takes 10 cold and radiant damage.
GG2 avoids this by 1 square :)
remains: DAZED
[/sblock]

[sblock=Venakhad stats]
Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 30, Passive Perception 21
HP 41/59, Bloodied 29, Surge Value 14, Surges 5/8
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 23
0/1 AP
Speed 6

Astral Seal
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Hymn of Resurgence
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Prescient Maneuver
Shinning Symbol
Peacemaker's Light

Healing Word
Healing Word
Healer's Mercy
Divine Fortune

Moment of Glory
Return From Death's Door
Iron to Glass

Symbol of the Holy Nimbus +1 Critical: +1d6. Property: When healing word is used Venakhad and allies withing 5 squares get 5 temporary hit points
Healer's Brooch +1 Property: +1 NADs. When Venakhad uses power that regains hit points to the target(s) add +1 to regained value.
Medic's Mace +1 Critical: +1d6 radiant damage, Property: when Venakhad uses Channel Divinity power one ally within 10 squares regains 4 hp. Daily power: standard action: regain use of Channel Divinity for this encounter.
Delver's Hide +2 Daily power: free action: gain +2 bonus to saving throw just rolled. Use new result.
Helm of Battle Property: Venakhad and allies within 5 squares of him get +1 item bonus to initiative checks
Spell Anchors Daily Free Action: Sustain one power that normally requires a minor action to sustain.

[sblock=Immediates - only Return from Death's Door can bi triggered]
if two or more allies would be saved from the attack, if one ally would be dropped by the attack or dropped into hazardous terrain:
Bastion of Mental Clarity (Immediate Interrupt when An enemy hits or misses Venakhad with an attack against his Will.; encounter) ✦ [Racial power]
Close burst 5; Target: Each ally in burst Effect: Each target gains a +4 power bonus to Will until the end of your next turn.

If it would make the attack hit on non-minion or make saving throw succeed
Divine Fortune (Free; Channel Divinity; encounter) ✦ [Divine]
Effect: Venakhad gains a +1 bonus to his next attack roll or saving throw before the end of his next turn.

If taking ongoing 10, stunned, dominated or immobilized in hazardous position (taking damage)
Delves hide: free action: gain +2 bonus to saving throw just rolled. Use new result.

if it would prevent charger from hitting (by moving out of range) or if it can position Venakhad for Peacemakers light (burst 2) and Peacemaker light wasn't used yet:
Prescient Maneuver (Immediate Interrupt when Enemy moves willingly on it's turn within 5 squares of Venakhad; encounter)
Venakhad shifts 3 squares

As needed:
Return From Death's Door (Immediate Interrupt when An ally withing withing 20 squares fails a death saving throw; daily) ✦ [Divine, Healing]
Target succeedes on death saving throw and can spend a healing surge and regain extra 7 hp
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: [Mention=10]FourMonos[/Mention]Is Rohna in LOE of Venakhad's heal? It's hard to tell what's going on above and below the platforms?

Also, I'm going to wait to see if Alexia heals Chael before posting her round.

[sblock=Immediate Reaction]
Forceful Reversal on GCF2

natural 1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: The platforms are more like grates in most places, some cement posts at others. In general terms, you can see through them. I think the problem is that Rohna is six squares under Venakhad (elevation wise) [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], what is the range of the ability? I know I could look it up, but I started writing this before and...

Remove ads