Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Hold on, soldier, you're not dying on me!"
focused thought echo in dying soldier's will as golden light flows from the young priest.

He kneels down
"One of my House will soon be here. Hold on. Think of what happened here. I hear you."

More kalashtar focuses, more of his quory spirit can be felt, stronger then in most of his race.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia rises from the bar and stands over the wounded guard, her expression more one of curiosity than concern. "Why would someone attempt to murder a guard in broad daylight?" she muses.

rb780nm

First Post
"Yes, Seraph. I will avenge this perversion of our master's cycle," kal'Tarron says todo done only he can see as her races after the murderer.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Confusion]So, there seems to be some confusion on what we can/cannot do.
- Are we all supposed to stuck at the guard? No one chasing the bad guy?
- Are we healing the guard, or is that the side trek for the Tavern?
Clarification requested.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I was just waiting for everybody to check in before the adventure started. And, as of today, everyone has. I'll post the first part sometime this tonight or weekend.

FourMonos

First Post
The fallen soldier grabs Chael hard with his left hand. He seems to be dying before your eyes.

"Help me! You have got to stop them. If you don't... cough... there will be an assassination that may throw us all into war..."

Chael's perceptive eyes note the soldier is wearing a badge. Weakly, the soldier takes it off and pushes it into her hand.

The brief hesitation at the door does allow the man in black some distance and chasing him down will be harder because of it.

Skill Challenge!:
This challenge will use the Obsidian Skill Challenge system, which works like this:

There will be 3 segments. In each segment, every player posts 1 action and can make a Skill Check. At the end of 3 segments, if you have a total of:

12 or more successes: Victory!
10 or 11 successes: Partial Victory.
9 or fewer successes: Failure.

The DC for each Skill Check is 23. Yes, that's pretty high. So you'll want to increase your chances by being creative. Here are some options you have to increase your chances:

Good Roleplaying: If your action is exceptionally clever or well described, I'll give you a +2 to your skill check.

Primary Skill: If you use one of the primary skills for the challenge (see below), you get a +2.

Aid Another: You can skip your roll for the skill challenge to roll an assist instead. The DC for this roll is 14. You get no successes towards the challenge, but the next player to roll gets a +2, as long as their action is related to the skill you rolled (it doesn't have to be the exact same skill).

Critical Success: If you roll a natural 20, it's an automatic success and you get an extra success! (2 successes total.)

Bold Recovery: You may spend an Action Point to reroll a skill check. (Only one point per challenge, just like it's one per encounter for combat.)

Unburdened: You may spend a healing surge to ignore the Armour Check Penalty for one skill for the rest of the challenge. You can spend more healing surges to do this for more skills.

Go For Broke: In the third and last segment of the challenge, before anybody rolls, the group can decide that they're going for broke. In this case, all rolls are at -5, but if you succeed you get an extra success. (So if you crit, you get 3 successes!)

Rituals and Powers: Appropriate rituals will give either an automatic success or a bonus to a roll. Same with use of a Daily Power, if you can figure out how it would apply out of combat. Use of Encounter powers generally give a +2 if I feel it's appropriate, but they can only be used once during the challenge.

Primary Skills: for this portion of the challenge are Athletics, Endurance and Perception. But this just means you get a bonus to use these - be creative with your skills.

GM: And we're off! Sorry about the delay. You are supposed to chase the man in black, but I wanted to make sure everyone was ready to start. Feel free to post in a rounds format. I'll update after everyone takes one turn.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead warrior barely notes the words of the dying man as it pushes forward. It was tireless and could push itself farther than any mere mortal. It begins a marching chant heard usually in the cold lands where hunger and sacrifice were the norm, its cadence unwavering. The Wolf does not falter or tire, it is not hindered nor afraid. Its foes are battered, broken; with red snow we slake our thirst.
OOC: Spend 1 HS to ignore armor penalty to Endurance; w/ +2 primary bonus, our tireless knight as a +19 check: Succeed.
[sblock=Czern Belog]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 85/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 14/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat
Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Venakhad uses his extensive study of sapient psyche and deep understanding of people motivation, along with a brief glimpse into assassins mind, he starts toward the side street not directly after the assassin, reading it's intent to move in zig-zag pattern, trying to shake off the pursuit.

Insight to predict assassin movement (1d20+17=35)

Velmont

First Post
The assassin move through the crowd, but Malehan keep the man in sight, whatever the evasive maneuver he is trying to do. "He is heading into that alley!" shouts Malehan before following the assassin.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Perception (1d20+23=24) It was an automatic success for Perception, but I rolled in case of a 20... and it is a 1. Still a 24.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads