D&D 4th Edition Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g - Page 18





+ Log in or register to post
Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 544
  1. #171
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,042

    Ignore Neurotic
    If we have full set of actions, then Venakhad would move further inside too (O41)

 

  • #172
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Round 1, "Guard Station"
    Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8


    Rohna pushes strait forward through her fellow investigators, throwing the doors wide as she goes, looking to both sides as she moves. Her hammer is in one hand and her mundane heavy shield in the other, until something happens. "He's got to be around here somewhere. Are we going with the presumption that he already knows the layout of this place?"
    Combat Actions
    Free: Speak
    Minor: ...
    Move: double move to (N/36-O/37)
    Standard: ...
    Full Attack: ...
    Gore: ...
    Rohna
    Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
    Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
    AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
    HP: 76/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
    AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
    Powers -
    Crushing Surge
    Cleave
    Pass Forward
    Practiced Rider
    Passing Strike
    Rhino Strike
    Hydra Charge
    Stone's Endurance
    Villain's Menace
    Rain of Steel

    Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily, )
    Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
    Onyx Dog (daily, standard)
    Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
    Pals
    Olaf—Dire Boar 6
    Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

    Gretta—Construct 4
    Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
    AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
    HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

    Bite
    (standard; at-will)
    +7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.
    OoC: Squares around Rohna cost 2 movement for enemies to enter.
    Last edited by Vertexx69; Tuesday, 19th June, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #173
    The guard captain runs with the group into the hallway next to the entrance hall. The large hallway is similarly decorated with banners of famous Brellish victories. The large statues which decorate this hall pay homage to the Dragonmarked Houses. The chimera of House Deneith flanks this large set of doors with the gorgan of House Cannith. Each statue towers in the hallway.

    As soon as the group reaches this hallway, the sounds of battle can be heard more clearly. Past the large stone chimera to the left, figures can be seen battling.

    The guard captain calls out, "Ricks! What's going on? Who is attacking?"

    He draws his blade and turns to the adventures.

    "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I need to help my men fight whoever snuck into the building disguised as Riork. You need to go into the main audience chamber and make sure nothing happens to the ambassadors. Don't worry,there should be a squad of men in the Greeting Hall to help protect them."

    He gives a nod before saying, "As you said before, 'Spire' shall identify us to each other."

    The veteran guard advances down the hallway before Rohna opens the door to the aforementioned Greeting Hall.

    Perhaps he wouldn't be so optimistic should he see the men assigned to protect the ambassadors laying down all over the room.

  • #174
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    Ignore rb780nm
    kal'Tarron moves with the group, but something distracts him and he is slow to react...

    OOC: Initiative (1d20+4=5)

    That's two natural 1s in a row (this and an attack in LPF)


  • #175
    History 20

    It is a tradition since the end of the war that representatives of the individual kingdoms bring presents of items or food to official or diplomatic gatherings. The bigger the event, the more the representatives try to impress with the degree of food, wine and presents.


    The Gathering Room appears to be a banquet hall. Four large tables are heaped with meats, wines, fruit and deserts. The foods seem to represent the different regions of Khorvaire.

    Fruit delicacies grown in northern Aundair sit opposite steak and pork from Karnath and desert delicacies and white wine of Thrane. Brellish breads overflow in a decorative cornucopia. Bottles of Karnathi wine has been opened and poured. Half eaten plates of food and wine sit on the edges of the tables.

    The guardsmen lay around the room in various locations. No blade wounds are obvious from your current location.
    Last edited by FourMonos; Thursday, 21st June, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

  • #176
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,042

    Ignore Neurotic
    The priest hurries into the room toward the nearest guards and checks them for signs of life or cause of death.

    His mind searches those lying for signs of life.

    Heal (1d20+14=33)

  • #177
    GM: Nice roll.


    The priest easily detects the guard's shallow breathing. His system is significantly impaired. It is clear to you that these men have been drugged or poisoned. It is also clear that the guard had recently partaken in the food from this room.

  • #178
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,042

    Ignore Neurotic
    "The food is poisoned. But these are all guards. Where are the guests?"

    @FourMonos, would healer's mercy or saving throw granting effects help the guard(s)

  • #179
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    Czern ignores the fallen guards, looking instead for where the ambassadors may have been taken or gone. It is the soldier's duty to die for their country---and sometimes continue to fight.
    OOC: Other exits, scrape marks, etc? Perception 19 (not sure why it showed two; the bottom roll is always the first).
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #180
    GM: The room you just entered is the Greeting Hall. Here's the map again for ease of use. The Greeting Hall has the four large tables in it from J - S, 28 - 37. There are a large set of double doors across from the entrance at M - P 38.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 353
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th March, 2013, 04:38 PM
    2. Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??
      By FourMonos in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 350
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 05:13 PM
    3. Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1103
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th September, 2011, 02:36 PM
    4. Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 453
      Last Post: Friday, 11th June, 2010, 02:42 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •