D&D 4th Edition Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g - Page 30




  1. #291
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Venakhad
    @Neurotic The ambassador is not a changeling, but he seems panicked. In a situation like this, you surmise that maybe he knew something was going to happen...

 

  • #292
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,050

    Ignore Neurotic
    To the minds of companions, not ambassadors:
    "The ambassadors are not changelings, I'm fairly sure of that, but Karrnathi seems panicked. In a situation like this, I surmise that he maybe knew something was going to happen...Czern, Alexia, maybe you should try to calm him down before he does something dangerous?"

  • #293
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,598

    Ignore KarinsDad
    "What the heck?" Chael exclaims. "Someone's talking directly to my mind." Chael says as she looks suspicioiusly at the people in the room.

    "I don't know what's going on here, but you knew ahead of time that something was going to happen, didn't you? That's why you wanted the last assassin killed and that's why you want to get out of here so desparately. You want all of the loose ends that link this back to you tied up. Well, that's not going to happen. And your own dogs turned on you. It seems like someone else was trying to tie up loose ends as well. Come on, spill it. Who arranged for this attack? If you don't tell us, that person might succeed on you next time." Chael says, walking right up to the Karrnath ambassador.

    OOC: Sorry Neurotic, but Chael wouldn't know how to be subtle unless she gets hit in the face with a brick explaining it. Diplomacy is one of her weakest skills. Gotta roleplay her as I view her.


    OOC

    @FourMonos, Chael's Passive Insight is 26, so I just assumed that she auto-made the first Insight check. If a roll is needed, please do so.

    PS. Chael will keep continuing to sustain the Wall of Thorns.

  • #294
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    GM: Right you are KD, you would be privy to the same info with that insight.


    With Chael's accusation, the Karrnath Ambassador loses his wind. He almost collapses onto the table beside him.

    The Breland Ambassador looks shocked, "Milthane? You knew about this?"

    Ambassador Milthane nods sadly.

    "I'm sorry everyone. I had no idea that anything like this could happen. I thought I was just supplying information about politics. Telling them where I would be and who would be here. I had no idea anyone would try to kill us. When they said someone had to accompany me... I should have known something bad would happen.

    "I think the changeling poisoned the wine I brought from Karrnath. My personal guard was looking into what was going on, but then he went missing.

    He desperately grabs Alexia's sleeve, "I had to do it! They took her! They took my daughter and turned her to stone! If I didn't tell them they said she would be shattered." With a shaking hand, he draws an object from his robe pocket. When he opens his hand, you see a small piece of stone. A moment's inspection reveals it is a perfectly formed small finger made of stone.

    From beyond the thorn wall, you hear the veteran guard captain shout out, "Spire! Spire! Let us through these thorns please! There were only two shifters out here. They kept changing appearance and attacking the guards. Had us at our own throats for a bit, but they're dead now."

  • #295
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    The explanation seems to satisfy Malehan. As he hears the captain of the guard asking for the wall to come down, he turns to Chael. "Don't lower it yet."

    "Captain, we stop the assassins. The ambassadors are safe for now. You are aware of the situation and we have some assaillant to question. As long as we don't know the number, we can't trust someone who got out of our sight. I think you can understand that. Will you allow us to question the changeling before we lower the wall?"
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #296
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,050

    Ignore Neurotic
    "Let them pass, Chael. And next time don't tell everyone that I spoke to you. That way we may keep some tactics to ourselves." speaks kalashtar in his raspy voice.

    "If you had torn throat, I'm fairly sure you would talk any other way if you could in preference to this ruined voice."

  • #297
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Rohna was intently scanning the room for any more foes to feed her hammer, and seemed to completely miss the exchange of lies and recriminations. Hearing the veteran guard on the other side of the wall shout the code word she moves forward. "That guard outside said the code word, lower the wall... and now I'm hungry again." The obsidian skinned fighter looks over her many wounds with a satisfied gaze, and whips the gore off of her mordenkrad with a spinning flourish once more before retrieving her shield.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #298
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    "Oh yeah, the code word. I forgot about it. Each time I pass through a combat, it's just like a month have pass by." replies Malehan.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #299
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    The undead knight walks purposefully over to the Karrnath ambassador and looms over him, Czern's Karrnathi military dress impeccable save for the recent battle stains. You have failed the Wolf. See you do not fail further. Your child can yet be saved, but you must assist.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #300
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,598

    Ignore KarinsDad
    OOC: Sorry Neurotic. I wasn't aware that your PC was often using telepathy to talk with us. I thought he could use it, but was unaware that he was using it. Chael would have responded that way a lot earlier. As for Kalashtar, it's an assumption that everyone knows about them. They look like humans and to blend in, many of them probably wouldn't use telepathy right and left. I was trying to stay IC there.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 353
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th March, 2013, 04:38 PM
    2. Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??
      By FourMonos in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 350
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 05:13 PM
    3. Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1103
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th September, 2011, 02:36 PM
    4. Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 453
      Last Post: Friday, 11th June, 2010, 02:42 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •