1. Czern Belog, level 9 Knight, Defender
2. Chael, level 8 hybrid Battlemind/Druid, Defender/Leader
3. Alexia Madgearu, level 8 Bard, Leader
4. Malehan level 8 Avenger, Striker
5. Venakhad, level 7 Cleric, Leader
6. kal'Tarron Alrahain, level 6 Avenger, Striker
7. Rohna, level 8 fighter, Defender

[sblock=Recognition and Thanks]
First, as with my prior adventure in L4W, I would like to thank those that allowed me to participate in their games. The great leaders and story tellers, that made the PBP gaming fun. Apologies for anyone missed, but a special thanks to renau1g, SR, Mal, HMG, KD, dimsdale, jsb and JNC. I stole without shame their various rules, outlines and ideas.

Second, this is my second adventure. It is as much a feeling out process for both you and me. If it goes well, this adventure has future plans to lead on an epic campaign to foreign and exciting lands. If we're not happy at its completion, it can stand alone and we part ways. I am in no way an expert on gaming, rules or DM'ing.

Last: I'll try not to kill anyone except through the bad luck of dice. Good luck! [/sblock]

EXPECTATIONS AND RULES:

Keep your Player Info Up to Date: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

*I like KD's idea that players knocked unconscious will have some impact on their turn. Anyone knocked unconscious effectively goes first in the round (meaning rolling death saves, ect). Which means even if healed, you will be missing a round of action.

DM Posts during combat will include:

1. Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1).

2. Map in the form of a grid with coordinates
**I'll be using Google Maps, so if you don't have an account, get one. They are free**
Google maps allows everyone to adjust their location on their turn and the power effects. If you have a power that moves, shifts of pushes, make sure you document all those effects in your post. I do not want to have people or monsters magically change without explanations.

3. Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including: Damage taken, bloodied status, aura, effects, status effects and MBA. I like the format where monster defenses are revealed after you target/hit them, so we'll try that first. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: I will try to give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only. I understand life happens and gaming shouldn't be anyone's only priority. Just understand that in the interest of everyone's enjoyment, your character will be moved forward to be in everyone's best interest if time lags too much.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

I will ask stupid questions about parcel distribution. It doesn't make sense at times, so I will have to get some clarification...

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag. I prefer as much discussion and conversation to occur in character with possible questions to the DM in ooc format.

The game begins...

If not for the recent wind, its possible that the adventurers would be more interested in the bottom of their cups than the activities outside the tavern. Yet, with their eyes open (except the female bard), they notice the single person hurrying in front of the tavern. The soldier, as no other term best applies, catches your eye as he hurries past the front windows. His face is etched in concentration, jaw set and focused in his hurried pace. The light glints off his chainmail armor, his blue cloak billowing out behind his frenetic pace.

There is a brief moment when you realize something is wrong with the background crowd, but only in retrospect do you realize the movement of the man in black against the flow of foot traffic. The man in black's trajectory brings him directly in line with the hurrying soldier. Had it not been so deliberate, the mild collision could be thought an accident on a busy street.

The timing of the collision is poor as it occurs directly outside the door to the Tower's Shard Tavern. There is a strangled cry, the guard's arm flails out, striking the door and opening it for those inside to clearly see the encounter. Shielded from the street, but clear to those observing, the man in black's dagger is embedded into the axilla of the soldier. His eyes dart into the tavern. Finding himself discovered, the man in black releases his grip and the soldier falls back against the door frame, sinking to the ground. As fast as he appeared, the man in black moves away from the tavern and up the street, heading west.

GM: Please make your initial reactions and posts and then we'll get started. No you can not kill the man in black right now...

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8

The fighter is standing just at the base of the stairs when the swinging-door framed scene plays out in front of everyone. She darts across the tavern after the man in black. "There's the City Watch for you! Never around when someone's getting knifed in the street... unless they are the ones doing the knifing!"

[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: ...
Minor: ...
Move: toward man in black
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 76/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel
Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85(0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priest sitting quietly with kal'Tarron stands quickly.

One could almost feel the energy going from him, but his ruined neck produces only rasping cough.

The assassin however is nearly blinded by mental shout emanating from kalashtar, strengthened by quory lord within him.
"STOP!"

He grabs his weapon and starts toward the door.

Velmont

First Post
"Not another assassin..." murmurs Malehan. Last time he had investigated an assassination attempt, his group almost all got killed. He had been the last one standing and if his killing blow would have been blocked, he would have probably got killed just after that...

But it seems boredom have more power than cautiousness, because Malehan quickly stands up and starts to run after the man in black.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
From behind in the street comes a heavy clomping sound as the armored night makes his way through the street. His appearance causes a few startled cries from those that did not already see the dead guard.[sblock=Czern Belog]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 85/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 15/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat
Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
*Dusk, up and guard the door.* Chael mentally commands the bear as she moves up and tries to heal the stricken man.

[sblock=Actions]
Yeah, I know. The guy is assassinated and this is a waste of time.

Free: Mentally command Dusk.
Move: Move towards soldier. Have Dusk move to doorway as well.
Standard: Healing Word on soldier.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Chael]
I'm posting quickly from work. I'll put a stat block into my future posts.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
The guard weakly raises his left arm as the heroes leap to action. None have made it past him as he weakly whispers, "Help me..."

Amazingly, Chael's healing spell has little effect upon the soldier.

Brews, with a speed that does not seem possible given his metallic size, leaps the bar. He grabs the half elf bard sitting near the bar by the collar. Pressing a worn hexagonal coin into his hand, he yells, "Varis! Go now to the Jurasco healer two doors down! He is our only chance of saving this man."

GM: Just thought you might not to overlook the adventure hook lying at your feet...

Velmont

First Post
OOC: If I had my healer, be sure he would have favored to heal the guard... but I play my avenger, and a really quick one, so I favored to follow the man in black and let others (like Chael, which did a good work) to take care of the guard

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Easy man. A healer has been sent for. Tell me who you are. Do you know why you were attacked?" Chael asks as she tries to cradle the man's head and make him comfortable.

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8

Rohna leaps through the open doorway, over the fallen guard and crouched cleric, tumbling back to her feet just on the other side of them. Whirling in the direction the man in black ran, she barely spots him, much too far away for her to catch herself. Her free hand rips toward the heavens, her mailed fingers glowing red hot as flames trail from their passage and an echoing hiss escapes her lips. The molten spirit form of Mitra rises in the assassin's path a full 100ft from the fighter, raising onto her hind legs and roaring a challenge to the would be killer as she towers over the sprinting villain. The Goliath's eyes flash red as her hand drops back to her side a deep rage brewing inside her at the fiend's audacity to kill in front of the Shard.

[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: ...
Minor: World Speaker's Command (OA)
Move: tumble past fallen guard
Standard: Summon Spirit Companion[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 76/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel
Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85(0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases