So I decided to build a game table

The Red King

First Post
Anyone who can't manage a beverage proficiently during a game gets sent to the Incompetent Ninny Corner and is forced to wear the Black Hat of Shame when I'm DM. No need for these fancy-schmancy 'cup holders'.

I totally agree..... except during drunken D and D!

Actually, one benefit of the recessed center, at least from what I can see in those pictures, is that you could conceivably leave minis in place if you have to stop mid-battle or something.

Better have a cover for that center part if you have kids or cats.... Or in my case, a wife who likes to fold clothes in that general area.

Yep, after I make the top boards to cover the center, any minis can stay in place and the table is still usable. I do play some Warhammer 40k and some old school Battletech.

How big is the opening? Looks like it is almost big enough for Heroclix as well. (No colossals.)

Splurch

Explorer
So got the second coat of stain on the top and finished staining the table. All that is left is to add the clear coat before my 3.5 game on Sunday. The only downside is I think it weighs about 300 lbs...lol

Attachments

• 20120420_194702.jpg
    20120420_194702.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20120420_202528.jpg
    20120420_202528.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87

tigg75

First Post
After further claulations...

After doing some very rough calculations, I think that the table weighs just over 200 lbs or so. Either way, no one is running up and snatching it by themselves unless they bring a buddy or two. Regardless of what subsection the offending table has been found in violation of. :lol:

tigg75

First Post
I see the problem now; you need to upgrade to 4e :p

If I wanted to play a miniatures, I'd go with Warhammer or Battletech. But since we wanted to play D&D I think we'll just go with anything 3.5 or earlier. 4.0 kinda takes the role, out of role-playing and makes everyone pretty much the same.

Splurch

Explorer
I actually got 4th edition the day it came out and we played it for about a year but my group just didn't get into it. What it reminds me of was warhammer 2nd edition (it had heroes that you could improve). I really don't like using miniatures for D&D, I like the game for what it is but its just not the way my group likes to play.

Remove ads