D&D 4E Writing a 4e Planescape adventure for community

Quickleaf

Legend
When my recent Planescape game ended abruptly, I had many unused notes. As I read over them I realized I could piece together a mini-adventure, and made a Dungeon submission out of it. The submission was rejected, but I was inspired by [MENTION=59411]Pour[/MENTION] to post it on the Fourth Party website and see if anyone would like to contribute to it (www.fourthparty.freeforums.org/planescape-adventure-151.html).

While Fourth Party works out some technical issues, I'm uploading my working files of "Fettered Lies" here.

And if anyone feels like contributing writing, design, art, cartography, editing, or playtesting let me know. :)

[sblock=Adventure Synopsis]
Fettered Lies is a 4e adventure written for characters levels 11-13, following their heist to steal the Book of Lies from the burning vaults of Dispater. Along the way they'll navigate the Carnival of Doors, deal with an ingratiating marraenoloth who probably intends to betray them, possibly recruit a damned soul and a captive paladin to their team, and execute their clever plan in the hostile Iron City of Dis.[/sblock]

EDIT: Just added updated files as of 6/15.

Attachments

• Fettered Lies.pdf
    620.6 KB · Views: 1,820
  • 1_ githzerai monk.pdf
    189 KB · Views: 425
  • 2_eladrin thief.pdf
    228.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 3_ bariaur fighter.pdf
    192.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 4_ genasi wizard.pdf
    250.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 6_modron knight.pdf
    184.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Arctic Wolf

First Post
Hmm I did need some filler for after the first mission so this should be fun and interesting to try out, even though it may take me into June to test, so I hope that is ok :)

Pour

First Post
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION], Going to be reading the adventure over the weekend and begin preliminary sketches of some of the art. Looking forward to this!

Pour

First Post
Excellent news. Just finishing up an art open call submission (orc shaman) and I'll have some ideas sent to you.

Quickleaf

Legend
Excellent news. Just finishing up an art open call submission (orc shaman) and I'll have some ideas sent to you.

Cool, good luck with your submission.

I just uploaded my latest work on the adventure, have a good outline of where it's going, finished the "first" encounter with Sheng the Magewright, and have clarified the layout/look.

My goal is to write two more encounters in the next week to finish Part I: Carnival of Doors. These encounters are...

Chasing Far'bulaz: A skill challenge chasing a masked fiend contact thru streets filled with masked revelers.

Fortunata's Game: A card game gambling puzzle with a gifted/cursed Vistana woman with supernaturally high stakes.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks for sharing this.

Will you post them in this thread or will they get their own threads?

I'd be happy to contribute somehow. I kept wanting to collaborate on converting an old adventure to 4e, but couldn't pick out one to convert. (It'd have to be available online, for free, with no legal issues... which is pretty much no TSR/WotC adventures.)

Quickleaf

Legend
Thanks for sharing this.

Will you post them in this thread or will they get their own threads?
You're welcome! I'm going to post everything in this thread, mostly in PDF (and DOC) format; though if I get stuck somewhere I will post mechanics to be hashed out in post format.

I'd be happy to contribute somehow. I kept wanting to collaborate on converting an old adventure to 4e, but couldn't pick out one to convert. (It'd have to be available online, for free, with no legal issues... which is pretty much no TSR/WotC adventures.)
Hah :) I'm actually drawing a bit from the old Fires of Dis, Planes of Law, and Planes of Conflict books.

Right now it's just me doing the writing and [MENTION=59411]Pour[/MENTION] is going to do some sketches. There's room for design, writing, art, cartography, editing, playtesting, layout...really it's up to you how you'd like to contribute.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I was extremely pleased to see the length of this adventure, before I realised it was unfinished.

But what I see, I like. I think it's been established that I like your sensibilities.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases