Digging For Lies - Ziggurat Rainbow Puzzle

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Sorry, I think all the problems stem from the red and orange looking so similar on my original map..

The intent was for the first platform to have the blue and orange crystals. The orange walls and bridges are all opposite the blue ones. The red bridge is opposite the green, and there is a red wall blocking the yellow crystal.

Also I just realized that the wall outside the violet crystal should be violet. (So it goes away when you press the yellow).

Hope that helps.

ve4grm

First Post
Sorry, I think all the problems stem from the red and orange looking so similar on my original map..

The intent was for the first platform to have the blue and orange crystals. The orange walls and bridges are all opposite the blue ones. The red bridge is opposite the green, and there is a red wall blocking the yellow crystal.

Also I just realized that the wall outside the violet crystal should be violet. (So it goes away when you press the yellow).

Hope that helps.

Been a while, but I'm about to run this myself, so here's an updated map based on this info.

Attachments

• ZG03_Lies_4E_RainbowBridgesFixed_Updated.jpg
    ZG03_Lies_4E_RainbowBridgesFixed_Updated.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 404

al_fredo

First Post
Well...I've been looking at this thread trying to understand it, and I think I got it.

I'm using ve4grm's updated map, EXCEPT that he has one mistake. The wall in the northeast containing the violet stone, should not also be violet (otherwise, you hit it, and you're trapped in). Seems to me it should be green, to maintain the symmetry of the puzzle. I worked it out with 4 PCs, and it works.

I guess the bigger question is, they could take one look at this room and go the other way. I might close a door behind them or something. We have fey stepper in the group...so the puzzle could be solved a bit more quickly (though, brushing up on rules, I see you need line of sight)

Ajar

Explorer
Well...I've been looking at this thread trying to understand it, and I think I got it.

I'm using ve4grm's updated map, EXCEPT that he has one mistake. The wall in the northeast containing the violet stone, should not also be violet (otherwise, you hit it, and you're trapped in). Seems to me it should be green, to maintain the symmetry of the puzzle. I worked it out with 4 PCs, and it works.

I guess the bigger question is, they could take one look at this room and go the other way. I might close a door behind them or something. We have fey stepper in the group...so the puzzle could be solved a bit more quickly (though, brushing up on rules, I see you need line of sight)

I set the whole dungeon up in MapTool, including the puzzle, and my players went the other way without even looking in the puzzle room door. They checked it on their way back, but by that point the flood was approaching and they weren't about to tackle another fight.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
I set the whole dungeon up in MapTool, including the puzzle, and my players went the other way without even looking in the puzzle room door. They checked it on their way back, but by that point the flood was approaching and they weren't about to tackle another fight.

I set it all up too, and my players had a similar reaction. :D They took one look at the prismatic lighting under the curtain and went the other way. They had the "expert ziggurat trampler" rock Rackus with them, after all. Between his expert advice and the monk's extremely high perception, they just went down the middle passageway avoiding or disabling every trap they came across, thus avoiding the "sliding floor" trap too. Ah, well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases