[LPF] Guard Duty


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 266
  1. #1
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    sunshadow21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,706
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore sunshadow21
    My communities:

    [LPF] Guard Duty

    DM: Sunshadow21
    Judge:

    Start Date: 4/19/2012
    End Date: 6/27/2012
    70 days

    Players:
    Cavernous Hode
    Encounter XP: 1040; Encounter GP: 1420
    level 2 - 6/27/12 (0 starting xp + 1040 encounter xp + 490 time xp =1530 xp) level 2 time gp (70 days x 6 gp) = 420 gp
    total xp = 1530; total gp = 1840
    Rhydius VanDarver
    Encounter XP: 1040; Encounter GP: 1420
    level 2 - 6/27/12 (0 starting xp + 1040 encounter xp + 490 time xp =1530 xp) level 2 time gp (70 days x 6 gp) = 420 gp
    total xp = 1530; total gp = 1840
    Sana Sahar
    Encounter XP: 1040; Encounter GP: 1420
    level 2 - 6/27/12 (0 starting xp + 1040 encounter xp + 490 time xp =1530 xp) level 2 time gp (70 days x 6 gp) = 420 gp
    total xp = 1530; total gp = 1840
    Tasanto Nysys
    Encounter XP: 1040; Encounter GP: 1420
    level 2 - 6/27/12 (0 starting xp + 1040 encounter xp + 490 time xp =1530 xp) level 2 time gp (70 days x 6 gp) = 420 gp
    total xp = 1530; total gp = 1840
    Thiera
    Encounter XP: 1040; Encounter GP: 1420
    level 2 - May 8th (779 starting xp + 400 encounter xp + 140 time xp =1319 xp) level 1 time gp (20 days x 6 gp) = 120 gp
    total time xp = 140 + (50 days x 11 xp) = 690; total time gp= 120 + (50 days x 11 gp) = 670
    total xp = 1730; total gp = 2090

    Loot Table
    MW Scimitar x2, Comp (+2 Str) Longbow, Comp (+3 Str) Longbow, MW Studded Leather x2, Leaf Armor, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (17 charges), Potion of Enlarge Person


    Adventure Rules
    * I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

    * Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling because some rolls need to be kept secret and it's just plain faster when trying to roll for a lot of npcs.

    * Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

    * If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

    * All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet would be much appreciated in every IC post during a fight.


    Example Mini-stats block:
    Mini Stats

    Ariel Esimae
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 9 Current: 9
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
    +1 for all with Resistance
    Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

    Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
    Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
    Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW


    Encounter Information
    Pirates CR 5 1600 xp total/320 xp each
    Rescue: CR 1 400 xp total/80 xp each
    The Tunnels: CR 1 400 xp total/80 xp each
    Biter Den: CR 4 1200 xp total/240 xp each, 4400 gp of coins/gems
    Pirate Scouts: CR 5 1600 xp total/320 xp each, MW Scimitar x2, Comp (+2 Str) Longbow, Comp (+3 Str) Longbow, MW Studded Leather x2, Leaf Armor, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (17 charges), Potion of Enlarge Person
    Last edited by sunshadow21; Wednesday, 27th June, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

 

  • #2
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    sunshadow21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,706
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore sunshadow21
    My communities:

    The two officers sit quietly in the room sipping on a drink and talking with each other as you enter. There is a bit of food on a side table to nibble on, but it is clear that they intend to deal with the business at hand quickly and move on to the next tavern.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Tasanto knocks at the door and waits for an acknowledgement before entering. After receiving such, he opens it. An scrawny, awkward kid struggles to get his polearm and saddlebag through the door without bumping something. Setting them in the corner of the room, "Hello. The posting you put out there says you have honorable work and that is what I am looking for. My name is Tasanto Nysys."

  • #4
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    sunshadow21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,706
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore sunshadow21
    My communities:

    The officers look over the first candidate quietly as you notice that the table has been moved to one of the walls, and the center of the room has been cleared. "May as well get started. Choose a weapon, and see if you can hit Lt. Oris here. Just remember, this is merely a brief demonstration, not a full blown fight." With that, the younger man draws his scimitar and steps into the middle of the room, taking up a defensive posture.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore mazzoli
    Thiera quietly opens the door and softly steps into the room. Upon seeing the slight half-elf already in the room she hesitates before striding further into the room, shutting the door, and speaking up, "I am Thiera and I am responding to your notice posted outside. Guard work sounds as though it would be interesting and cleansing the coast of pirates is a noble endeavour."

    A look of mild surprise crosses her face when she realizes how much she just said in front of somebody who is neither an acquaintance nor a prospective employer. She swallows the burn of embarrassment, hangs her head, and proceeds to look inquiringly at the chairs across from the officers.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Tasanto Nysys (level 1, Synthesist)

    "Ah, a test sounds fair. Let me see. The lucerne hammer would make a mess of the ceiling the way I swing it. Throwing rocks with the sling would make more of a ruckus than a point. If you give me a moment, I choose claws." Tasanto focuses his energy while muttering an incantation. A cloud of black smoke forms around him and compresses in to form muscles, fur and hind haunches as well. When the incantation is done, he stands nearly a foot taller and on four legs.

    After the incantation finishes, he notices the girl that entered. "Hello Thiera. It appears they would like a demonstration of our abilities. If you don't mind, I will go first."

    The cattaur circles the room giving time for the girl to move to an out of the way place. Then backing up so as to provide some distance between the combatants, he pauses, folds his hands and bows. After his opponent bows and readies, the cattaur takes a three step charging leap at the officer while letting out a bellowing roar.

    actions
    Circle and pick a spot with 15 feet between them. Bow and wait for it to be returned. Charging pounce (claw/claw/bite) for minimal damage. He only needs to move 10' to qualify as a charge. Not choosing nonlethal due to the attack penalty.

    Those rolls sucked. Min damage would be 3 for the first attack if it hit.
    mini-stats
    Tasanto AC 14 12 HP 9/9 real 11/11 temp, Init +2, Darkvision, Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Move 40'
    Claw/Claw +3, d4+2
    Bite +3, d6+2
    Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3
    Handbo +3, d6+2
    Dagger +3, d4+2
    Sling, +3, d4+2..... Sling Bullets 10 Normal
    Fort: +1, Reflex +2, Will +6
    ...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt
    .,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor
    ,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), celestial eagles
    .............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
    .....Immediate Actions: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
    Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
    Effects: charge, AC 12

    OOC:
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Saturday, 21st April, 2012 at 07:12 PM.

  • #7
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    sunshadow21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,706
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore sunshadow21
    My communities:

    While none of the attacks quite get through Lt. Oris's full defensive stance, the officers none the less seem satisfied. "That will do nicely. Even if the attacks aren't the strongest, it is clear that you have other abilities that will prove to be useful. Report to the eastern dock at sunset, and you will be assigned a bunk on one of the escort frigates for a convoy hauling supplies to the village of Poisson up the coast a bit. It should be a fairly short trip, but an eventful one if the reports are to be believed. Now, Thiera, if you could do the same as Tasanto, and show us your capabilities, we can keep this moving right along."

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore mazzoli
    Thiera appraises the situation dubiously. Surmising that since the officers wish a combat trial they must have some means of helping the participant who comes up short she warily assesses Oris and, admiring his courage for making himself a target, speaks softly, "Apologies, Lieutenant."

    In a flash she draws an arrow from her quiver, nocks the arrow against the bowstring and draws the bow in one fluid motion. The thrum of the string as the arrow leaves the bow reverberates through the oddly quiet room, especially considering the ruckus from the common room.

    Seeing the arrow strike true, she immediately strides over to Oris to begin basic first aid, apologizing all the while.

    OOC
    We'll say she was aiming for the general shoulder area, so no need to worry about a critical hit. I'd really rather not accidentally off one of the characters trying to hire me.
    Last edited by mazzoli; Sunday, 22nd April, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Tasanto was dawdling while collecting his things from the corner, wanting to watch the girl's test.

    His jaw drops.

    Reaching into his pocketed scarf, he pulls out a blue potion offering it to the officer. "This may help."

    ooc
    He stands there, holding a potion of healing out for use if needed.
    Awe, come on, try confirming the crit.
    SS wouldn't send in first level officers to test us.

  • #10
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    sunshadow21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,706
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore sunshadow21
    My communities:

    While Lt. Oris definitely notices the blow, he doesn't look as hurt as you think he should. As he rubs his shoulder, the older officer pulls out a wand and applies it to the bruise. Both seem quite pleased with the result. "Thank you for the offer, but we came prepared for this. Good shot, young lady. You will do quite nicely. Report to the eastern dock at sunset for your assignment."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. My Mouse Guard Blog (And Mouse Guard in general)
      By Kexizzoc in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th September, 2013, 03:35 AM
    2. Security Guard Duty
      By afata5 in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 30th March, 2007, 09:45 PM
    3. DM's Duty
      By dren in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th June, 2004, 03:17 AM
    4. Call of Duty
      By Goodsport in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Friday, 12th September, 2003, 09:41 PM
    5. Call of Duty
      By Messageboard Golem in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th February, 2003, 06:00 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •